- The report contains detailed information about RCS MediaGroup S.p.A that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for RCS MediaGroup S.p.A. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The RCS MediaGroup S.p.A financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes RCS MediaGroup S.p.A competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of RCS MediaGroup S.p.A business.
About RCS MediaGroup S.p.A
RCS MediaGroup SpA, through its subsidiaries, operates in the media and publishing sectors. The company specializes in daily newspapers, magazines, circulation and third-party publications, advertising, books, educational and professional, and partworks. The company principally operates in Italy, the United States, Spain, Germany, and France.
The companys RCS Investimenti subsidiary consolidateds line-by-line, manages its own liquidity on behalf of other group companies, mostly in the form of intercompany funding; its net financial position. The company, through its subsidiary GFT NET, operates an Italian company which owns a building in Turin.
The companys media and publishing sectors are divided in to five segments operated by its subsidiaries: RCS Quotidiani, RCS Periodici, RCS Libri, RCS Pubblicita, and RCS Broadcast.
RCS Quotidiani publishes newspapers in Italy and Spain, which are represented by the titles Corriere della Sera, La Gazzetta dello Sport, City and El Mundo del Siglo XXI, as well as the companys Internet and sporting activities. The company also offers Corriere della Sera with the business weekly il Mondo and the monthly Casamica. The RCS Quotidiani group also runs certain services on its own account and for other RCS group companies.
Italy: In Italy the newspaper circulation in 2004 of Corriere della Sera reported average daily circulation of 678,000 copies, while Gazzetta dello Sport sold an average of 425,000 copies each day.
Spain: In Spain the companys circulation figures at El Mundo reached approximately 308,000 copies per day. Its newspapers are also circulated under the names La Grande Enciclopedia Universal (Great Universal Encyclopedia) and La Historia de Espana (History of Spain).
The companys RCS Periodici offers magazines, which comprises approximately twenty weekly and monthly titles in Italy, published by RCS Periodici and Sfera Editore. This division also manages the DARP joint venture with De Agostini.
RCS Periodici is present in the segment of family magazines with Oggi, Visto, Novella 2000, Astra, Vie del Gusto, Domenica Quiz and Domenica Quiz Mese; in the sector of mens magazines with Il Mondo, Capital, Max, LEuropeo, Newton; and in the sector of womens magazines with Amica, Io Donna, Anna, Brava Casa, Casamica.
The companys RCS Libri engages in the book publishing sector in Italy, under Rizzoli, Fabbri, Bompiani, BUR, Sonzogno, Marsilio, Coccinella, Adelphi of which it owns 48%, R.L., in joint venture with the Longanesi group; in France, under Flammarion group including Edition Flammarion, J'ai lu, Casterman; and the United States, under Rizzoli and Universe. The company also operates in the textbook and professional publishing sector, under Fabbri, Etas, La Nuova Italia, Sansoni, Tramontana, Oxford, Calderini, Edagricola, Markes, Educazione & Scuola, Edizioni del Quadrifoglio, Garamond. The company also operates in the legal, university and professional publishing sector (La Tribuna); in the reference sector (Rizzoli-Larousse joint venture); and in the partworks sector (in Italy and abroad, mainly via Fabbri).
Fiction and non fiction Italy: Its publications include La forza della ragione (The force of reason) and Oriana Fallaci intervista Oriana Fallaci (Oriana Fallaci interviews Oriana Fallaci) both by Oriana Fallaci, La misteriosa fiamma della regina Loana (Queen Loana's mysterious flame) by Umberto Eco, Life by Paulo Coelho, Giro di vento (Gust of wind) and Eragon by Christopher Paolini.
Fiction and non fiction France: The books reporting in the Fiction and non fiction France were manuals, comic books and books for adolescents. The most successful titles in 2004 were: Soeur Emmanuelle (Sister Emmanuelle), Savoir Manger (Know how to eat), the collection Docs de choc (Shock papers) and the new releases Je voudrais que quelqun mattende de quelque part (I wish someone was waiting for me somewhere) by A. Gavalda, TinTin et lAlphArt (Tin and Alph'Art), as well as the new TV-related series by Jungle.
Partworks: In the companys Partworks segment the releases were the
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. RCS MEDIAGROUP S.P.A COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. RCS MEDIAGROUP S.P.A BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. RCS MEDIAGROUP S.P.A SWOT ANALYSIS
4. RCS MEDIAGROUP S.P.A FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. RCS MEDIAGROUP S.P.A COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. RCS MediaGroup S.p.A Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of RCS MediaGroup S.p.A and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of RCS MediaGroup S.p.A and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. RCS MediaGroup S.p.A Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. RCS MediaGroup S.p.A Industry Position Analysis
6. RCS MEDIAGROUP S.P.A NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. RCS MEDIAGROUP S.P.A EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. RCS MEDIAGROUP S.P.A ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. ITALY PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. RCS MEDIAGROUP S.P.A IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. RCS MEDIAGROUP S.P.A PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. RCS MEDIAGROUP S.P.A VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
RCS MediaGroup S.p.A Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
RCS MediaGroup S.p.A Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
RCS MediaGroup S.p.A Major Shareholders
RCS MediaGroup S.p.A History
RCS MediaGroup S.p.A Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
RCS MediaGroup S.p.A Offices and Representations
RCS MediaGroup S.p.A SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
RCS MediaGroup S.p.A Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
RCS MediaGroup S.p.A Capital Market Snapshot
RCS MediaGroup S.p.A Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
RCS MediaGroup S.p.A Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
RCS MediaGroup S.p.A Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
RCS MediaGroup S.p.A Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
RCS MediaGroup S.p.A 1-year Stock Charts
RCS MediaGroup S.p.A 5-year Stock Charts
RCS MediaGroup S.p.A vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
RCS MediaGroup S.p.A vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
RCS MediaGroup S.p.A Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?