- The report contains detailed information about Southern Community Newspapers Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Southern Community Newspapers Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Southern Community Newspapers Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Southern Community Newspapers Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Southern Community Newspapers Inc. business.
About Southern Community Newspapers Inc.
Southern Community Newspapers Inc. engages in newspaper publishing business in the United States. As of June 30, 2008, the company owned and operated 6 daily newspapers and 1 weekly newspaper with a total daily circulation of approximately 95,200 and a total Sunday circulation of approximately 131,850. The companys newspapers are characterized by their focus on the coverage of local news and local sports.
The companys newspapers focus on local content, including coverage of local youth, high school and college sports, as well as local business, politics, entertainment and cultural news. Its advertiser base is local, including the local stores and outlets of major regional and national retailers.
The company owns and operates The Albany Herald, Gwinnett Daily Post, Rockdale Citizen/Newton Citizen and Jonesboro Group.
The Albany Herald: The Albany Herald newspaper is located in Albany, Georgia and is published seven days a week to serve southwest Georgia. As of June 30, 2008, the Albany Herald has a daily circulation of approximately 19,300 and a Sunday circulation of approximately 21,400. The Albany Herald is a daily newspaper in Albany, Georgia. The Albany Herald also produces a weekly advertising shopper and other niche publications. The Albany Area Advertiser is a shopper distributed weekly to all households in Dougherty and Lee counties. The Express is an advertising section distributed in selected zip codes, and The Emblem is a newspaper serving Marine Corps Logistics Base Albany.
Gwinnett Daily Post, Rockdale Citizen and Newton Citizen: The Gwinnett Daily Post, Rockdale Citizen and Newton Citizen are newspapers that serve communities in the metro Atlanta, Georgia area with local news, sports and lifestyles coverage together with national stories that directly impact their local communities. As of June 30, 2008, the Gwinnett Daily Post is published Tuesday through Sunday and has a daily circulation of approximately 58,600 and a Sunday circulation of approximately 102,300.
The Rockdale Citizen: The Rockdale Citizen is published seven days a week with weekday circulation of approximately 5,000 and Saturday and Sunday circulation of approximately 7,800 as of June 30, 2008. Advertising is sold into the weekday products of both Citizens on a combined basis reaching approximately 8,900 households.
Jonesboro Group: The Jonesboro Group consists of three newspapers in adjacent counties in the suburban Atlanta, Georgia area. The Clayton News Daily serves Clayton County with a daily circulation as of June 30, 2008 of approximately 2,100 published Monday through Saturday. The Henry Daily Herald serves Henry County with a daily circulation as of June 30, 2008 of approximately 2,400 published Monday through Saturday. The Jackson Progress-Argus serves Butts County and published every Wednesday with a circulation of approximately 3,900 as of June 30, 2008.
Advertising: The company provides advertising fro retail (local department stores, local accounts at national department stores, specialty shops and other retailers), national (national advertising accounts), classified (employment, automotive, real estate and personals) and other advertising.
Job Printing: The company operates three printing facilities. It provides commercial printing services to third parties, primarily for commercial materials, including other newsprint publications.
Online Operations: The companys Web sites also provide an online marketplace for its advertisers, including The Albany Herald (www.albanyherald.com); Gwinnett Daily Post (www.gwinnettdailypost.com); Rockdale Citizen (www.rockdalecitizen.com); Newton Citizen (www.newtoncitizen.com); Clayton News Daily (www.new-daily.com); Henry Daily Herald (www.henryherald.com); and Jackson Progress-Argus (www.jacksonprogress-argus.com).
Editorial: The companys newspapers generally contain 16 to 100 pages with editorial content that focuses on local news and topics of interest to the communities that they serve, such as local business, politics, entertainment and culture, as well as local youth, high school, college and professional sports.
Newsprint: The company is operating under a contract with Abitibi Consolidated to purchase newsprint.
In Albany, the companys competitors include statewide and national newspapers, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution; and USA Today.
In 2007, the company sold its GrayLink Wireless segment; Host Collegiate Marketing segment; and Host Association Management Services segment.
The company was founded in 2005. It was formerly known as Triple Crown Media Inc. and changed its name to Southern Community Newspapers Inc. in March 2010.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SOUTHERN COMMUNITY NEWSPAPERS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SOUTHERN COMMUNITY NEWSPAPERS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SOUTHERN COMMUNITY NEWSPAPERS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SOUTHERN COMMUNITY NEWSPAPERS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SOUTHERN COMMUNITY NEWSPAPERS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Southern Community Newspapers Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Southern Community Newspapers Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Southern Community Newspapers Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Southern Community Newspapers Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Southern Community Newspapers Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SOUTHERN COMMUNITY NEWSPAPERS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SOUTHERN COMMUNITY NEWSPAPERS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SOUTHERN COMMUNITY NEWSPAPERS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SOUTHERN COMMUNITY NEWSPAPERS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SOUTHERN COMMUNITY NEWSPAPERS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SOUTHERN COMMUNITY NEWSPAPERS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Southern Community Newspapers Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Southern Community Newspapers Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Southern Community Newspapers Inc. Major Shareholders
Southern Community Newspapers Inc. History
Southern Community Newspapers Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Southern Community Newspapers Inc. Offices and Representations
Southern Community Newspapers Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Southern Community Newspapers Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Southern Community Newspapers Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Southern Community Newspapers Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Southern Community Newspapers Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Southern Community Newspapers Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Southern Community Newspapers Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Southern Community Newspapers Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Southern Community Newspapers Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Southern Community Newspapers Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Southern Community Newspapers Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Southern Community Newspapers Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?