- The report contains detailed information about Pearson plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Pearson plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Pearson plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Pearson plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Pearson plc business.
About Pearson plc
Pearson plc, a media company, engages in education, business information, and consumer publishing businesses worldwide. The company delivers its content in various forms and through various channels, including books, newspapers and online services. The company offers services, as well as content, from test creation, administration, and processing to teacher development and school software. It primarily operates in the U.S. and Europe.
The company operates through three segments: Pearson Education, The FT Group, and The Penguin Group.
Pearson Education provides educational materials, technologies, assessments and related services to teachers and students of all ages. It also provides electronic learning programs and of test development, processing and scoring services to educational institutions, corporations and professional bodies around the world. It serves the demands of teachers, students, parents and professionals throughout the world for stimulating and education programs in print and online. The company reports Pearson Educations performance in the three segments: North American Education, International Education, and Professional.
North American Education
The companys North American business serves educators and students in the USA and Canada from early education through elementary, middle and high schools and into higher education with a range of products and services: curriculum textbooks and other learning materials; student assessments and testing services; and education technologies. In 2008 the company began to integrate its North American School and Higher Education companies.
The companys North American School business contains a mix of publishing, testing and technology products for the elementary and secondary school markets, which are integrated. The major customers of this business are state education boards and local school districts. The business publishes curriculum programs for school students, at both elementary and secondary level, under imprints including Scott Foresman and Prentice Hall.
The companys school testing business is the provider of test development, processing and scoring services to U.S. states and the federal government. The company is also a provider of electronic learning programs for schools, and of Student Information Systems technology which enables elementary and secondary schools and school districts to record and manage information about student attendance and performance.
The companys North American Higher Education business is the publisher of textbooks and related course materials for colleges and universities in the U.S. The company publishes across all of the main fields of study with imprints, such as Prentice Hall, Addison Wesley, Allyn & Bacon and Benjamin Cummings. The company also has introduced new formats, such as downloadable audio study guides and electronic textbooks, which are sold on subscription. In addition, the company has a custom publishing business, which works with professors to produce textbooks and online resources specifically adapted for their particular course.
The companys International Education business covers educational publishing and related services outside North America. The companys International schools business publishes educational materials in local languages in various countries. The company provides English Language Teaching (ELT) materials for children and adults, published under the Longman imprint.
Outside North America, the company's International higher education business adapts its textbooks and technology services for individual markets, and the company has a local publishing program, with its key markets, including the U.K., Benelux, Mexico, Germany, Hong Kong, Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Japan, and Malaysia.
The company is also a provider of testing, assessment and qualification services in various key markets including, the U.K. under the brand name Edexcel, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Hong Kong, and the Middle East.
The company's Professional education business focuses on publishing and other lea
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PEARSON PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PEARSON PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PEARSON PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PEARSON PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PEARSON PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Pearson plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Pearson plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Pearson plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Pearson plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Pearson plc Industry Position Analysis
6. PEARSON PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PEARSON PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PEARSON PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PEARSON PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PEARSON PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PEARSON PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Pearson plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Pearson plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Pearson plc Major Shareholders
Pearson plc History
Pearson plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Pearson plc Offices and Representations
Pearson plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Pearson plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Pearson plc Capital Market Snapshot
Pearson plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Pearson plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Pearson plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Pearson plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Pearson plc 1-year Stock Charts
Pearson plc 5-year Stock Charts
Pearson plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Pearson plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Pearson plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?