- The report contains detailed information about ASM International NV that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for ASM International NV. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The ASM International NV financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes ASM International NV competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of ASM International NV business.
About ASM International NV
ASM International N.V. engages in the design, manufacture and sale of equipment and services to customers for the production of semiconductor devices, or integrated circuits.
The company is active in the wafer processing, and assembly and packaging market segments. The wafer processing segment is referred to as front-end and assembly and packaging is referred to as back-end.
The companys front-end operations are conducted through wholly owned subsidiaries, the significant being ASM Europe B.V. (ASM Europe), located in the Netherlands; ASM America, Inc. (ASM America), located in the United States; ASM Japan K.K. (ASM Japan), located in Japan; and ASM Front-End Manufacturing Singapore Pte Ltd. (FEMS), located in Singapore.
The companys back-end operations are conducted through its majority-owned subsidiary, ASM Pacific Technology Ltd. (ASM Pacific Technology), with principal operations in Hong Kong, the Peoples Republic of China, Singapore, and Malaysia. As of December 31, 2009, the company owned 52.59% of ASM Pacific Technology.
FRONT-END SEGMENT PRODUCTS
The companys front-end segment products come from various product platforms, with each platform designed to host and enable specified process technologies. The products in each product platform are linked through common technology elements of the platform.
Front-end Segments Product Platforms
Advance 400: The Advance 400 is the companys Vertical Furnace, batch processing platform. Products built on this product platform are used for diffusion, oxidation, Low Pressure Chemical Vapor Deposition (LPCVD) and atomic layer deposition (ALD). The product platform is used in various manufacturing steps, from the production of silicon wafers to the final anneal in interconnect. The A400 is a system for 150 and 200mm wafers, and the A412 is a 300mm wafers. The A412 systems feature two reactors above a rotating carousel, a dual-boat concept, and a range of process applications with load sizes up to 150 wafers in a single run. In this series, it also offers the A412 SmartBatch, featuring a load size of 1 to 50 wafers, and the A4ALD, for atomic layer deposition of dielectrics, targeted mainly for high volume applications of its memory customers.
Eagle: The Eagle is the companys single-wafer plasma processing platform. The basic Eagle 10 systems for 150 and 200mm wafers, the Eagle 12 and Dragon 2300 are systems for 300mm wafers. The Eagle 10 and the Dragon 2300 have 2 PECVD reactors and the Eagle 12 has three PECVD reactors. The processes available on the Eagle product platform include insulators (such as silicon oxide, silicon nitride, silicon oxi-nitride), Aurora low-k dielectrics for interconnect applications, as well as hardmask and antireflection layers that aid in the lithography of very fine features.
Eagle XP: The Eagle XP has four PECVD reactors. Substantially all processes on the Eagle 12 and Dragon are or would be available on the Eagle XP. The Eagle XP is transitioning from a platform for PECVD to a common high volume platform for all 300mm single wafer processing in its addressed markets. The Eagle XP would also enable integration of sequential process steps on one platform.
Epsilon: The Epsilon is the companys platform for single wafer epitaxy. The Epsilon product platform offers a range of epitaxy products and materials for various applications, ranging from high temperature silicon used in silicon starting material manufacturing, to low temperature, selective or non-selective silicon germanium (SiGe) and silicon germanium carbon (SiGeC) used in CMOS devices and silicon germanium carbon (SiGeC) used in bipolar devices. The Epsilon 2000 is a single wafer, single reactor system for 150mm and 200mm wafers. The Epsilon 3200 is a single wafer, single reactor system for 300mm wafers.
Polygon: The Polygon is a single wafer atomic layer deposition platform. It features a six-sided central vacuum handler, capable of hosting up to four reactors. Products built on this product platform are being used in ALD high-k gate dielectrics logic, metal-insulator-metal capacitors for system on a chip applications, and magnetic head gap
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ASM INTERNATIONAL NV COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ASM INTERNATIONAL NV BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ASM INTERNATIONAL NV SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ASM INTERNATIONAL NV FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ASM INTERNATIONAL NV COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. ASM International NV Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of ASM International NV and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of ASM International NV and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. ASM International NV Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. ASM International NV Industry Position Analysis
6. ASM INTERNATIONAL NV NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ASM INTERNATIONAL NV EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ASM INTERNATIONAL NV ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. NETHERLANDS PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ASM INTERNATIONAL NV IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ASM INTERNATIONAL NV PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ASM INTERNATIONAL NV VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
ASM International NV Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
ASM International NV Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
ASM International NV Major Shareholders
ASM International NV History
ASM International NV Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
ASM International NV Offices and Representations
ASM International NV SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
ASM International NV Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
ASM International NV Capital Market Snapshot
ASM International NV Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
ASM International NV Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
ASM International NV Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
ASM International NV Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
ASM International NV 1-year Stock Charts
ASM International NV 5-year Stock Charts
ASM International NV vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
ASM International NV vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
ASM International NV Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?