- The report contains detailed information about Rentrak Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Rentrak Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Rentrak Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Rentrak Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Rentrak Corporation business.
About Rentrak Corporation
Rentrak Corporation, an information management company, provides content measurement and analytical services to companies in the entertainment industry.
The company has two operating divisions, the Home Entertainment Division and Advanced Media and Information (AMI) Division.
Home Entertainment Division
The Home Entertainment Division manages its business operations that deliver home entertainment content products (Units) and related rental and sales information for the content to home video specialty stores and other retailers, on a revenue sharing basis. The company leases product from various suppliers, typically motion picture studios. Under its Pay-Per-Transaction (PPT) System, Participating Retailers sublease that product from the company and rent it to consumers. The company markets its PPT System throughout the U.S. and Canada.
The companys Home Entertainment Division also includes its Direct Revenue Sharing (DRS) services. DRS encompasses the collection, tracking, auditing and reporting of transaction and revenue data generated by DRS retailers, such as Blockbuster Entertainment and Netflix, to its respective DRS clients, for rented entertainment content received both on physical product as well as digitally, under established agreements on a fee for service basis.
The company has offered titles from various program suppliers, includingFirst Look Studios; Genius Products, Inc.; Lionsgate Films, Inc.; Maple Pictures Corp; Paramount Home Entertainment, Inc.; Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, Inc.; Summit Distribution, LLC; Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Inc.; Universal Studios Home Entertainment LLC; and Warner Home Video, a division of Warner Bros.
Competition: The company competes with Netflix; DIRECTV; Echostar; Time Warner; Comcast; AT&T; Verizon; Apples iTunes; Hulu.com; and Googles YouTube.
The AMI Division manages its Essentials Suite of business information services. The companys Essentials Suite software and services, offered primarily on a recurring subscription basis, provide data collection, management, analysis and reporting functions.
The Essentials Suite includes the following: Box Office Essentials for reporting domestic and international gross receipt theatrical ticket sales; Home Entertainment Essential for reporting retail sales and rental data for DVDs and related products across the U.S. and Canada; and Multi-Screen Essentials provides a suite of analytical tools related to tracking content in the multi-screen viewing environment, which includes OnDemand Essentials for measuring and reporting anonymous video on demand (VOD) usage data. It also includes TV Essentials, which includes StationView Essentials, Mobile Essentials, and Internet TV Essentials.
Box Office Essentials: Box Office Essentials reports domestic and international theatrical gross receipt ticket sales to motion picture studios and movie theater owners. The company provides studios with access to box office performance data pertaining to specific motion pictures and movie theater circuits, both real-time and historical. Data is primarily obtained via electronic connectivity to theater box offices and is collected for all movie theaters in North America, Guam, Puerto Rico and Russia. Also, on January 29, 2010, the company acquired Nielsens EDI-Business with operations in the United Kingdom, Australia, Germany, France, Mexico, Argentina, and Spain.
Home Entertainment Essentials: Home Entertainment Essentials provides retail sales and rental data on DVD, UMD, Blu-ray Disc, and video games. Through two separate Web-based applications, Home Entertainment Essentials users can access weekly and historical title and market level consumer sales and rental grosses to competitively benchmark industry performance. Clients include all the home entertainment divisions of the major and mini-major Hollywood studios such as Warner Home Video, Buena Vista Home Entertainment (Disney), Paramount/DreamWorks Home Entertainment, Universal Studios Home Entertainment, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Lionsgate Entertainment, Summit Enter
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. RENTRAK CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. RENTRAK CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. RENTRAK CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. RENTRAK CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. RENTRAK CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Rentrak Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Rentrak Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Rentrak Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Rentrak Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Rentrak Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. RENTRAK CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. RENTRAK CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. RENTRAK CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. RENTRAK CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. RENTRAK CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. RENTRAK CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Rentrak Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Rentrak Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Rentrak Corporation Major Shareholders
Rentrak Corporation History
Rentrak Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Rentrak Corporation Offices and Representations
Rentrak Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Rentrak Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Rentrak Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Rentrak Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Rentrak Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Rentrak Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Rentrak Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Rentrak Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Rentrak Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Rentrak Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Rentrak Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Rentrak Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?