- The report contains detailed information about Vivendi that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Vivendi. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Vivendi financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Vivendi competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Vivendi business.
Vivendi SA operates as a communications and entertainment company worldwide. The company offers music, video games, mobile and fixed telecom, pay-TV, and media and entertainment services.
The company operates in five business segments Universal Music Group; The Canal+ Group; SFR; Maroc Telecom Group; and Activision Blizzard.
The Activision Blizzard engages in the development, publishing, and distribution of interactive entertainment software, online or on other media (such as console and PC). It offers video games for both online and console-based games.
The Activision Publishing (Activision) business develops, markets, and sells products directly, by license, or through third party publishers. Its products cover various game categories, including action/adventure, action sports, racing, role-playing, simulation, first-person shooter, music, and strategy. These games are intended for a customer base that ranges from casual players to game enthusiasts, and children to adults. Activision develops and publishes multi-console and PC video games through internally developed franchises and license agreements. Activision primarily offers games developed for the Sony (PlayStation 2, 3 and PSP), Nintendo (Wii and DS), and Microsoft (Xbox 360) platforms.
The company's primary games include Call of Duty and Guitar Hero. Guitar Hero is a music video game in which the player directs a rock musician by pressing the color buttons on a guitar symbolizing the notes to be played. Call of Duty is a video game in which the player embodies a soldier in the middle of war (the Second World War or a contemporary war).
Blizzard Entertainment is a development studio and publisher of World of Warcraft, Diablo, StarCraft, and Warcraft. In the Asian market, Blizzard distributes World of Warcraft directly through its local subsidiaries (Korea) and through partners and license agreements. Blizzard entered into a license agreement with The 9 for the distribution of World of Warcraft in China and with SoftWorld in Taiwan. In addition, in 2008, Blizzard granted a license to NetEase.com, Inc. for the operation in China of StarCraft II, Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, and for the Battle.net platform. World of Warcraft is available in North America, Europe (including Russia), China, Korea, Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Thailand, and Hong Kong.
The company's competitors publishing MMORPG games include NCSoft, Sony Online Entertainment, Electronic Arts, and Funcom. Its competitors in the console and PC games segment include Electronic Arts, Konami, Take-Two Interactive, THQ, and Ubisoft entertainment, as well as Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft which publish video games for their own platforms.
UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP
The Universal Music Group (UMG) engages in the sale of recorded music (physical and digital media), exploitation of music publishing rights, as well as artist services and merchandising. The business comprises three divisions: recorded music, music publishing, and artist services and merchandising.
The Recorded Music Business produces markets and distributes music through a network of subsidiaries, joint ventures, and licensees worldwide. UMG also sells and distributes music videos and DVDs, and licenses recordings. UMG participates in and encourages the distribution of music over the Internet and cellular networks by making a significant amount of its content available in digitalized form. UMGs major recording labels include popular music labels (such as Island Def Jam Music Group, Interscope Geffen A&M Records, Lost Highway Records, MCA Nashville, Mercury Nashville, Mercury Records, Polydor, and Universal Motown Republic Group), and classical and jazz labels (such as Decca, Deutsche Grammophon, and Verve).
In the Music Publishing Business, UMG owns and acquires rights to musical compositions to license them for use in recordings and related uses, such as in films, advertisements or live performances. UMGs music publishing company engages in classical music and the production music library
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VIVENDI COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VIVENDI BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VIVENDI SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VIVENDI FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VIVENDI COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Vivendi Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Vivendi and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Vivendi and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Vivendi Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Vivendi Industry Position Analysis
6. VIVENDI NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VIVENDI EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VIVENDI ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. FRANCE PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VIVENDI IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VIVENDI PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VIVENDI VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Vivendi Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Vivendi Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Vivendi Major Shareholders
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Vivendi Offices and Representations
Vivendi SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Vivendi Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Vivendi Capital Market Snapshot
Vivendi Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Vivendi Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Vivendi Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Vivendi Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Vivendi 1-year Stock Charts
Vivendi 5-year Stock Charts
Vivendi vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Vivendi vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Vivendi Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?