- The report contains detailed information about Cypress Semiconductor Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Cypress Semiconductor Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Cypress Semiconductor Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Cypress Semiconductor Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Cypress Semiconductor Corporation business.
About Cypress Semiconductor Corporation
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation engages in the design, development, manufacture, and marketing of mixed-signal, programmable solutions. The companys offerings include the PSoC programmable system-on-chip, universal serial bus (USB) controllers, general-purpose programmable clocks, and memories. It also offers wired and wireless connectivity technologies that enhance connectivity and performance in multimedia handsets. The company serves various markets, including consumer, computation, data communications, automotive, and industrial.
Product and Services
Consumer and Computation Division
The Consumer and Computation Division designs and develops solutions for various end-product manufacturers. This divisions products include PSoC devices, CapSense and TrueTouch touch-sensing/touchscreen products and the CyFi low-power RF radio, the industrys selection of USB controllers and WirelessUSB products, and general-purpose programmable clocks. PSoC products are used in various consumer applications such as MP3 players, mass storage, household appliances, laptop computers, and toys. USB is used primarily in PC and peripheral applications.
Programmable System-on-Chip products: The companys PSoC products are high-performance mixed-signal devices with an on-board microcontroller, programmable digital and analog blocks, SRAM and flash memory. They provide a single-chip solution for various consumer, industrial, medical, and system management applications.
CapSense: The companys PSoC-based CapSense capacitive touch-sensing solutions replace mechanical switches and controls with touch-sensitive controls by detecting the presence or absence of a conductive object (such as a finger) and measuring changes in capacitance. The CapSense family includes CapSense, CapSense Express and CapSense Pluseach supporting different ranges of general purpose inputs/outputs, buttons and slider devices. In 2009, Cypress introduced SmartSense technology, an automatic tuning solution for its CapSense devices that detects and adjusts a systems capacitive-sensing parameters, eliminating the need for manual tuning. Cypress has replaced approximately 3 billion buttons with CapSense technology.
TrueTouch Touchscreen Solutions: TrueTouch is a single-chip touchscreen solution that can interpret the inputs of approximately 10 fingers from all areas of the screen simultaneously. This enables designers to create new usage models for products such as mobile handsets, portable media players (PMPs), global positioning systems (GPS) and other products. The TrueTouch family also includes devices that perform traditional touchscreen functions including interpreting single touches, and gestures such as tap, double-tap, pan, pinch, scroll, and rotate.
USB Controllers: USB provides the primary connection between a PC and peripherals, including keyboards, mice, printers, joysticks, scanners and modems. It is also used to connect various non-PC systems, such as handheld games, digital still cameras and MP3 players. The company offers a range of USB solutions, including low-speed (1.5 Mbps), full-speed (12 Mbps) and high-speed (480 Mbps) USB products. The company also offers various USB hubs, transceivers, serial interface engines, and embedded-host products for a range of applications.
WirelessUSB: Designed for short-range wireless connectivity, WirelessUSB enables personal computer peripherals, gaming controllers, remote controls, toys, and other point-to-point or multipoint-to-point applications to cut the cord with a 2.4-GHz wireless solution. The WirelessUSB system acts as a USB human interface device, so the connectivity is transparent to the designer at the operating system level. WirelessUSB also operates as a wireless link in a host of other applications including industrial, consumer, and medical markets.
CyFi Low-Power RF Solutions: The companys CyFi low-power RF solution is the 2.4-GHz answer to a range of wireless embedded control challenges, enabling designers to create wireless systems. The solution combines a PSoC device, CyFi transceiver, and CyFi network protocol stack. It is used for sensor networks, security monitoring sy
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CYPRESS SEMICONDUCTOR CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CYPRESS SEMICONDUCTOR CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CYPRESS SEMICONDUCTOR CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CYPRESS SEMICONDUCTOR CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CYPRESS SEMICONDUCTOR CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Cypress Semiconductor Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Cypress Semiconductor Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Cypress Semiconductor Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Cypress Semiconductor Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Cypress Semiconductor Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. CYPRESS SEMICONDUCTOR CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CYPRESS SEMICONDUCTOR CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CYPRESS SEMICONDUCTOR CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CYPRESS SEMICONDUCTOR CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CYPRESS SEMICONDUCTOR CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CYPRESS SEMICONDUCTOR CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation Major Shareholders
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation History
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation Offices and Representations
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Cypress Semiconductor Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?