- The report contains detailed information about Viacom, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Viacom, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Viacom, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Viacom, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Viacom, Inc. business.
About Viacom, Inc.
Viacom Inc. operates as an entertainment content company. The company engages audiences on television, motion picture, Internet, mobile and video game platforms through various entertainment brands.
The companys segments include Media Networks and Filmed Entertainment.
MEDIA NETWORKS SEGMENT
Media Networks segment provides entertainment content for consumers in key demographics attractive to advertisers, content distributors and retailers. The company creates and acquires programming, video games and other content for distribution to its audiences how and where they want to view and interact with it on television, the Internet, mobile devices, game consoles and through various consumer products and themed entertainment. MTV Networks reaches approximately 640 million households in approximately 160 countries worldwide through its approximately 170 channels and multiplatform properties, which include MTV, including Music Television, VH1, CMT: Country Music Television, Logo, Nickelodeon, Nick at Nite, Nick Jr., TeenNick, COMEDY CENTRAL, Spike TV, and TV Land. MTV Networks also has a video game business that includes the Rock Band franchise and casual gaming Web sites, such as AddictingGames.com and Shockwave.com. BET Networks provides entertainment, music, news and public affairs programming targeted to the African-American audience, and its channels and properties, which include BET and CENTRIC, can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, and sub-Saharan Africa.
Media Networks segment operates approximately 430 digital media properties worldwide, including Web sites, WAP sites, broadband services and virtual worlds, and averaged approximately 98 million visitors per month. MTV Networks also syndicates ad-supported long-form and short-form video content to select online destinations which creates additional opportunities for audiences to interact with its content online.
MTV Networks includes four groups based on target audience, similarity of programming and other factors: the Music and Logo Group, the Kids and Family Group, the Entertainment Group and MTV Networks International.
Music and Logo Group
The Music and Logo Group includes the companys music-oriented program services and digital properties, which provide youth-oriented programming targeting the 18-24 and 18-34 demographics, the Harmonix and MTV Games video game operations, and Logo, its channel for the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender audience.
MTV: Music Television
MTV is a multimedia destination targeting teens and young adults and offering original programming, awards shows, music videos, news and commentary, online communities and virtual worlds, and mobile content. MTV reached approximately 98 million domestic television households as of December 31, 2009. MTV reached approximately 600 million households in more than 150 countries and territories as of December 31, 2009 through its 65 MTV branded channels, and households through branded programming blocks on third party broadcasters.
MTV2 reached approximately 77 million domestic television households as of December 31, 2009.
MTV Digital is an online/broadband service featuring a range of entertainment and pop culture content reflecting the core themes of MTV and MTV2, including Virtual MTV (virtual.mtv.com), and the Flux-based community platform, which allows users to interact with content and other users across a network of Web sites. In 2009, MTV.com averaged approximately 7.5 million monthly visitors and 75 million video streams each month.
It is music and pop culture-driven network featuring various original and acquired programming primarily focused on music artists and celebrities, as well as online destinations, a mobile platform and interests in home video, publishing and consumer products. VH1 reached approximately 98 million domestic television households as of December 31, 2009.
It is a vintage-themed network featuring music videos, documentaries, movies, and concert footage. VH1 Classic reached approximately 56 million domestic television households as of Decem
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. VIACOM, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. VIACOM, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. VIACOM, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. VIACOM, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. VIACOM, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Viacom, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Viacom, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Viacom, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Viacom, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Viacom, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. VIACOM, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. VIACOM, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. VIACOM, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. VIACOM, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. VIACOM, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. VIACOM, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Viacom, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Viacom, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Viacom, Inc. Major Shareholders
Viacom, Inc. History
Viacom, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Viacom, Inc. Offices and Representations
Viacom, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Viacom, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Viacom, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Viacom, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Viacom, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Viacom, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Viacom, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Viacom, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Viacom, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Viacom, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Viacom, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Viacom, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?