- The report contains detailed information about AuthenTec, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for AuthenTec, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The AuthenTec, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes AuthenTec, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of AuthenTec, Inc. business.
About AuthenTec, Inc.
AuthenTec, Inc. provides security, identity management, and touch control technologies for PC, wireless device, and information technology markets.
The company provides a series of products, including fingerprint sensors, software and intellectual property (IP) cores that provide security, convenience, personalization and navigation features in such end products as PCs, cell phones, printers, network servers and other products.
The company designs, develops, and sells mixed-signal fingerprint sensor semiconductors primarily used in the PC and wireless device markets. It offers a range of fingerprint sensors that enable users to access and control multiple functions on an electronic device by touching or sliding their finger across the sensor. The companys fingerprint sensors utilize information in fingerprints to verify both the identity of the individual, as well as individual fingers on the same person. Its solutions capture an image of the fingerprint, extract information from it and save it as a template, a mathematical representation of the fingerprint image.
The companys products are used in a range of PC products and related peripherals including laptops, desktops, memory keys, hard drives, keyboards, mice, and other devices. Its products have also been integrated into various wireless devices, including mobile phones, PDAs and personal navigation devices (PNDs), as well as access control devices, such as door locks, time and attendance devices and remote wireless entry keys.
The company offers a client-level solution to its customers, including the sensors, matching algorithms and device level software (device drivers, algorithms and applications programming interfaces) and PC client applications, along with a set of documentation and application support. In addition to internally developed software included in its products, the company supports third-party software vendors whose products interact with its sensor products.
PCs The AES4000, AES3400, AES2501, AES2810, AES2550, AES1610, and AES1660 series of touch and swipe sensors are designed for integration into laptops and netbooks, desktops PCs and PC peripherals. These devices enable both security and convenience features and can be found in products sold into the business and consumer markets.
In 2009, the company released the AES1660, its smart sensor for the PC market. The AES1660 offers the expanded functionality, biometric performance, low-power consumption, multiple packaging and form factor options, and low bill of materials (BOM) cost needed for integration into upcoming consumer notebooks and netbooks. This 128-pixel wide sensor incorporates LED drivers for enhanced PC user feedback, including programmable alerts and notifications. In early 2010, the company introduced an additional smart sensor (the AES2660) for the PC market.
Wireless Devices The companys AES2510, AES1510, AES1710, AES1711, and AES1750 families of swipe sensors are designed for integration into mobile phones and other wireless communications devices.
In early 2010, the company introduced the AES1750 smart sensor for the wireless device market. AES1750 offers various fingerprint-enabled convenience, control, security and personalization functions in an ultra-thin, easy-to-integrate device.
Access Control The companys AFS2 and AFS8600 series of sensors are designed for integration into a range of access control applications, including physical access control systems and time and attendance devices. These touch sensors can be used in applications that provide secure physical access control in corporate and home environments.
Other markets for the companys security, identity management and touch control solutions include Personal Navigation Devices (PNDs), game systems, remote controls, digital cameras, and other consumer electronics.
The company sells its products, either directly or through distributors, to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), original design manufacturers (ODMs) and contract manufacturers. Its customers include Acer, Inc., ASUSTeK Computer, Inc., Fujitsu Ltd., Dell Inc., Hewlett-Packard Company, Lenovo Group Limited, Toshiba Corporation, LG Electronics Inc., Medion, Microsoft, High Tech Computer Corp., Edom Technology Co., Ltd., Richpower Electronic Devices, Lenovo (Singapore) Pte., Ltd., and Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
The companys principal competitors include private companies focused on the fingerprint sensor market such as EgisTec Inc., UPEK, Inc. (UPEK), and Validity Sensors, Inc.
AuthenTec, Inc. was founded in 1998.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AUTHENTEC, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AUTHENTEC, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AUTHENTEC, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AUTHENTEC, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AUTHENTEC, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. AuthenTec, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of AuthenTec, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of AuthenTec, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. AuthenTec, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. AuthenTec, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. AUTHENTEC, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AUTHENTEC, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AUTHENTEC, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AUTHENTEC, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AUTHENTEC, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AUTHENTEC, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
AuthenTec, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
AuthenTec, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
AuthenTec, Inc. Major Shareholders
AuthenTec, Inc. History
AuthenTec, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
AuthenTec, Inc. Offices and Representations
AuthenTec, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
AuthenTec, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
AuthenTec, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
AuthenTec, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
AuthenTec, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
AuthenTec, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
AuthenTec, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
AuthenTec, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
AuthenTec, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
AuthenTec, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
AuthenTec, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
AuthenTec, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?