- The report contains detailed information about WPP plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for WPP plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The WPP plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes WPP plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of WPP plc business.
About WPP plc
WPP plc provides communications services on a national, multinational, and global basis. The company operates in 107 countries.
The company organizes its businesses in the following areas: Advertising and Media Investment Management; Consumer Insight; Public Relations and Public Affairs; and Branding and Identity, Healthcare, and Specialist Communications (including direct, digital, promotion, and relationship marketing).
ADVERTISING AND MEDIA INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT
The principal functions of an advertising agency are the planning and creation of marketing and branding campaigns and the design and production of advertisements for various types of media, such as television, cable, the Internet, radio, magazines, newspapers and outdoor locations, such as billboards.
The companys principal advertising agencies include Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide, JWT Group, Inc. (JWT), Y&R, Grey Global Group, Inc. (Grey), United Network, and Bates 141. It also owns interests in Asatsu-DK Inc. (24.3%); CHI & Partners Limited (49.9%); GIIR, Inc (20.0%), and The Jupiter Drawing Room & Partners (49.0%).
Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide: Ogilvy & Mather is a full-service multinational advertising agency. Ogilvy & Mather offers an integrated service offering known as 360 Degree Brand Stewardship, a business platform that enables Ogilvy & Mather to integrate its range of disciplines which include OgilvyAction, Ogilvys brand activation company, Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide, and Ogilvy Healthword. Ogilvy also brought digital and direct media back into their operations as Neo@Ogilvy.
JWT: JWT is a full service multinational advertising agency in New York.
Y&R: Y&R, a full-service multinational advertising agency network in New York It is part of a collaborative, multidisciplinary model under Young & Rubicam Brands. Y&Rs clients also benefit from Y&Rs investment in its proprietary brand management tool, BrandAsset Valuator.
Grey: Grey Advertising Inc. has offices in approximately 96 countries.
United Network: The United Network group includes Senora Rushmore United, Madrid; Berlin Cameron United, New York; Cole & Weber United, Seattle; 1861 United, Milan; LDV United, Antwerp; BTS United, Oslo; and Les Ouvriers du Paradis United, Paris.
Bates 141 is an Asia-dedicated advertising and brand activation network.
Media Investment Management
GroupM is WPPs global media investment management operation, serving as the parent company to agencies, including MediaCom, MEC, Mindshare, and Maxus. With its agencies, GroupM has capabilities in business science, consumer insight, communications and media planning implementation, interactions, content development, and sports and entertainment marketing.
MediaCom: MediaCom, as part of WPP, is able to work together with sister media agencies, developing synergies in relevant professional areas.
MEC: MEC, in addition to its media planning and implementation capability, has established its operations in interaction (digital, direct & search), entertainment marketing, sports, sponsorship and event marketing, cause-related marketing, content development, return on investment (ROI) and consumer insights, and is developing a retail marketing practice.
Mindshare: Mindshare focuses on the areas of communications planning, content, insights, digital, and ROI.
Maxus: Maxus is a global communications consultancy that helps marketers build interactive relationships between consumers and their brands.
To help optimize its worldwide research offering to clients, the companys separate global research and strategic marketing consultancy businesses are managed on a centralized basis under the umbrella of the Kantar Group. The principal interests comprising the Kantar Group are:
Taylor Nelson Sofres plc (TNS): TNS is a custom research company specializes in a range of business sectors and areas of marketplace information, including strategic market studies, brand positioning and equity research, customer satisfaction surveys, product development, international research, and advanced modeling.
In addition, following the acquisition of TN
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WPP PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WPP PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WPP PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WPP PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WPP PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. WPP plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of WPP plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of WPP plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. WPP plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. WPP plc Industry Position Analysis
6. WPP PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WPP PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WPP PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. IRELAND PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WPP PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WPP PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WPP PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
WPP plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
WPP plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
WPP plc Major Shareholders
WPP plc History
WPP plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
WPP plc Offices and Representations
WPP plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
WPP plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
WPP plc Capital Market Snapshot
WPP plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
WPP plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
WPP plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
WPP plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
WPP plc 1-year Stock Charts
WPP plc 5-year Stock Charts
WPP plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
WPP plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
WPP plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?