- The report contains detailed information about Atmel Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Atmel Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Atmel Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Atmel Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Atmel Corporation business.
About Atmel Corporation
Atmel Corporation engages in the design, development, manufacture, and sale of a range of semiconductor integrated circuit (IC) products and capacitive touch solutions, including microcontrollers, advanced logic, mixed-signal, nonvolatile memory, and radio frequency (RF) components.
The company supplies its customers complete system solutions, with emphasis on solutions incorporating microcontrollers. These complex system-on-a-chip solutions are manufactured using its process technologies, including complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS), double-diffused metal oxide semiconductor (DMOS), logic, CMOS logic, bipolar, bipolar CMOS (BiCMOS), silicon germanium (SiGe), SiGe BiCMOS, analog, bipolar double diffused CMOS and radiation tolerant process technologies.
Microcontrollers segment includes various proprietary and standard microcontrollers, the majority of which contain embedded nonvolatile memory, integrated analog peripherals and capacitive touch sensing libraries. This segment also includes products with military and aerospace applications. In March 2008, the company acquired Quantum Research Group Ltd. (Quantum), a supplier of capacitive sensing IP solutions.
Nonvolatile Memories segment consists of serial interface electrically erasable programmable read-only memory (SEEPROM) and serial interface Flash memory products. This segment also includes parallel interface Flash memories, as well as mature parallel interface electrically erasable programmable read-only memory (EEPROM) and erasable programmable read-only memory (EPROM) devices. This segment also includes products with military and aerospace applications.
Radio Frequency (RF) and Automotive segment includes products designed for the automotive industry. This segment produces and sells wireless and wired devices for industrial, consumer, and automotive applications and it also provides foundry services which produce radio frequency products for the mobile telecommunications market.
Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) segment includes customer and application specific integrated circuits designed to meet specialized single-customer requirements for their devices in various of specific applications. This segment also encompasses a range of products which provide security for digital data transactions, including smart cards for mobile phones, set top boxes, banking and national identity cards. The company also develops application specific standard products (ASSP) for space applications, power management and secure crypto memory products.
The companys products consist primarily of microcontrollers, advanced logic, mixed-signal, nonvolatile memory, radio frequency, and system-level integration semiconductor solutions.
The companys product portfolio has four major Flash based microcontroller architectures targeted at the high volume embedded control market: its proprietary 8-bit and 32-bit AVR platforms, its embedded 32-bit ARM-based product family, and older 8051 8-bit based microcontroller products.
Embedded control systems incorporate a microcontroller as the principal active component. A microcontroller is a self-contained computer-on-a-chip consisting of a CPU, non-volatile program memory (Flash and EEPROM), random access memory (RAM) for data storage and various input/output peripheral capabilities. In addition to the microcontroller, an embedded control system incorporates application-specific software and may include specialized peripheral device controllers and internal or external non-volatile memory components, such as Flash and EEPROMs, to store additional program software and various analog and interface products.
Atmel AVR: The companys microcontroller product offering is based on the 8-bit AVR architecture. The tinyAVR, megaAVR, XMEGA AVR, AVR Wireless products, AVR USB products, AVR Smart Battery products and the AVR Touch User Interface products are all product families using the AVR 8-bit RISC CPU which allow customers to minimize power consumption while obtaining maximum performance. The company offers approximately 100 different products in the AVR family
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ATMEL CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ATMEL CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ATMEL CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ATMEL CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ATMEL CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Atmel Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Atmel Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Atmel Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Atmel Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Atmel Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. ATMEL CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ATMEL CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ATMEL CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ATMEL CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ATMEL CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ATMEL CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Atmel Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Atmel Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Atmel Corporation Major Shareholders
Atmel Corporation History
Atmel Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Atmel Corporation Offices and Representations
Atmel Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Atmel Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Atmel Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Atmel Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Atmel Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Atmel Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Atmel Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Atmel Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Atmel Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Atmel Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Atmel Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Atmel Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?