- The report contains detailed information about Young Broadcasting, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Young Broadcasting, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Young Broadcasting, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Young Broadcasting, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Young Broadcasting, Inc. business.
About Young Broadcasting, Inc.
Young Broadcasting Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the ownership and operation of television stations in the United States. As of December 31, 2008, it owned and operated 10 television stations, of which 5 are affiliated with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., 3 are affiliated with CBS Inc., 1 is affiliated with National Broadcasting Company, Inc., and 1 is affiliated with MyNetworkTV.
On February 13, 2009, Young Broadcasting, Inc., along with its affiliates, filed a voluntary petition for reorganization under Chapter 11 in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, Manhattan.
One station is located in the West region (KRON-San Francisco, California), four stations are located in the Midwest region (WBAY-Green Bay, Wisconsin, KWQC-Quad Cities, KELO-Sioux Falls, South Dakota and WLNS-Lansing, Michigan), four stations are located in the Southeast region (WKRN-Nashville, Tennessee, WRIC-Richmond, Virginia, WATE-Knoxville, Tennessee, and KLFY-Lafayette, Louisiana), and one station is located in the Northeast region (WTEN-Albany, New York).
WKRN, Nashville, Tennessee: It is affiliated with ABC. The station is home to the Tennessee Titans pre-season games and coach's show. WKRN is also the Nashville station for the Tennessee Lottery, hosting three to four daily drawings.
WTEN, Albany, New York: It is affiliated with ABC. WTEN broadcasts news.
WATE, Knoxville, Tennessee: It is affiliated with ABC. The station is a research-focused and delivers on its mission to provide hard news, investigative reporting and breaking news, each and every day. The station's syndicated programming includes Oprah, Judge Judy, Inside Edition, The Insider and Rachel Ray.
WRIC, Richmond, Virginia: It is affiliated with ABC. WRIC produces 28.5 hours of local news per week in addition to ABC network and syndicated programming. WRIC has made significant investments in its local news programs, including installation of a news automation system, non-linear news editing software and new field cameras.
WBAY, Green Bay, Wisconsin: It is affiliated with ABC. The station's syndicated programming includes Martha Stewart Show, Dr. Phil, Millionaire, The Insider and Sex and the City. The station also produces a local football show called Tuesday Night Touchback, which is broadcast live every week during the season.
KWQC, Quad Cities: It is affiliated with NBC. The station's syndicated programming includes Millionaire, Rachel Ray, Jeopardy, and Wheel of Fortune. KWQC also broadcasts a 24-hour local weather channel KWQC-TV6 First Alert 24/7. The station is involved in community service initiatives, including Davenport One, Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center, Race for the Cure, Junior Achievement, American Cancer Society, American Heart Society, March of Dimes, Student Food Drive, and Toys for Tots. Additionally, KWQC televises a running event, the annual Bix7 Race, and the Festival of Trees Parade.
WLNS, Lansing, Michigan: It is affiliated with the CBS Network. WLNS works with Big Brothers and Big Sisters, Boys and Girls Club, Angel House, Highfields, Junior Achievement, Susan G. Komen Foundation, MS Society of Michigan, American Heart Association, March of Dime's, American Lung Association, MSU's Safe Place, Children's Trust Fund, Families of Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Ronald McDonald House of mid-Michigan, St. Jude Children's Research HospitalDream Home Giveaway, African American Cultural Heritage Association, Potter Park Zoo, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Volunteers of America, Alzheimer's Association, Salvation Army, YMCA and others.
KELO, Sioux Falls, South Dakota: It is affiliated with CBS. KELO broadcasts news and local programming.
KLFY, Lafayette, Louisiana: It is affiliated with CBS. KLFY offers local news and community-related broadcasts.
KRON, San Francisco, California: KRON is a VHF television station in the San Francisco Bay Area. KRON produces local programs and coverage of local events.
Young Broadcasting, Inc. was founded in 1986.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. YOUNG BROADCASTING, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. YOUNG BROADCASTING, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. YOUNG BROADCASTING, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. YOUNG BROADCASTING, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. YOUNG BROADCASTING, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Young Broadcasting, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Young Broadcasting, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Young Broadcasting, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Young Broadcasting, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Young Broadcasting, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. YOUNG BROADCASTING, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. YOUNG BROADCASTING, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. YOUNG BROADCASTING, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. YOUNG BROADCASTING, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. YOUNG BROADCASTING, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. YOUNG BROADCASTING, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Young Broadcasting, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Young Broadcasting, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Young Broadcasting, Inc. Major Shareholders
Young Broadcasting, Inc. History
Young Broadcasting, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Young Broadcasting, Inc. Offices and Representations
Young Broadcasting, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Young Broadcasting, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Young Broadcasting, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Young Broadcasting, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Young Broadcasting, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Young Broadcasting, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Young Broadcasting, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Young Broadcasting, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Young Broadcasting, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Young Broadcasting, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Young Broadcasting, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Young Broadcasting, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?