- The report contains detailed information about Playboy Enterprises Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Playboy Enterprises Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Playboy Enterprises Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Playboy Enterprises Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Playboy Enterprises Inc. business.
About Playboy Enterprises Inc.
Playboy Enterprises, Inc. operates as a media and lifestyle company.
The company operates through three segments: Entertainment, Print/Digital, and Licensing.
Entertainment Group operations include the production, marketing and sales of programming under the Playboy, Spice and other brand names, which are distributed through various channels, including domestic and international TV and satellite radio.
The companys Entertainment Group develops, produces, acquires and distributes a range of lifestyle and adult television programming for its domestic and international TV networks, pay-per-view, or PPV, subscription pay-per-month, or PPM, video-on-demand, or VOD, subscription video-on-demand, or SVOD, subscription package, or Tier, and also has historically produced and distributed content for worldwide DVD products.
The companys proprietary productions include magazine-format shows, reality-based and dramatic series, documentaries, live events and celebrity and Playmate programs. Its programming is featured in various formats. The company has produced various shows that air on the domestic and international Playboy TV networks and are distributed internationally in countries where the company does not have networks. The companys original series programming includes Foursome, King of Clubs, Naughty Amateur Home Videos, Search for the Perfect Girlfriend, Shoot Out, and 69 Sexy Things to Do Before You Die. Additionally, the company develops, co-produces, and/or licenses shows and series to air on third-party networks, including The Girls Next Door and Kendra on E! Entertainment Television, and mainstream motion pictures, including The House Bunny and Miss March.
As of December 31, 2009, the company's domestic library of primarily exclusive, Playboy-branded original programming for broadcasting on Playboy TV worldwide totaled approximately 3,500 hours. In addition to investing in original productions, the company also acquires adult movies in various editing standards. A majority of the programming that airs on its Spice Digital Networks is licensed, on an exclusive basis, from third parties.
The companys programming is delivered to direct-to-home, or DTH, and cable system operators and telephone companies, or Telcos, through satellite transponders and outside content processors. In 2008, the company entered into a services agreement with Broadcast Facilities, Inc., or BFI, under which BFI provides the company with certain satellite transmission and other related services (including compression, uplink and playback) for its domestic cable channels.
The company operates domestic TV networks, which consist of Playboy TV, Playboy TV en Español, and the Spice Digital Networks.
The companys primary service is Playboy TV, with a programming mix that includes various originally produced and exclusively licensed content.
Playboy TV en Español is a Spanish language network. It consists primarily of locally produced, proprietary Spanish-language and other original Spanish-language content, but also shares some content with its domestic Playboy TV network.
Spice Digital Networks feature adult movies under exclusive licenses from adult studios and other sources. These adult movie networks offer a distinct thematic focus and are available in various editing standards.
The companys domestic TV content is distributed primarily through cable, e.g., Comcast and Time Warner Cable; DTH, e.g., DirecTV and EchoStar; and Telcos, e.g., AT&T and Verizon, which distribute television via phone and/or fiber-optic lines.
The companys TV networks are available either as linear channels or as part of a VOD service. The companys linear channels, offered on cable, DTH and Telco platforms, are television networks with regularly scheduled content distributed through a single network feed to all homes at the same time. VOD and SVOD, which are available on cable and Telco platforms, make content available to the consumer through a television interface at any time the consumer chooses to view it. The company transmits in digital, and the majority of deliver
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PLAYBOY ENTERPRISES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PLAYBOY ENTERPRISES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PLAYBOY ENTERPRISES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PLAYBOY ENTERPRISES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PLAYBOY ENTERPRISES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Playboy Enterprises Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Playboy Enterprises Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Playboy Enterprises Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Playboy Enterprises Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Playboy Enterprises Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PLAYBOY ENTERPRISES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PLAYBOY ENTERPRISES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PLAYBOY ENTERPRISES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PLAYBOY ENTERPRISES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PLAYBOY ENTERPRISES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PLAYBOY ENTERPRISES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Playboy Enterprises Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Playboy Enterprises Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Playboy Enterprises Inc. Major Shareholders
Playboy Enterprises Inc. History
Playboy Enterprises Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Playboy Enterprises Inc. Offices and Representations
Playboy Enterprises Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Playboy Enterprises Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Playboy Enterprises Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Playboy Enterprises Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Playboy Enterprises Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Playboy Enterprises Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Playboy Enterprises Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Playboy Enterprises Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Playboy Enterprises Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Playboy Enterprises Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Playboy Enterprises Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Playboy Enterprises Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?