- The report contains detailed information about Score Media Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Score Media Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Score Media Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Score Media Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Score Media Inc. business.
About Score Media Inc.
Headline Media Group Inc. (the Company) is a media company focused on the specialty television sector through its main asset, The Score Television Network (The Score). The Score is a national specialty television service providing sports news, information, highlights, and live event programming, and is available across Canada in over 5.3 million homes. The Company also owns PrideVision TV, is a 24/7 gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (GLBT) television network, and The St. Clair Group (St. Clair), a Canadian sports marketing and specialty publishing company.
The Company has three business units, which comprise broadcasting, sports and entertainment marketing and other. These operating segments are substantially in Canada. The broadcasting group consists of the Company's specialty television networks, The Score and PrideVision TV. The sports and entertainment marketing group consists of the operations of St. Clair, being advertising and event sponsorship program publications for sports and theatre events. The other group consists of corporate operations.
The Score originally operated under the Sportscope trade name as a non-programming, alphanumeric sports service on cable systems in seven Canadian provinces. Prior to receiving its specialty television service license in 1996, Sportscope provided up-to-the-minute sports scores and sports news in a textual format to approximately 1.5 million subscribers. After receiving approval by the CRTC to operate as a national English-language specialty television service, Sportscope changed its name to Headline Sports and commenced operations as a 24-hour sports specialty television service. Beginning in May 1997, the network provided continually updated sports highlights, news and information in a concise, 15-minute wheel format.
The Score provides its young, interactive sports viewers with highlights as they happen, and up-to-the second sports news and information on its tickers which are always on screen, even during commercials. In-depth coverage of pre and post game news gives sports fans the details they need, and cant get anywhere else. The Score also features premiere Canadian and international live sporting events. The Score is available across Canada on cable and DTH satellite, and has over 5.3 million subscribers.
On September 7, 2001, PrideVision TV, a gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender (GLBT) network was launched. PrideVision is designed to be a premiere national network bringing GLBT relevant news, information and entertainment to the GLBT and GLBT-friendly community. PrideVision is distributed across Canada by cable and DTH satellite providers, and is sold on a premium basis.
On December 5, 2003, the Company entered into an agreement to sell the Canadian operations of PrideVision TV. As part of the transaction, which is subject to approval by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC), the Company will retain the rights to develop PrideVision TV outside of Canada, and a 9.9% interest in PrideVision TV's Canadian operations.
St Clair Group
St. Clair is a Canadian sports marketing and specialty publishing company which acquires broadcasting, promotional, sponsorship, signage and print program rights in respect of live sports events. St. Clair also produces and publishes Performance Magazine for many of the major venues and arts organizations in Toronto. Performance Magazine has an average annual circulation of 3 million.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SCORE MEDIA INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SCORE MEDIA INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SCORE MEDIA INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SCORE MEDIA INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SCORE MEDIA INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Score Media Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Score Media Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Score Media Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Score Media Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Score Media Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SCORE MEDIA INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SCORE MEDIA INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SCORE MEDIA INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SCORE MEDIA INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SCORE MEDIA INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SCORE MEDIA INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Score Media Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Score Media Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Score Media Inc. Major Shareholders
Score Media Inc. History
Score Media Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Score Media Inc. Offices and Representations
Score Media Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Score Media Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Score Media Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Score Media Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Score Media Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Score Media Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Score Media Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Score Media Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Score Media Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Score Media Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Score Media Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Score Media Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?