- The report contains detailed information about Cymer Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Cymer Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Cymer Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Cymer Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Cymer Inc. business.
About Cymer Inc.
Cymer, Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of excimer light sources for sale to manufacturers of photolithography tools in the semiconductor equipment industry. In addition, the company sells replacement parts and supports to its lithography tool manufacturer customers, as well as directly to its chipmaker customers.
The company owns 100% interest in TCZ Pte. Ltd. (TCZ), which manufactures a laser crystallization tool targeting the growing market for low-temperature poly-silicon (LTPS) processing used in the manufacture of organic light emitting diode (OLED) flat panel displays.
Products and Support
The companys products include photolithography light source systems and installed base products.
Photolithography Light Source Systems
The companys light source systems include the advanced ArF immersion light sources for use on the most critical process layers. Chipmakers also use its ArF and Krf light sources to fill out or balance their production lines or add capacity to their manufacturing facilities (also referred to as fabs) for less critical layers.
193 nm ArF Immersion Light Sources: These light sources comprise the XLR 600ix, XLR 600i, XLR 500i, XLA 400, and XLA 300.
193 nm ArF Dry Light Sources: The dry ArF lithography is used to pattern a significant number of less-critical layers on wafers. These light sources comprise the XLR 500d, XLA 200, XLA 105, XLA 100, the NanoLith 7000, and ELS-6010A.
248 nm KrF Light Sources: The company provides KrF light sources for volume chip production. These light sources comprise the ELS-7010, ELS-7000, ELS-6010, and 5000 series.
XLR Series: The XLR Series of ArF immersion light sources comprise its XLR 600ix, XLR 600i and XLR500i models. The XLR Series is based on its dual discharge chamber master oscillator power amplifier (MOPA) light source architecture, with a regenerative ring amplifier in place of the traditional power amplifier. Built on its XL universal platform, this product series offers a step function improvement in performance and cost of operation. The companys XLR light sources are designed to enable its chipmaker customers to customize performance for specific applications through improved performance parameters and metrology options.
XLA Series: The XLA Series of ArF light sources are based on its dual-discharge chamber MOPA architecture. The master oscillator creates a narrow bandwidth beam of light at low power. The beam then is directed into the power amplifier, where the power is increased significantly while maintaining the narrow bandwidth. Each product in the XLA Series is based on the XL universal platform.
7000 Series: The 7000 Series is a series built on a common platform, enabling chipmakers to utilize the 193 nm wavelength produced by ArF and the 248 nm wavelength produced by KrF within the manufacturing environment. With a 4 kHz repetition rate and high output power, the 7000 Series provides its chipmaker customers with high wafer throughput. The companys primary selling light source of the series is the ELS-7010.
Legacy Light Source Systems: The company provides installed base products for these systems. Its legacy light source systems include its XLR 600i, XLR 500d, 6000 Series, and 5000 Series.
Emerging Light Source Systems: The companys laser-produced plasma extreme ultraviolet (EUV) source system produces 13.5 nm radiation and is intended to provide a power source for EUV lithography.
OLED Flat Panel Displays
TCZs production tool for flat panel display fabrication, the TCZ-900A, is designed to be used in the manufacture of both advanced liquid crystal displays (LCD) and next generation OLED displays, which are used in cell phones, laptops and televisions.
The TCZ crystallization system uses a 600W laser with advanced beam shaping optics to form a very narrow line focus that is 730 mm long, allowing a generation 4 size glass plate (730mm x 920mm) to be processed in a single pass.
Installed Base Products
Contracts and Service Agreements
The company provides light source system support to its customers through contracts and service agreements. Under these agreemen
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CYMER INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CYMER INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CYMER INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CYMER INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CYMER INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Cymer Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Cymer Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Cymer Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Cymer Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Cymer Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CYMER INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CYMER INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CYMER INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CYMER INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CYMER INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CYMER INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Cymer Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Cymer Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Cymer Inc. Major Shareholders
Cymer Inc. History
Cymer Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Cymer Inc. Offices and Representations
Cymer Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cymer Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Cymer Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Cymer Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Cymer Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Cymer Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Cymer Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Cymer Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Cymer Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Cymer Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Cymer Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Cymer Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?