- The report contains detailed information about FSI International Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for FSI International Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The FSI International Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes FSI International Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of FSI International Inc. business.
About FSI International Inc.
FSI International, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, marketing, and support of equipment used in the fabrication of microelectronics, such as advanced semiconductor devices.
The company manufactures, markets, and supports surface conditioning equipment that uses wet, vapor, cryogenic, and other chemistry techniques to clean, strip or etch the surfaces of silicon wafers and supplies refurbished microlithography products that are used to deposit and develop light sensitive films. These businesses are supported by service groups that provide finance, human resources, information services, sales and service, marketing and other administrative functions.
The company directly sells and services its products in North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region, except for Japan. In Japan, the companys products are sold and serviced through Apprecia Technology, Inc. (Apprecia), a company in which it maintains a 20 percent equity ownership.
The companys surface conditioning (SC) systems perform etching and cleaning operations for: front-end-of-line (FEOL) fabrication steps, where integrated circuits or transistors are formed in and on the substrate during the manufacturing process; back-end-of-line (BEOL) fabrication steps, where metal wiring levels are formed on the surface of the wafer and are connected to the transistors; and wafer-level packaging surface preparation, including cleaning, etching and stripping functions necessary to fabricate solder bumps or other terminal structures needed to connect the chip to the circuit board.
Batch Spray Processing Systems: The companys batch spray processing systems, which include the ZETA and MERCURY Spray Cleaning Systems, are surface conditioning systems that remove unwanted films and contaminants from the surface of semiconductor wafers at various stages in the microelectronic device fabrication process. Multiple cassettes that contain up to 27 wafers each are placed onto a turntable inside the systems process chamber. As the turntable rotates, dispense ports apply a chemical spray to the wafers surfaces to dissolve and remove the undesirable films and contaminants. After chemical application, ultra pure water is sprayed on the wafer surfaces to rinse away the chemicals. The companys control system and chemical mixing manifold allow the user to define, control and monitor a variety of chemical mixtures, temperatures and sequences. This enables the user to develop new processes and utilize the systems for multiple applications.
The companys batch spray systems are suited for applications that require removal of high levels of contamination, such as implanted photoresist and unreacted salicide metal. ZETA systems are differentiated in that they dispense fresh chemicals during wafer processing as compared to wet bench systems that may use recirculated chemicals.
The ZETA System is a fully-automated batch spray processor available in configurations for both 200 and 300mm wafers. The advanced process controls, process capability and automation are used for technology nodes, particularly from 90 nanometers (nm) down to 32nm and below. ZETA products provide an automated environment to move wafers to and from the process chamber. This tools multi-chemical flow system allows for a range of chemical blend ratios. The system is also available in a lower cost semi-automated configuration capable of processing 150 or 200mm wafers.
In 2008, the companys ViPR technology was expanded to include stripping of unreacted metals for metal silicide process steps most notably the nickel platinum silicide process which traditionally used hazardous aqua regia chemistry. Aqua regia (a mixture of nitric acid and hydrochloric acid) is also known to attack nickel platinum silicide degrading 45 and 32nm device performance. ViPR has demonstrated its ability to efficiently strip the unreacted metals without attacking the silicide layer.
The MERCURY System is a semi-automated batch spray processor designed for wafer sizes up to 200mm in diameter and process technologies through the 90nm node. Mercury systems offer the benefits of high performance cleans,
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FSI INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FSI INTERNATIONAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FSI INTERNATIONAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FSI INTERNATIONAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FSI INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. FSI International Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of FSI International Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of FSI International Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. FSI International Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. FSI International Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. FSI INTERNATIONAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FSI INTERNATIONAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FSI INTERNATIONAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FSI INTERNATIONAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FSI INTERNATIONAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FSI INTERNATIONAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
FSI International Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
FSI International Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
FSI International Inc. Major Shareholders
FSI International Inc. History
FSI International Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
FSI International Inc. Offices and Representations
FSI International Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
FSI International Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
FSI International Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
FSI International Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
FSI International Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
FSI International Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
FSI International Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
FSI International Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
FSI International Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
FSI International Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
FSI International Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
FSI International Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?