- The report contains detailed information about Avago Technologies Limited that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Avago Technologies Limited. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Avago Technologies Limited financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Avago Technologies Limited competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Avago Technologies Limited business.
About Avago Technologies Limited
Avago Technologies Limited designs, develops, and supplies analog semiconductor devices with a focus on III-V based products.
The companys product portfolio includes approximately 6,500 products that it sells into four primary target markets: wireless communications, wired infrastructure, industrial and automotive electronics, and consumer and computing peripherals. Applications for its products in these target markets include cellular phones, consumer appliances, data networking and telecommunications equipment, enterprise storage and servers, renewable energy and smart power grid applications, factory automation, displays, optical mice, and printers.
Markets and Products
The company supports the wireless industry with various radio frequency (RF) semiconductor devices, including monolithic microwave integrated circuit filters and duplexers using its proprietary film bulk acoustic resonator (FBAR) technology, front end modules that incorporate multiple die into multi-function RF devices, diodes, and discrete transistors. Its proprietary gallium arsenide (GaAs) processes are critical to the production of power amplifier (PA) and low noise amplifier products. The company has also developed optical finger navigation (OFN) device, which replaces a mechanical trackball on certain high-end mobile phones. In addition to RF devices and OFN, the company provides various optoelectronic sensors for mobile handset applications. It also supplies light emitting diodes (LEDs) for camera-phone flashes and for backlighting applications in mobile handset keypads, as well as sensors for backlighting control.
In the storage and Ethernet networking markets, the company supplies transceivers, which receive and transmit information along optical fibers. It provides a range of product bandwidth options for customers, including options ranging from 125 megabyte data (MBd) Fast Ethernet transmitters and receivers to 10 gigabit transceivers. The company supplies parallel optic transceivers with approximately 12 parallel channels for core routing and server applications. For enterprise networking and server input/output (I/O) applications, the company also supplies high speed serializer/deserializer (SerDes) products integrated into application specific integrated circuits (ASICs).
Industrial and Automotive Electronics
The company provides various products for the general industrial, automotive, and consumer appliance markets. It offers optical isolators, or optocouplers, which provide electrical insulation and signal isolation for signaling systems that are susceptible to electrical noise or interference. Optocouplers are used in a set of applications, including industrial motors, automotive systems, including those used in hybrid engines, power generation and distribution systems, switching power supplies, motion sensors, telecommunications equipment, consumer appliances, computers and office equipment, plasma displays, and military electronics. For industrial motors and robotic motion control, the company supplies optical encoders, as well as integrated circuits, or ICs, for the controller and decoder functions. For electronic signs and signals, it supplies LED assemblies that offer high brightness and stable light output enabling the company to support traffic signals, large commercial signs, and other displays. For industrial networking, the company provides fast Ethernet transceivers using plastic optical fiber that enable quick and interoperable networking and factory automation.
Consumer and Computing Peripherals
The company manufactures motion control encoders that control the paper feed and print head movement in printers and other office automation products. It has developed image sensors for optical mouse applications, using LEDs and complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) image sensors to create a subsystem that can detect motion over an arbitrary desktop surface. The company supplies image sensors for optical mice and has launched a new line of laser-based mouse products with improved precision. Displays, especially in notebook computer applications, use its products for LED backlighting and its sensors to control display brightness based on ambient light conditions.
Wireless Communications: The company's customers in this market include LG Electronics Inc.; Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.; and Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Wired Infrastructure: The company's customers in this market include Brocade Communications Systems, Inc.; Cisco Systems Inc.; Hewlett-Packard Company; International Business Machines Corp.; and Juniper Networks Inc.
Industrial and Automotive Electronics: The company's customers in this market include ABB Ltd.; Schneider Electric; and Siemens AG.
Consumer and Computing Peripherals: The company's customers in this market include Hewlett-Packard Company; Logitech International S.A.; and Primax Electronics Ltd.
The companys primary competitors in the wireless communications target market are Anadigics, Inc.; Hittite Microwave Corporation; RF Micro Devices, Inc.; Skyworks Solutions, Inc.; and TriQuint Semiconductor, Inc.
The companys primary competitors in the wired infrastructure target market are Finisar Corporation; International Business Machines Corp. Microelectronics Division; LSI Corporation; ST Microelectronics N.V.; and Texas Instruments Incorporated.
The companys primary competitors in the industrial and automotive electronics target market are Analog Devices, Inc.; Heidenhain Corporation; NEC Electronics Corporation; and Toshiba Corporation.
The companys primary competitors in the consumer and computing peripherals target market are Pixart Imaging Inc. and Sharp Corporation.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Avago Technologies Limited Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Avago Technologies Limited and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Avago Technologies Limited and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Avago Technologies Limited Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Avago Technologies Limited Industry Position Analysis
6. AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SINGAPORE PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Avago Technologies Limited Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Avago Technologies Limited Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Avago Technologies Limited Major Shareholders
Avago Technologies Limited History
Avago Technologies Limited Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Avago Technologies Limited Offices and Representations
Avago Technologies Limited SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Avago Technologies Limited Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Avago Technologies Limited Capital Market Snapshot
Avago Technologies Limited Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Avago Technologies Limited Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Avago Technologies Limited Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Avago Technologies Limited Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Avago Technologies Limited 1-year Stock Charts
Avago Technologies Limited 5-year Stock Charts
Avago Technologies Limited vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Avago Technologies Limited vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Avago Technologies Limited Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?