- The report contains detailed information about Reed Elsevier plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Reed Elsevier plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Reed Elsevier plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Reed Elsevier plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Reed Elsevier plc business.
About Reed Elsevier plc
Reed Elsevier PLC provides professional information solutions in the science, medical, legal, risk, and business sectors in North America and Europe.
The companys businesses provide products and services that are organized in four business divisions: Elsevier; LexisNexis; Reed Exhibitions; and Reed Business Information.
Elsevier provides scientific and medical information and serves scientists, health professionals, and students worldwide. Elsevier provides information and workflow tools that enable customers to make critical decisions and improve outcomes.
Elsevier has its principal operations in Amsterdam, Beijing, Boston, Chennai, Delhi, London, Madrid, Munich, Oxford, New York, Paris, Philadelphia, Rio de Janeiro, St. Louis, San Diego, Singapore, and Tokyo.
Elsevier has two market facing businesses: Science & Technology serving the scientific community and Health Sciences serving the health community, both of which are supported by a global shared services organization which provides integrated editorial systems and production services, product platforms and distribution, and other back office functions.
Science & Technology
Science & Technology is a global provider of scientific information. It delivers an array of information and workflow tools that generate insights for researchers in the advancement of scientific discovery and improve the productivity of research. Its customers are scientists and professionals, academic libraries, corporations and governments, who rely on Elsevier: to provide content; to promote, review, publish, disseminate, and preserve research findings; and to create workflow tools.
Science & Technology publishes approximately 200,000 new research articles each year through approximately 1,100 journals, majority of which are the foremost publications in their field and a primary point of reference for new research. Science & Technology also publishes approximately 900 new book titles annually, as well as secondary material in the form of supporting bibliographic data, indexes and abstracts, and tertiary information through review and reference works. 10,000 e-book titles are in ScienceDirect, with approximately 400 e-books added each year.
Science & Technologys other primary electronic solutions include Scopus and the Reaxys and SciVal Spotlight services. Scopus is an abstract and citation database of research literature in the world, with the abstracts and bibliographic information of approximately 40 million scientific research articles from 17,000 peer reviewed journals and approximately 5,000 publishers. Scopus also has data on approximately 23 million patents. Reaxys is a new solution for synthetic chemists, based on Elseviers prestigious CrossFire Database suite, which integrates chemical reaction and compound data searching with synthesis planning. The SciVal suite of research tools enables individual researchers and institutional leadership to determine and evaluate their research strategies.
Health Sciences is a medical publisher, serving health professionals, including medical researchers, doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and students, as well as hospitals, research institutions, managed healthcare organizations, pharmaceutical companies, and insurers. Through its medical journals, books, major reference works, databases and online information solutions, Health Sciences provides critical information and analysis on which its customers rely to base their decisions, to improve medical outcomes.
Health Sciences publishes approximately 700 journals, including on behalf of learned societies, and, in 2009, approximately 1,700 new book titles and clinical reference works both in print and through ScienceDirect and other electronic platforms, such as MDConsult, which is an online clinical information service with approximately 2,200 institutional customers and approximately 12 million page views per month. Primary titles include medical journals, such as The Lancet, and major medical reference works, such as Grays Anatomy, Nelsons Pediatrics, and Netters Atlas of Human Anatomy. The business also provid
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. REED ELSEVIER PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. REED ELSEVIER PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. REED ELSEVIER PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. REED ELSEVIER PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. REED ELSEVIER PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Reed Elsevier plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Reed Elsevier plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Reed Elsevier plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Reed Elsevier plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Reed Elsevier plc Industry Position Analysis
6. REED ELSEVIER PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. REED ELSEVIER PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. REED ELSEVIER PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. REED ELSEVIER PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. REED ELSEVIER PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. REED ELSEVIER PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Reed Elsevier plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Reed Elsevier plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Reed Elsevier plc Major Shareholders
Reed Elsevier plc History
Reed Elsevier plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Reed Elsevier plc Offices and Representations
Reed Elsevier plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Reed Elsevier plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Reed Elsevier plc Capital Market Snapshot
Reed Elsevier plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Reed Elsevier plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Reed Elsevier plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Reed Elsevier plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Reed Elsevier plc 1-year Stock Charts
Reed Elsevier plc 5-year Stock Charts
Reed Elsevier plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Reed Elsevier plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Reed Elsevier plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?