- The report contains detailed information about Cohu, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Cohu, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Cohu, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Cohu, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Cohu, Inc. business.
About Cohu, Inc.
Cohu, Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, marketing, sales, and servicing of test handling and burn-in related equipment and thermal sub-systems for the semiconductor industry.
The companys segments include Semiconductor Equipment, Microwave Communication Systems, and Video Cameras.
This segment consists of the companys wholly owned subsidiaries, Delta Design, Inc. (Delta) and Rasco GmbH (Rasco).
Delta develops, manufactures and sells pick-and-place semiconductor test handlers, burn-in related equipment and thermal sub-systems to semiconductor manufacturers and semiconductor test subcontractors worldwide. Delta provides thermal sub-systems for use in advanced burn-in applications. These thermal sub-systems maintain and control the temperature of the integrated circuit during the burn-in testing process. The burn-in process is also used by semiconductor manufacturers to develop models of newly introduced devices.
Rasco develops, manufactures and sells gravity-feed and test-in-strip semiconductor test handling equipment used in final test operations by semiconductor manufacturers and test subcontractors.
The companys semiconductor equipment companies develop, manufacture, sell and service a line of equipment capable of handling a range of integrated circuit packages. Test handlers are electromechanical systems used to automate testing of the packaged integrated circuit in the backend of the semiconductor manufacturing process. Testers are designed to verify the performance of the integrated circuit, such as microprocessors, logic, DRAM or mixed signal devices. Handlers are engineered to thermally condition and present for testing the packages that protect the integrated circuit.
Semiconductor Equipment Products
The company offers products for the pick-and-place, gravity-feed, and strip semiconductor test handler, and burn-in markets. It sells various products in the semiconductor equipment market.
Pick-and-place: The Delta Castle is a pick-and-place test handler capable of thermally conditioning devices from -60 degrees Celsius to +160 degrees Celsius. The Castle can position from one to nine devices for testing. Its large thermal soak chamber provides a continuous flow of thermally conditioned devices to the test site allowing the handler to process parts at high speed when running at temperature. The Castle incorporates a vertical tray storage system that saves space on the test floor by minimizing the handlers footprint.
The Delta EDGE is a pick-and-place handler that combines a design with a small footprint and index time (processing speed of the contactor placement mechanism). The EDGE handler is designed to meet the needs of integrated circuit manufacturers and subcontractors who test at ambient and hot temperatures.
The Delta MATRiX is a pick-and-place handler capable of thermally conditioning devices from -60 degrees Celsius to +175 degrees Celsius. Deltas Summit series of pick-and-place thermal handlers are designed to meet the requirements of manufacturers of microprocessors, graphic processors and other high speed, high power integrated circuits. The Summit handlers incorporate Deltas proprietary thermal control technology. The Summit PTC, or Passive Thermal Control, and ATC, or Active Thermal Control, models dissipate the heat generated during test enabling the integrated circuit to be tested successfully at its maximum speed and performance.
The Delta Pyramid is the next generation thermal handler providing high throughput/high parallel test capabilities for microprocessors and graphics processing units. The system is highly configurable and is capable of adapting to various customer requirements ranging from small netbook microprocessor testing up to server product testing.
Rascos SO1x00 is a high throughput gravity-feed platform that provides a solution for testing up to 8 devices in parallel. These handlers can be configured for tube-to-tube or metal magazine input and output, and ambient-hot or tri-temperature testing. These handlers are kit-able for a range of integrated circuit (IC) packages.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. COHU, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. COHU, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. COHU, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. COHU, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. COHU, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Cohu, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Cohu, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Cohu, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Cohu, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Cohu, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. COHU, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. COHU, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. COHU, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. COHU, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. COHU, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. COHU, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Cohu, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Cohu, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Cohu, Inc. Major Shareholders
Cohu, Inc. History
Cohu, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Cohu, Inc. Offices and Representations
Cohu, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cohu, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Cohu, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Cohu, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Cohu, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Cohu, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Cohu, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Cohu, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Cohu, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Cohu, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Cohu, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Cohu, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?