- The report contains detailed information about Salem Communications Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Salem Communications Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Salem Communications Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Salem Communications Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Salem Communications Corp. business.
About Salem Communications Corp.
Salem Communications Corporation, through its subsidiaries, operates as a commercial radio broadcasting company in the United States. The company provides programming targeted at audiences interested in Christian and family-themed content. The companys core business is the ownership and operation of radio stations in metropolitan markets. As of December 31, 2009, the company owned and operated 94 radio stations consisting of 27 FM stations and 67 AM stations.
The companys radio business is focused on the clustering of strategic formats, mainly Christian Teaching and Talk, Contemporary Christian Music and conservative News Talk. It offers Spanish language Christian Teaching and Talk. It owns and operates Salem Radio Network (SRN), a national radio network that syndicates music, news and talk to approximately 2,000 affiliated radio stations, in addition to its owned and operated stations. It also owns and operates Salem Media Representatives (SMR), a national radio advertising sales firm with offices in 12 U.S. cities.
In addition to its radio broadcast business, the company also owns and operates a non-broadcast media division. This division consists of Salem Web Network (SWN), a provider of online Christian content and streaming, Salem Publishing, a publisher of Christian magazines and Xulon Press, a provider of print-on-demand publishing services targeting the Christian audience. SWNs content, both in text and audio, can be accessed through its national portals that include OnePlace.com, Crosswalk.com, Christianity.com and Townhall.com. SWNs content can also be accessed through its local radio station websites, which provide content of interest to local listeners.
SALEM RADIO NETWORK AND SALEM MEDIA REPRESENTATIVES
The company owns and operates Salem Radio Network (SRN). It develops a national network of affiliated radio stations anchored by its owned and operated radio stations in major markets. SRN develops, produces and syndicates a range of programming specifically targeted to Christian and family-themed talk and music stations, as well as general market News Talk stations. The company has rights to various full-time satellite channels to deliver SRN programs to affiliates via satellite.
SRN has approximately 2,000 affiliate stations, in addition to the companys owned and operated stations, which broadcast offered programming options. These programming options feature talk shows, news and music. SRN and its radio stations each have relationships with SMR for the sale of available SRN spot advertising. SMR also contracts with individual radio stations to sell airtime to national advertisers desiring to include selected company stations in national buys covering multiple markets.
Salem Web Network and Townhall.com: The companys online strategy centers on creating the premiere Internet platform serving the audience interested in Christian and conservative content. Leveraging its engaged and loyal radio listener base, SWNs content, both in text and audio, can be accessed through its national portals which include OnePlace.com, Crosswalk.com, Christianity.com, Townhall.com, and through its radio station Websites, which provide content of interest to its local radio station listeners. The company owns CrossDaily.com; Townhall.com; intercristo.com; and theconservativevoice.com.
Salem Publishing: The companys distribution of Christian and conservative content also extends into print through Salem Publishing, a magazine publisher serving the Christian and conservative audience and Xulon Press, a provider of print-on-demand publishing services targeted to the Christian audience. Salem Publishing is well positioned to grow its magazines: Homecoming The Magazine, YouthWorker Journal, The Singing News, FaithTalk Magazine, Preaching and Townhall Magazine.
The company owns two target magazines, The Singing News magazine and Preaching magazine, and their respective Internet sites. It also purchases Xulon Press. Salem Publishing owns the Christian Music Planet brand, including www.ChristianMusicPlanet.com, a Christian music Web portal and CMCentral.com, a Christian music Web site and online community.
In 2009, the company completed the purchase of radio station WZAB-AM in Miami; and radio station WAMD-AM in Aberdeen, Maryland.
In 2009, the company completed the sale of radio station KPXI-FM in Tyler-Longview, Texas.
Salem Communications Corporation was founded in 1986.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SALEM COMMUNICATIONS CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SALEM COMMUNICATIONS CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SALEM COMMUNICATIONS CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SALEM COMMUNICATIONS CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SALEM COMMUNICATIONS CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Salem Communications Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Salem Communications Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Salem Communications Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Salem Communications Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Salem Communications Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. SALEM COMMUNICATIONS CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SALEM COMMUNICATIONS CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SALEM COMMUNICATIONS CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SALEM COMMUNICATIONS CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SALEM COMMUNICATIONS CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SALEM COMMUNICATIONS CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Salem Communications Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Salem Communications Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Salem Communications Corp. Major Shareholders
Salem Communications Corp. History
Salem Communications Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Salem Communications Corp. Offices and Representations
Salem Communications Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Salem Communications Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Salem Communications Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Salem Communications Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Salem Communications Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Salem Communications Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Salem Communications Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Salem Communications Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Salem Communications Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Salem Communications Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Salem Communications Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Salem Communications Corp. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?