- The report contains detailed information about Wolters Kluwer NV that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Wolters Kluwer NV. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Wolters Kluwer NV financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Wolters Kluwer NV competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Wolters Kluwer NV business.
About Wolters Kluwer NV
Wolters Kluwer nv operates as a global information services and publishing company. The company provides products and services for professionals in the health, tax, accounting, corporate, financial services, legal, and regulatory sectors.
Wolters Kluwer Health provides information and business intelligence for healthcare professionals, serving physicians, nurses, allied health professionals, pharmacists, academics, payers, and the life sciences with solutions for research and development, at the point-of-learning, the point-of-dispensing, and the point-of-care. Health has customers worldwide and operations in North America, Europe, the Asia Pacific, and Latin America.
The division is organized into four market-centered business units Pharma Solutions, Medical Research, Professional and Education, and Clinical Solutions.
Pharma Solutions: Pharma Solutions provides a range of data and analytic capabilities, marketing and publication services, business intelligence products, and diversified consulting services to support life science professionals and the pharmaceutical industry, from drug discovery through distribution, as well as government agencies and other healthcare sectors. The unit focuses on the development of business solutions with the introduction of Formulary Facts, an automated, Web-based analytics tool designed to help pharmaceutical companies better conduct their managed care business with real-time analytic tools for claims data, providing a real-world view of how drugs are performing in the managed care marketplace.
Medical Research: Medical Research offers research solutions for academic, medical, and scientific researchers through its Ovid online suite of information and tools. The business introduced Ovid Universal Search, a cross-platform search solution that allows users to search across multiple platforms to access relevant content regardless of whether the source is available on OvidSP, the open web, or other subscription platforms.
The unit also broadened its offerings in the nursing profession with the launch of Nursing@Ovid, a deep vertical search designed to streamline access to high-quality full-text resources providing users with answers to real-world clinical and research questions.
Professional and Education: Professional and Education produces textbooks and point-of learning systems for healthcare education, as well as reference books and journals for physicians, nurses, students, and allied healthcare professionals. The business also announced a long-term book and eBook agreement with Amirsys, a company engaged in radiology and pathology images, that would combine the Amirsys and Lippincott Williams & Wilkins brands and global sales and marketing reach to bring to market specialized diagnostic imaging products for radiology and pathology professionals.
Clinical Solutions: Clinical Solutions delivers critical information, tools, and workflow solutions at the point-of-care, including referential and embedded drug information, evidence-based medicine guidelines, synoptic content, and procedure documentation and coding.
During 2008, the business also launched Mobile Clin-eguide, in partnership with Unbound Medicine, providing Blackberry and other PDA device users faster, easier access to a wealth of clinical decision support resources including evidence-based medical content and drug information at the point-of-care. Additionally, the Medi-Span drug information product line launched the Brand Probability File, which simplifies data analysis for brand versus generic drug decisions by pro viding pharmacies, pharmaceutical manufacturers, and payers with insight to quickly identify drug products as brand or as generic for purposes of formulary management, claim payment, claim reimbursement, or other analytics.
Customers: The companys customers include Allied health professionals, Doctors, Hospital administrators , Life sciences professionals, Managed care professionals, Medical, scientific, and academic researchers, Nurses, Pharmacists, Physicians, Professional society members, and Students and teachers in healthcare professions.
Corporate and Financial Se
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WOLTERS KLUWER NV COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WOLTERS KLUWER NV BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WOLTERS KLUWER NV SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WOLTERS KLUWER NV FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WOLTERS KLUWER NV COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Wolters Kluwer NV Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Wolters Kluwer NV and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Wolters Kluwer NV and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Wolters Kluwer NV Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Wolters Kluwer NV Industry Position Analysis
6. WOLTERS KLUWER NV NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WOLTERS KLUWER NV EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WOLTERS KLUWER NV ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. NETHERLANDS PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WOLTERS KLUWER NV IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WOLTERS KLUWER NV PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WOLTERS KLUWER NV VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Wolters Kluwer NV Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Wolters Kluwer NV Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Wolters Kluwer NV Major Shareholders
Wolters Kluwer NV History
Wolters Kluwer NV Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Wolters Kluwer NV Offices and Representations
Wolters Kluwer NV SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Wolters Kluwer NV Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Wolters Kluwer NV Capital Market Snapshot
Wolters Kluwer NV Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Wolters Kluwer NV Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Wolters Kluwer NV Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Wolters Kluwer NV Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Wolters Kluwer NV 1-year Stock Charts
Wolters Kluwer NV 5-year Stock Charts
Wolters Kluwer NV vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Wolters Kluwer NV vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Wolters Kluwer NV Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?