- The report contains detailed information about Quebecor Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Quebecor Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Quebecor Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Quebecor Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Quebecor Inc. business.
About Quebecor Inc.
Quebecor Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a communications company primarily in Canada, the United States, Europe, and Latin America, India.
The company operates in five segments: Cable, Newspapers, Broadcasting, Leisure and Entertainment, and Interactive Technologies and Communications.
This segment offers pay television, Internet access, cable telephony and mobile wireless telephony services. The companys cable licenses include licenses for the greater Montréal area. Through Quebecor Media, the company owned, as of December 31, 2008, all of the equity and voting interests in Videotron.
As of December 31, 2008, the company had approximately 1.7 million basic cable customers. Through its broadband coverage, the company also offers digital television and cable Internet access services to approximately 99% of its total homes passed. The company also offers Mobile Virtual Network Operator-based (MVNO-based) mobile wireless telephony services utilizing the GSM/GPRS network of Rogers Wireless Inc. (Rogers Wireless), a subsidiary of Rogers Communications Inc.
The company offers its products and services, which include video-on-demand and selected interactive television services, as a bundled package. Through Le SuperClub Videotron, the company also operates the chain of video and video game rental stores in Québec, with a total of 246 retail locations (of which 208 are franchised).
Products and Services
The company offers its customers analog cable television services and programming, as well as new high-bandwidth products and services, such as cable Internet access, digital television, premium programming and selected interactive television services. The company offers cable telephony service in Québec.
Traditional Cable Television Services: Customers subscribing to its traditional analog basic and analog extended basic services generally receive a line-up of 44 channels of television programming, depending on the bandwidth capacity of their local cable system.
The companys analog cable television service offerings include the following:
Basic Service: All of its customers receive a package of basic programming, consisting of local broadcast television stations, the four U.S. commercial networks and PBS, selected Canadian specialty programming services, and local and regional community programming. The companys basic service customers generally receive 26 channels on basic cable.
Extended Basic Service: This expanded programming level of services, which generally comprises approximately 18 channels, includes a package of French- and English-language specialty television programming and the U.S. cable channels in addition to the basic service channel line-up.
Advanced Cable Based Products and Services
The company offers various products and services, including cable Internet access, digital television, cable telephony and selected interactive services.
Cable Internet Access: The company offers cable Internet access to its residential customers primarily via cable modems attached to personal computers. The company provides this service at speeds of up to 360 times the speed of a conventional telephone modem. In 2008, the company also launched and performed a gradual roll-out of its Wideband services, which offer speeds of up to 900 times the speed of a conventional telephone modem.
Digital Television: The company has installed head end equipment capable of delivering digitally encoded transmissions to a two-way digital-capable set-top box in the customers home. The companys basic digital package includes 25 television channels, 45 audio services providing CD-quality music, 16 AM/FM radio channels, an interactive programming guide, as well as television-based e-mail capability. The companys extended digital basic television offering, branded as à la carte (i.e., individual channel selections), offers customers the ability to select approximately 200 additional channels of their choice, including the U.S. super-stations and other special entertainment programs, allowing them to customize their choices. The company also offers pre-packaged
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. QUEBECOR INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. QUEBECOR INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. QUEBECOR INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. QUEBECOR INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. QUEBECOR INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Quebecor Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Quebecor Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Quebecor Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Quebecor Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Quebecor Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. QUEBECOR INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. QUEBECOR INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. QUEBECOR INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. QUEBECOR INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. QUEBECOR INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. QUEBECOR INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Quebecor Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Quebecor Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Quebecor Inc. Major Shareholders
Quebecor Inc. History
Quebecor Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Quebecor Inc. Offices and Representations
Quebecor Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Quebecor Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Quebecor Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Quebecor Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Quebecor Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Quebecor Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Quebecor Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Quebecor Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Quebecor Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Quebecor Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Quebecor Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Quebecor Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?