- The report contains detailed information about PHSL Worldwide Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for PHSL Worldwide Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The PHSL Worldwide Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes PHSL Worldwide Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of PHSL Worldwide Inc. business.
About PHSL Worldwide Inc.
Penthouse International, Inc. (PII), incorporated in Florida in 2001, through its 99.5% owned subsidiary General Media, Inc. (GMI), is a brand-driven global entertainment company established in 1965. The company is in the production and distribution of adult content. Its physical distribution of the company's publications extends to approximately 150,000 points of sale, and it sells approximately eleven million copies annually. The company has also been digitally distributing its proprietary content through Penthouse.com since 1995.
Products and Services
The company has operated three business segments, (i) Publishing, (ii) Online and (iii) Entertainment, consisting primarily of print magazines, its Internet Site at Penthouse.com and Video/DVD movie production and distribution, respectively.
PENTHOUSE MAGAZINE AND THE AFFILIATE PUBLICATIONS
Penthouse magazine was founded by Robert Guccione, who first published the magazine in London in 1965 and in the United States in 1969. Penthouse magazine offers its readers a combination of photography, investigative journalism, fiction, illustration, humor, politics, art and business. The company has five Affiliate Publications which are described below.
Forum: A monthly publication in digest form that includes adult information, advice and entertainment provided by authors, journalists and medical and legal experts. The magazine is published domestically and licensed in Europe and Australia. In addition, the company publishes several special digest issues of Forum each year. Forum is sold at newsstands and through subscriptions.
Variations: A monthly publication in digest form that features articles detailing the latest trends in adult entertainment. In addition, the company publishes several special digest issues of Variations each year. Variations is sold at newsstands and through subscriptions.
The Girls of Penthouse: A bi-monthly full-sized publication featuring photographs of the most popular models who have appeared in Penthouse magazine. The Girls of Penthouse is sold at newsstands and through subscriptions.
Penthouse Letters: A monthly full-sized publication featuring letters written by readers describing their erotic experiences and fantasies. Penthouse Letters is sold at newsstands and through subscriptions.
Penthouse magazine and the Affiliate Publications are primarily sold through newsstand distribution by convenience stores, bookstores and newsstands. Penthouse magazine also includes advertising for the company's own products, primarily its own pay-per-call telephone lines, Video/DVD's, internet products and pay-per-view programming.
FOREIGN EDITION LICENSING
In 2002, the company received revenues from licensing agreements with publishers in Australia, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Hong Kong, Hungary, Japan, Korea, Romania, Spain, Taiwan, Thailand and the United Kingdom.
In August 1995, the company launched a pay service, Penthousemag.com, on the Internet. Customers are sold a membership ranging from 3 days to one year, at prices ranging from $2.95 to $120.00. The membership gives the customer access to adult-oriented photographs, video feeds and chat rooms via a personal identification number that expires according to the membership period selected. The company also hosts several other third party Internet sites that also provide adult-oriented entertainment. Under these agreements, the company provides a banner on its Internet Site as well as hosting and billing services for these third party providers who are responsible for the content and maintenance of their site.
The company's entertainment segment produces and distributes adult-oriented entertainment products, including video/DVD movies, pay-per-view programming and pay-per-call telephone lines. The company develops, produces and distributes products for the domestic and international home video/DVD markets. In 1999, the company entered into an agreement with Image Entertainment, whereby it licensed the domestic distribution of its catalog titles on DVD for a non-recoupable up-front license fee of $0.9 million and a royalty fee based on the number of units sold. In June 1999 the company also entered into an agreement with Image Entertainment, whereby it licensed the domestic distribution of its full length feature film, Caligula, on DVD for a recoupable up-front license fee of $0.1 million against a royalty fee based on the number of units sold thereafter. The video cassettes and DVD's are also offered for sale through the Penthouse store on the company's internet site and are advertised in the company's magazines. These videos are generally approximately 60 minutes in length, have a level of explicitness greater than 'R' and feature Penthouse centerfold models.
The company also provides adult-oriented entertainment through pay-per-call telephone lines which feature both recorded audio programs and live operators on 900 and 800 number telephone lines. The company's recorded audio programs are created and broadcast by independent service bureaus.
The company's 900 number telephone lines are romantic in nature and feature programs where users can listen to computerized conversations, speak with live operators and participate in live one-on-one talk, dating and chat lines.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PHSL WORLDWIDE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PHSL WORLDWIDE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PHSL WORLDWIDE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PHSL WORLDWIDE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PHSL WORLDWIDE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. PHSL Worldwide Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of PHSL Worldwide Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of PHSL Worldwide Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. PHSL Worldwide Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. PHSL Worldwide Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PHSL WORLDWIDE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PHSL WORLDWIDE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PHSL WORLDWIDE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PHSL WORLDWIDE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PHSL WORLDWIDE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PHSL WORLDWIDE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
PHSL Worldwide Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
PHSL Worldwide Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
PHSL Worldwide Inc. Major Shareholders
PHSL Worldwide Inc. History
PHSL Worldwide Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
PHSL Worldwide Inc. Offices and Representations
PHSL Worldwide Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
PHSL Worldwide Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
PHSL Worldwide Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
PHSL Worldwide Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
PHSL Worldwide Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
PHSL Worldwide Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
PHSL Worldwide Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
PHSL Worldwide Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
PHSL Worldwide Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
PHSL Worldwide Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
PHSL Worldwide Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
PHSL Worldwide Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?