- The report contains detailed information about Spanish Broadcasting System Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Spanish Broadcasting System Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Spanish Broadcasting System Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Spanish Broadcasting System Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Spanish Broadcasting System Inc. business.
About Spanish Broadcasting System Inc.
Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc. operates as a media and entertainment company in the United States. The company owns and/or operates 21 radio stations located in Los Angeles, New York, Puerto Rico, Chicago, Miami, and San Francisco. The company also owns two television stations, which operate as one television operation, branded MegaTV. MegaTV reaches approximately 2.0 million households in the South Florida market, and through affiliation, programming and local marketing agreements nationally throughout the U.S., including Puerto Rico, it reaches approximately 4.5 million households.
The company operates two segments: Radio and Television.
The company formats the programming of each of its radio stations to capture a substantial share of the U.S. Hispanic audience in its respective market. Each of its programming formats is as follows:
Spanish Tropical: The Spanish Tropical format primarily consists of salsa, merengue, bachata and reggaeton music.
Regional Mexican: The Regional Mexican format consists of various types of music played in different regions of Mexico such as ranchera, nortena, banda and cumbia. Ranchera music, originating from Jalisco, Mexico, is a traditional folkloric sound commonly referred to as mariachi music.
Spanish Adult Contemporary: The Spanish Adult Contemporary format includes soft romantic ballads and Spanish pop music, as well as, international hits from Puerto Rico, Mexico, Latin America, and Spain.
Spanish Oldies: The Spanish Oldies format includes various Latin and English classics, mainly from the 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s.
Top 40: The Top 40 format consists of the most popular chart hits.
Latin Rhythmic: The Hispanic Urban (Hurban) format consists of reggaeton, which is dance music that originated in Panama and Puerto Rico and has evolved into a mix of Spanish- and English-language dance hall, traditional reggae, Latin pop and Spanish hip-hop.
As part of its media operating business, the company also operates LaMusica.com, Mega.tv, and radio station Web sites, which are bilingual (Spanish-English) Web sites providing content related to Latin music, entertainment, news, and culture. It also produces live concerts and events throughout the United States, including Puerto Rico.
MegaTV, the companys general entertainment Spanish-language television operation, serves the South Florida market. The companys programming is formatted to capture shares of the markets young U.S. Hispanic audience by focusing as an entertainment company, thus offering a new alternative. MegaTVs programming is based on a strategy designed to showcase a combination of programs, ranging from televised radio-branded shows to general entertainment programs, such as music, celebrity, debate, interviews, and personality-based shows.
Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc. was founded in 1983.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SPANISH BROADCASTING SYSTEM INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SPANISH BROADCASTING SYSTEM INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SPANISH BROADCASTING SYSTEM INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SPANISH BROADCASTING SYSTEM INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SPANISH BROADCASTING SYSTEM INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Spanish Broadcasting System Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Spanish Broadcasting System Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Spanish Broadcasting System Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Spanish Broadcasting System Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Spanish Broadcasting System Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SPANISH BROADCASTING SYSTEM INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SPANISH BROADCASTING SYSTEM INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SPANISH BROADCASTING SYSTEM INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SPANISH BROADCASTING SYSTEM INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SPANISH BROADCASTING SYSTEM INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SPANISH BROADCASTING SYSTEM INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Spanish Broadcasting System Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Spanish Broadcasting System Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Spanish Broadcasting System Inc. Major Shareholders
Spanish Broadcasting System Inc. History
Spanish Broadcasting System Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Spanish Broadcasting System Inc. Offices and Representations
Spanish Broadcasting System Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Spanish Broadcasting System Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Spanish Broadcasting System Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Spanish Broadcasting System Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Spanish Broadcasting System Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Spanish Broadcasting System Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Spanish Broadcasting System Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Spanish Broadcasting System Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Spanish Broadcasting System Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Spanish Broadcasting System Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Spanish Broadcasting System Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Spanish Broadcasting System Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?