- The report contains detailed information about DPAC Technologies Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for DPAC Technologies Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The DPAC Technologies Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes DPAC Technologies Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of DPAC Technologies Corp. business.
About DPAC Technologies Corp.
DPAC Technologies Corp., through its wholly owned subsidiary, Quatech, Inc., designs, manufactures, and sells device connectivity and device networking solutions. The company sells its products through a global network of distributors, system integrators, value added resellers, and original equipment manufacturers (OEM). It sells to customers in both domestic and foreign markets.
The companys products categorized into two product lines, device connectivity products and device networking products.
Device Connectivity Products
Multi-Port Serial Boards: These products add ports to desktop computers to allow for the connection of multiple peripherals with standard interfaces.
Mobile Products: These products add ports for laptop and handheld computers. These products include multi-port serial adapters, parallel port adapters, and Bluetooth products.
USB to Serial Pproducts: These products add standard serial ports to computing environment through a USB port. These products address the need to add connectivity through a solution that is external to the computer.
Device Networking Products
Serial Device Server Products: These products connect peripherals to a local area network through a standard TCP/IP interface. This product line was extended through the introduction of product models that connect to the local area network through a wireless 802.11 interface.
Industrial Rated Embedded Wireless Modules: These products enable OEM customers to add standard 802.11 connectivity capabilities to their products. These modules address the needs of various industries, including transportation, telematics, warehouse, and logistic, and point of sale.
The company's multi-port serial boards consists primarily of ISA bus and PCI bus products with 1, 2, 4, or 8 asynchronous serial ports, as well as single port synchronous serial ports. Its mobile products consists primarily of PC Card and Compact Flash products with 1, 2, or 4 asynchronous serial ports, PC Cards with a single synchronous serial port and a PC Card with a single parallel port. The company offers four and eight port multiple electrical interface (MEI) products.
Airborne Wireless Product Line
The company offers a product known as the Airborne Wireless LAN Node module. The wireless product utilizes the 802.11 standard communications protocol (also known as WiFi) and targets the identified growth opportunities in embedded and plug-and-play applications, OEM customers, as well as end-user customers have a need for an integrated local area network wireless connectivity solution. The wireless module includes a radio, base-band processor, an application processor and software for a drop-in Web-enabled WiFi solution for connecting equipment, instrumentation, and other devices to a local area network. An additional plug-and-play version of the product is named AirborneDirect, which provides a Web-enabled wireless connectivity solution for industrial equipment already in field use. The AirborneDirect modules provide instant local area network and Internet connectivity, and connect through standard serial or Ethernet interfaces to various applications. The Airborne modules are designed to provide wireless local area network and Internet connectivity in transportation, logistics, point of sale devices, medical equipment, and other industrial products and applications.
SocketSerial Product Line
In 2009, the company acquired the SocketSerial product line from Socket Mobile. The products in the SocketSerial product line consist of a CompactFlash serial card, a PC serial card, a PC dual serial card, and a PC quad serial card, all with fixed and removable cable models. Also included are a USB to Serial Adapter, USB to Ethernet Adapter, and a license to sell the Cordless Serial Adapter.
Distribution, Marketing and Customers
The company's customers operate in various markets, including retail point of sale, industrial automation, financial services and banking, telecommunications, transportation management, kiosks, access control and security, gaming, data acquisition, satellite communications, and homeland security. The company's export sales are primarily to Canada, western European, and South American countries.
The companys primary competitors in providing embedded 802.11 wireless solutions to OEM customers include Lantronix Inc. and Digi International Inc. Other competitors include Wavecom SA, Maxstream, and Skybility.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DPAC TECHNOLOGIES CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DPAC TECHNOLOGIES CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DPAC TECHNOLOGIES CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DPAC TECHNOLOGIES CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DPAC TECHNOLOGIES CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. DPAC Technologies Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of DPAC Technologies Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of DPAC Technologies Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. DPAC Technologies Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. DPAC Technologies Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. DPAC TECHNOLOGIES CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DPAC TECHNOLOGIES CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DPAC TECHNOLOGIES CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DPAC TECHNOLOGIES CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DPAC TECHNOLOGIES CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DPAC TECHNOLOGIES CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
DPAC Technologies Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
DPAC Technologies Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
DPAC Technologies Corp. Major Shareholders
DPAC Technologies Corp. History
DPAC Technologies Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
DPAC Technologies Corp. Offices and Representations
DPAC Technologies Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
DPAC Technologies Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
DPAC Technologies Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
DPAC Technologies Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
DPAC Technologies Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
DPAC Technologies Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
DPAC Technologies Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
DPAC Technologies Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
DPAC Technologies Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
DPAC Technologies Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
DPAC Technologies Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
DPAC Technologies Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?