- The report contains detailed information about Amtech Systems Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Amtech Systems Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Amtech Systems Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Amtech Systems Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Amtech Systems Inc. business.
About Amtech Systems Inc.
Amtech Systems, Inc. engages in the design, assembly, sale, and installation of capital equipment and related consumables used in the manufacture of wafers, primarily for the solar and semiconductor industries. The company sells these products to manufacturers of solar cells, silicon wafers, and semiconductors worldwide, particularly in the Asia, the United States, and northern Europe.
The company supplies horizontal diffusion furnace systems used for solar (photovoltaic) cell and semiconductor manufacturing. Its customers use its furnaces to manufacture solar cells, semiconductors, silicon wafers, and microelectromechanical systems (MEMS), which are used in end markets, such as solar power, telecommunications, consumer electronics, computers, automotive, and hand-held devices. It also sells its furnaces to research institutes and universities. Its customers include solar cell manufacturing companies, as well as semiconductor and wafer manufacturing companies.
The company operates in two business segments, Solar and Semiconductor Equipment; and Polishing Supplies.
Solar and Semiconductor Equipment Segment Products
The companys furnace and automation equipment is manufactured in its facilities in the Netherlands, France, and Massachusetts.
Horizontal Diffusion Furnaces: Through its subsidiaries, Tempress Systems, Inc. (Tempress) and Bruce Technologies, Inc., the company produces and sells horizontal diffusion furnaces. The companys horizontal furnaces address various steps in the semiconductor manufacturing process, including diffusion, phosphorus tetrachloride doping (POCl3), low-pressure chemical vapor deposition (LPCVD), and annealing. The companys horizontal furnaces also address diffusion and applying antireflective coating in the solar cell manufacturing process.
The companys horizontal furnaces generally consist of three large modules: the load station where the loading of the wafers occurs; the furnace section, which comprises one to four reactor chambers; and the gas distribution cabinet where the flow of gases into the reactor chambers is controlled, and often customized to meet the requirements of a customers particular processes.
PSG Dry Etch: The PSG dry etch process step in the manufacturing of solar cells removes phosphorus silicate glass (PSG) that naturally occurs during the diffusion process.
Automation Products Solar: The companys automation technology products are used in various semiconductor manufacturing steps and the diffusion processing step in solar cell manufacturing. Its automation equipment includes mass wafer transfer systems, sorters, long-boat transfer systems, load station elevators, buffers, and conveyers. The company uses a vacuum technology for its solar wafer transfer systems designed to offer high throughput.
Plasma-Enhanced Chemical Vapor Deposition (PECVD): The companys new solar PECVD product applies an anti-reflective coating to solar wafers; a coating critical to the solar cells. This solar product adds another solar cell processing step to the companys offerings.
Automation Products Semiconductor
S-300: The companys patented S-300 model provides a method of automatically transporting a batch of approximately 300 wafers to the designated tube level and automatically placing them directly onto the cantilever loader of a diffusion furnace at one time. This product is suitable for the production of various semiconductors manufactured using a horizontal furnace. The S-300 can be used in conjunction with various wafer sizes and is particularly suited for manufacturers of 300mm wafers.
Comet: The companys Comet and Gemini series of wafer transfer systems include a range of throughputs and footprints to serve the needs of its customers who serve the semiconductor industry. Comet Sorter with Optical Character Recognition (OCR) is used in sorting, randomizing, or compacting. The Comet Sorter is a cassette to cassette with OCR front and back scribe functions, notch alignment, and SECSII communication. Comet ID Reader checks tag carriers then reads each wafer scribe. The Comet ID Reader sends the information to the host with SECSI
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AMTECH SYSTEMS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AMTECH SYSTEMS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AMTECH SYSTEMS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AMTECH SYSTEMS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AMTECH SYSTEMS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Amtech Systems Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Amtech Systems Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Amtech Systems Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Amtech Systems Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Semiconductors Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Amtech Systems Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. AMTECH SYSTEMS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AMTECH SYSTEMS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AMTECH SYSTEMS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AMTECH SYSTEMS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AMTECH SYSTEMS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AMTECH SYSTEMS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Amtech Systems Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Amtech Systems Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Amtech Systems Inc. Major Shareholders
Amtech Systems Inc. History
Amtech Systems Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Amtech Systems Inc. Offices and Representations
Amtech Systems Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Amtech Systems Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Amtech Systems Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Amtech Systems Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Semiconductors Industry Statistics
Amtech Systems Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Amtech Systems Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Amtech Systems Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Amtech Systems Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Amtech Systems Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Amtech Systems Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Amtech Systems Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Amtech Systems Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?