- The report contains detailed information about Yellow Media Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Yellow Media Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Yellow Media Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Yellow Media Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Yellow Media Inc. business.
About Yellow Media Inc.
Yellow Pages Income Fund operates as an open-ended, limited purpose trust in Canada. The company, through its wholly owned trust, YPG Trust, invests in partnership units of YPG LP; and shares of YPG General Partner, Inc. (YPG GP), the general partner of YPG LP. YPG LP, through subsidiaries, operates print and online directories and classified advertising primarily in the Provinces of Canada.
The company operates under two segments: Directories and Vertical Media.
The Directories segment operates in print and online directories, and specialized publications. The company operates as a directories publisher and the owner of the Yellow Pages, Pages Jaunes Walking Fingers & Design and Canada411 trademarks in Canada.
The company publishes annually approximately 340 different telephone directories with a total circulation of approximately 30 million copies. It also operates print community directories under the Community Phonebook brand name in selected Mid-Atlantic and Southeast American markets.
The company operates as an official publisher of directories for Bell Canada (Bell), TELUS Communications Inc. (TELUS), Bell Aliant Regional Communications LP (Bell Aliant), MTS Allstream Inc. and for various other incumbent telephone companies. It also operates the major online directories in Canada, including YellowPages.ca, Canada411.ca, as well as the CanadaPlus.ca group of city sites. This online presence allows the company to package print and online advertising products and offer them on a national basis. Its directories are delivered into household and business in its markets, and are available online and through various digital options.
The Vertical Media segment operates in the vertical print publications and Websites by topic or area of interest. The company operates in Vertical Media through Trader Corporation. Trader has approximately 160 publications and 20 Websites covering 4 main product verticals: automotive, real estate, employment, and generalist. Trader is home to such print brands as Auto Trader, Auto HebdoMC, The Bargain Finder, Home Renters Guide, Renters News, and Buy & Sell. Online, Trader owns Internet destinations such as www.autotrader.ca, www.autohebdo.net, www.homebase.ca, www.visitenet.com, www.buysell.com and lesPAC.com.
In 2008, the company acquired the directory assets of Volt Information Sciences, Inc. as well as its directory publishing operations (collectively Volt), which provides systems and services for the production and management of databases, as well as the digitization of display advertisements for directory and other media publishers. In addition, Volt was a publisher of independent directories in selected Mid-Atlantic and Southeast American markets. The company operated print community directories under the Community Phonebook brand name.
In 2008, the company acquired Get It Pages, an independent publisher of four directories and a circulation of 134,000 copies. The print directory titles are Melville/Yorkton, Estevan/Weyburn, Prince Albert and North Battleford.
In January 2009, Trader announced a strategic agreement with Burlington, Vermont-based Dealer.com, a provider of online marketing solutions to the vehicle industry. The long-term, commercial agreement would make Dealer.coms Web solutions available to Traders customer base in Canada served under its AutoTrader brand. Dealer.com has a client base of approximately 8,000 dealers, representing one-third of the new car dealerships in the Unites States.
Yellow Pages Income Fund was founded in 2000.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. YELLOW MEDIA INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. YELLOW MEDIA INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. YELLOW MEDIA INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. YELLOW MEDIA INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. YELLOW MEDIA INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Yellow Media Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Yellow Media Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Yellow Media Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Yellow Media Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Yellow Media Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. YELLOW MEDIA INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. YELLOW MEDIA INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. YELLOW MEDIA INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. YELLOW MEDIA INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. YELLOW MEDIA INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. YELLOW MEDIA INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Yellow Media Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Yellow Media Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Yellow Media Inc. Major Shareholders
Yellow Media Inc. History
Yellow Media Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Yellow Media Inc. Offices and Representations
Yellow Media Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yellow Media Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Yellow Media Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Yellow Media Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Yellow Media Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Yellow Media Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Yellow Media Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Yellow Media Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Yellow Media Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Yellow Media Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Yellow Media Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Yellow Media Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?