- The report contains detailed information about NTN Buzztime Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for NTN Buzztime Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The NTN Buzztime Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes NTN Buzztime Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of NTN Buzztime Inc. business.
About NTN Buzztime Inc.
NTN Buzztime, Inc engages in the social interactive entertainment business in North America.
Buzztime iTV Network
The companys Buzztime iTV Network focuses on the distribution of its interactive promotional television game network programming approximately 4,000 hospitality venues, such as restaurants and bars throughout North America. Additionally, the company distributes its game content and technology through other third-party consumer platforms, including online, retail games, and books.
The companys iTV Network system uses a 900 MHz wireless Playmaker, a hand-held radio frequency device with a monochrome LCD display and sealed keypad, players use to enter choices and selections. In late 2009, the company launched the Buzztime Mobile Playmaker, an application allows its players to interact in-venue with its game content using iPhones and iPod Touches.
The company operates principally through its Entertainment Division.
The Entertainment Division
The iTV Network distributes various engaging interactive multi-player games, including trivia quiz shows, play-along sports programming, and casino-style and casual games to its Network subscribers. In 2009, the company introduced a downloadable application available on the iPhone. As of December 31, 2009, the company had 3,689 United States Network subscribers and 327 Canadian subscribers.
Game Content and Promotion
The companys primary product is the distribution of various multi-player interactive games as follows:
Trivia Games: The company provides trivia competitions during evening hours when the venues, particularly restaurants and sports bars, tend to be busiest. In addition to game interaction, other consumer features available on the playmaker include real-time sports scores transmitted directly to the units and player chat.
Sports Games: The company has developed and produced various interactive sports games for including Predict the Play sports games. QB1, a live, play-along football game in which players predict the outcome of each play broadcast with in professional and collegiate football games. In addition to its Predict the Play games, the company offers a series of pre-event prediction games. Race Day consists of two game play components: one predictive before the race and one trivia during the race.
Turn Based Games: The company has released a series of new turn based games. Primary products include multi-player card games Blackjack and Texas Holdem poker.
Playmaker Games: The company also offers a suite of Playmaker games. This suite of games is independent of the Buzztime iTV Network and they are played directly on its wireless Playmakers.
Buzztime iTV Customers
The companys customers include Buffalo Wild Wings, together with its franchisees.
iSports: In 2009, the company acquired from iSports Inc., or iSports, its assets, including technology and other intangible assets, used in the conduct of its business as a provider of mobile sports and entertainment content.
i-am TV: In 2009, the company acquired from Instant Access Media, LLC, or i-am TV, certain of its assets used in the conduct of i-am TV's business as a provider of out-of-home entertainment programming and advertising to hospitality venues.
The companys competitors in the bar and restaurant games market include Touchtunes Interactive Networks and The Answer Is . . . Productions Inc.
The company was founded in 1984. It was formerly known as Alroy Industries and changed its name to NTN Communications, Inc. in 1985. Further, it changed its name to NTN Buzztime, Inc. in 2005.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NTN BUZZTIME INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NTN BUZZTIME INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NTN BUZZTIME INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NTN BUZZTIME INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NTN BUZZTIME INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. NTN Buzztime Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of NTN Buzztime Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of NTN Buzztime Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. NTN Buzztime Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. NTN Buzztime Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NTN BUZZTIME INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NTN BUZZTIME INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NTN BUZZTIME INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NTN BUZZTIME INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NTN BUZZTIME INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NTN BUZZTIME INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
NTN Buzztime Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
NTN Buzztime Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
NTN Buzztime Inc. Major Shareholders
NTN Buzztime Inc. History
NTN Buzztime Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
NTN Buzztime Inc. Offices and Representations
NTN Buzztime Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
NTN Buzztime Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
NTN Buzztime Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
NTN Buzztime Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
NTN Buzztime Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
NTN Buzztime Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
NTN Buzztime Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
NTN Buzztime Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
NTN Buzztime Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
NTN Buzztime Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
NTN Buzztime Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
NTN Buzztime Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?