- The report contains detailed information about Trudy Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Trudy Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Trudy Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Trudy Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Trudy Corp. business.
About Trudy Corp.
Trudy Corporation publishes childrens books and audiobooks. The company also designs, manufactures, and markets plush stuffed animals and selected musical instruments and audio players for sale to domestic and international retail and wholesale customers. Its products are sold under the names (imprints) of Studio Mouse, Soundprints, Little Soundprints, Music for Little People, and Fetching Books.
Products and Licensing
The company holds a publishing license with Disney Licensed Publishing, an imprint of Disney Children's Book Group, LLC (Disney). The license provides for the Studio Mouse imprint to publish certain novelty book and audio CD formats for distribution into the licensed territories, as well as the United Kingdom, Russia, nine African countries, and various countries throughout Asia, the Middle East, Eastern Europe, Latin America, and the Caribbean.
The licensed characters include core properties, such as Disney Princess and Winnie the Pooh, selected Disney Channel shows, as well as feature films, including Disney Pixar-branded titles, such as Finding Nemo, Cars, and Disney feature films, such as Pirates of the Caribbean, as well as Disneys own animation releases. The license also includes Spanish language for distribution in North America, Latin America, and Spain and bilingual rights for North America and various other territories worldwide.
The material published is targeted to a preschool through early elementary school audience and contains early childhood developmental and educational content utilizing Disney characters.
The company holds a license with the Smithsonian Institution to create and/or distribute Smithsonian-licensed fiction titles through September 30, 2012. The license allows for the sale of educational components and bundled kits, under the Soundprints and Studio Mouse imprints, containing realistic wildlife plush toys, storybooks, and audio-books in various formats.
The company offers downloadable audio, e-book and activities to accompany the bonus audio CDs with its Disney Licensed products. It offers a new series, Learning Anywhere. These titles feature characters from Disney Princess, Winnie the Pooh, Mickey Mouse Club House and Little Einsteins properties. The content focuses on early-learning concepts, such as the alphabet, numbers, and shapes. Each title features a French flap with bonus learning activities, an audio CD and stickers. Select titles feature a bonus audio and activities download.
The company offers a series, Audio Tales with titles from well-loved Disney properties, such as Winnie the Pooh and Mickey Mouse Club House. Audio Tales are hardcover books designed with a handle for easy toting. Each book also includes an audio CD and downloadable audiobook and activities.
The company also publishes Disney titles from series in the customary formats, Read, Play & Go, Learn-on-the-Go, Carry-a-Tune, Learn & Carry, Travel Pack, Spelling Pieces and Storybook Sets formats. It offers Mini Carry-a-Tune, Mini Learn-on-the-Go, and Power Pack formats.
The company offers a new title in the Smithsonian Alphabet Book series. The Alphabet of Dance is the first title in the series to feature a listen-and-learn download in place of a CD. This book features original artwork and clever rhyming text as found in previous titles in the series, and also comes with the full-sized tear-out poster, suitable for framing. It also offers Smithsonian Zip & Carry, Insects A to Z, based on the Teachers Choice Alphabet book, Alphabet of Insects.
The company offers Smithsonian Learn-on-the-Go title: Dinosaurs and More!: Write-With-Me Alphabet. This full-color book features a zippered, padded cover, carrying handle, a write on-wipe off pen and audio CD. Its purpose is to help children practice writing each letter of the alphabet while they explore the prehistoric world.
In 2009, the company added plush toys to the First Look board book series: First Look at Aircraft and First Look at Trucks were made available for the first time with plush toys and easy-to-download e-book formats. It offers titles from the Smithsonian Odyssey series. The new Odyssey Adventure books have a fresh new look and are available with audiobook downloads.
The company released another title in its Alphabet Books series featuring content created in conjunction with the African Wildlife Foundation entitled Alphabet of African Animals. This paperback title is available with CD and download.
The company partners with Audible.com and Follett Digital to introduce a range of its titles as e-book downloads. It offers The Read, Play & Go! Format, which is a 7 by 7 inch, 20-page board book with a casebound hardcover, audio CD and carry-along handle. This format was launched with Disney-licensed content featuring Disney Mickey Mouse Club House and Winnie the Pooh content as well as Sesame-licensed content featuring Elmo and Abby Cadabby. It was first launched in English and then in Spanish for Spain.
The company offers Step-by-Step format, which is a 7 x 9 inch puzzle book with 10 pages, a padded casebound cover, and an audio CD in a patented CD storage tray.
In 2009, the company also various titles with the digital distributors noted above for sales to the school and library market and directly to consumers in a PDF based digital eBook format and an audio-visual MP4 format.
In 2008, the company received 3,000 units of a designed MP3 player made with a proprietary design and trademarked in its Bebop and Carry-a-Tune trademarks. The Carry-a-Tune player is offered only in direct-to-consumer markets and was introduced in the Music for Little People catalog mailing, the StudioMouse catalog, as well as on its and various other e-commerce sites.
The company's products are sold nationally and internationally to book, toy, and specialty store resellers, warehouse clubs and book, gift, and educational distributors. Its customers include Target, Costco, Barnes and Noble, T.J. Maxx, and Wal-Mart.
The company was founded in 1979. It was formerly known as Trudy Toys Company, Inc. and changed its name to Trudy Corporation in 1984.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TRUDY CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TRUDY CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TRUDY CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TRUDY CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TRUDY CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Trudy Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Trudy Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Trudy Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Trudy Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Trudy Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. TRUDY CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TRUDY CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TRUDY CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TRUDY CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TRUDY CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TRUDY CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Trudy Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Trudy Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Trudy Corp. Major Shareholders
Trudy Corp. History
Trudy Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Trudy Corp. Offices and Representations
Trudy Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Trudy Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Trudy Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Trudy Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Trudy Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Trudy Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Trudy Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Trudy Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Trudy Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Trudy Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Trudy Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Trudy Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?