- The report contains detailed information about Tom Group Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Tom Group Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Tom Group Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Tom Group Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Tom Group Ltd. business.
About Tom Group Ltd.
Tom Group Limited operates as a Chinese language media conglomerate in Greater China. The company operates its businesses in five areas: Internet (TOM Online), Outdoor media (TOM Outdoor Media Group), Publishing, Sports, Television, and Entertainment across markets in Mainland China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong.
The companys Internet group provides wireless Internet services, online advertising, commercial enterprise solutions, and Internet access. The companys outdoor media group advertising sales of outdoor media assets and provision of outdoor media services. Its publishing group offers magazine and book circulation, sales of publication advertising and other related products. Its sports group engages in the event organization, advertising and sponsorship sales in relation to sports events and programs. Its television and entertainment group engages in the advertising sales in relation to satellite television channel operations, provision of broadcasting post production services and sales of audio-visual products.
The company, through its subsidiary TOM Online Inc., operates as a major wireless Internet company that offers various wireless Internet services and operates one of the most successful portals in Mainland China. With a focus on the younger, trendy and technology-aware demographics in Mainland China, TOM Online has approximately 163 million registered users on its wireless and online services. Its customers sign up for wireless Internet services, including SMS, WAP and ringback tones. TOM Online also provides wireless interactive voice response (IVR) services.
The company through the Internet group principally offers wireless Internet services, short messaging service, 2.5G and voice services, and improved data and voice services. In 2004, the company acquired Treasure Base, a wireless entertainment service provider with exclusive rights with major TV channels; 14 15 a co-investment with IDG and Qualcomm in the Sichuan Great Wall Software Group that would focus on the development of JAVA and BREW technologies, thus enhancing TOM Onlines 2.5G and future 3G product development capabilities; exclusive partnerships with UEFA and ESPN STAR brought the Euro 2004 Official Chinese Website and English Premier League content offerings respectively to its users; the strategic alliance with Skype Technologies would look to develop free and fee-based communication and community applications under the co-branded instant messaging tool, TOM-Skype; the acquisition of Whole Win, a WAP service provider has strengthened the position in 2.5G services. Lastly, the acquisition of Indiagames has allowed TOM Online to take it to outside Mainland China, and would help in its continued diversification strategy in market coverage, by adding India, a market with high-growth potential; in product mix with the addition of Indiagames portfolio of approximately 60 mobile games; as well as in distribution with the combination of approximately 100 distribution channel partnerships worldwide.
Outdoor Media Group
The company, through its subsidiary TOM Outdoor, operates the billboard network spanning approximately 50 cities in Mainland China, with a total asset space of approximately 300,000 square meters. This network offers a portfolio of billboards and unipoles complemented by street furniture and transport advertising. TOM Outdoor has 14 subsidiaries in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and other major mainland cities, providing nationwide advertising solutions.
The company through its 14 operating subsidiaries advertises network reaches approximately 50 cities throughout Mainland China. Its key new concessions were secured in 10 cities, including Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Dalian, Jinan, Fuzhou, Xiamen, Zhengzhou, Shengyang, and Chongqing. These included 18 unipoles along the highway leading to the Pudong International Airport in Shanghai, as well as the 3 major advertising billboards in Guangzhou. Major advertising account wins during the year included cross-regional placement contracts with NEC, AVIVA-COFCO Life Insurance, Kia Automobile, Futian Automobile and Konka.
As part of the ongoing post-ac
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TOM GROUP LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TOM GROUP LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TOM GROUP LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TOM GROUP LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TOM GROUP LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Tom Group Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Tom Group Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Tom Group Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Tom Group Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Tom Group Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. TOM GROUP LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TOM GROUP LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TOM GROUP LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. HONG KONG PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TOM GROUP LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TOM GROUP LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TOM GROUP LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Tom Group Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Tom Group Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Tom Group Ltd. Major Shareholders
Tom Group Ltd. History
Tom Group Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Tom Group Ltd. Offices and Representations
Tom Group Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Tom Group Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Tom Group Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Tom Group Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Tom Group Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Tom Group Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Tom Group Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Tom Group Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Tom Group Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Tom Group Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Tom Group Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Tom Group Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?