- The report contains detailed information about EZchip Semiconductor Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for EZchip Semiconductor Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The EZchip Semiconductor Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes EZchip Semiconductor Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of EZchip Semiconductor Ltd. business.
About EZchip Semiconductor Ltd.
EZchip Semiconductor Ltd., through its subsidiary, EZchip Technologies, engages in the development and marketing of Ethernet network processors for networking equipment.
Network Processor Chips
The NP-1c is a single-chip, full-duplex, 10-Gigabit network processor that integrates search engines. NP-1c uses a 0.13-micron chip manufacturing process.
The NP-2 is a single-chip, full-duplex, 10-Gigabit network processor. In addition to the integration of packet processing, classification search engines and MACs provided in the NP-1c, the NP-2 also includes traffic managers for improved QoS. By integrating the traffic management function directly into its network processor, the company offers its customers a network processing solution that reduces power dissipation. The NP-2 network processor is available in three models with different speeds and feature sets, which enables the NP-2 to position itself in network processor market segments not reached by the NP-1 and NP-1c.
The company has two versions of the NP-3 network processor. The first is a version developed jointly with Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (Marvell), for a networking equipment vendor. The company developed the second version independently of Marvell for the general market. It also provides traffic management and an integrated offload engine for operations, administration and maintenance, or OAM, functions which are of importance in carrier Ethernet equipment.
Evaluation Boards and Network-processor Based Systems
The company offers systems based on its network processor. These systems also serve customers that focus and differentiate themselves through software applications and are in need of packet processing hardware platforms for their software applications. The systems the company provides use similar software environments and is different in their form factor: NP-3 EZappliance is a stand-alone, self-contained box based on the NP-3; EZsystem is a stand-alone, self-contained box based on the NP-1c and NP-2; EZ-ATCA is based on the NP-2 and follows the Telecommunications Computing Architecture; is provided as a blade that can be plugged into an AdvancedTCA chassis; and evaluation systems for NP-4 and NPA network processors in various form factors.
Development Software Toolkits
The company, in order to facilitate its customers adaptation of its products, offers toolkits that assist its customers in creating, verifying and implementing solutions based on its network processors. These toolkits are used for customers product development based on all of its network processors.
The EZdesign toolkit is a software development toolset with a graphical user interface (GUI) for writing, testing and debugging programs for its network processors to implement a range of applications. It includes a hardware-software simulator, a compiler, debugger and other utilities.
EZdriver is a toolset that facilitates the development of the control path software for EZchip Technologies-based systems. It enables applications that run on the control central processing unit, or CPU, to communicate with its network processors. EZdriver consists of routines that execute on the control CPU and provide an application program interface (API) to the network processor. It includes network processor configuration, microcode loading, creation and maintenance of network-processor lookup structures, sending and receiving frames to and from the network processor, as well as configuration and access to the network-processor statistics block.
To assist its customers in their application development, EZchip Technologies also provides customers with a library featuring source code for a range of applications. These include Metro Ethernet protocols, MPLS (Multi-Protocol Label Switching), IPv4 and IPv6 routing, ACL (Access Control Lists), Network Address Translation and Server Load Balancing. New code is periodically added to this library.
Sales and Marketing
The company has sales and support offices in California and Massachusetts, as well as local support in China.
The companys customers are vendors of networking equipment to which it sells directly or through contract manufacturers or distributors. Its major customers include Juniper Networks, and Marvell Technology Group Ltd.
EZchip Semiconductor Ltd. was incorporated in 1989.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EZCHIP SEMICONDUCTOR LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EZCHIP SEMICONDUCTOR LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EZCHIP SEMICONDUCTOR LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EZCHIP SEMICONDUCTOR LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EZCHIP SEMICONDUCTOR LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. EZchip Semiconductor Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of EZchip Semiconductor Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of EZchip Semiconductor Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. EZchip Semiconductor Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. EZchip Semiconductor Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. EZCHIP SEMICONDUCTOR LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EZCHIP SEMICONDUCTOR LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EZCHIP SEMICONDUCTOR LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. ISRAEL PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EZCHIP SEMICONDUCTOR LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EZCHIP SEMICONDUCTOR LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EZCHIP SEMICONDUCTOR LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
EZchip Semiconductor Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
EZchip Semiconductor Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
EZchip Semiconductor Ltd. Major Shareholders
EZchip Semiconductor Ltd. History
EZchip Semiconductor Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
EZchip Semiconductor Ltd. Offices and Representations
EZchip Semiconductor Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
EZchip Semiconductor Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
EZchip Semiconductor Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
EZchip Semiconductor Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
EZchip Semiconductor Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
EZchip Semiconductor Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
EZchip Semiconductor Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
EZchip Semiconductor Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
EZchip Semiconductor Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
EZchip Semiconductor Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
EZchip Semiconductor Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
EZchip Semiconductor Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?