- The report contains detailed information about Next Media Limited that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Next Media Limited. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Next Media Limited financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Next Media Limited competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Next Media Limited business.
About Next Media Limited
Next Media Limited operates as the Chinese-language print media company in Hong Kong. The company publishes one newspaper and four magazines in Hong Kong, namely Apple Daily, Next Magazine, Easy Finder, Sudden Weekly and Eat &Travel Weekly. It also engages in printing and Internet business. The printing business mainly serves the companys magazines and newspaper. The Internet business provides fee-charging content with the content coming principally from the companys magazines and newspaper.
The company operates in four divisions that include News Paper Publication and Printing, Books and Magazines Publication, Books and Magazines Printing, and Internet Content Provision and Advertising.
News Paper Publication and Printing Division
The News Paper Publication and Printing division offers Apple Daily and Taiwan Apple Daily. It also engages in the newspaper printing. It operates in Hong Kong and Taiwan.
Apple Daily: The company offers Apple Daily, which is a Chinese-language newspaper in Hong Kong.
Taiwan Apple Daily: Taiwan Apple Daily is printed in-house with its two printing presses situated in Shinwu of Tao Yuan (near Taipei) and Kao Hsiung.
Newspaper Printing: Apple Daily Printing Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the company, provides printing services to complement Apple Daily's business in Hong Kong. It owns the printing facilities with five single-width and one double-width coldest presses producing full-color editorial photography, graphics and advertising. It also provides printing service to external customers to utilize its presses.
Books and Magazines Publication Division
The company, in this division, publishes five Chinese language magazines in Hong Kong and Taiwan that includes: Next Magazine, Taiwan Next Magazine, Easy Finder, Sudden Weekly, and Eat & Travel Weekly.
Next Magazine: Next Magazine is a weekly mass market, general interest, news and lifestyle magazine containing information on social, political, business matters, current affairs and entertainment in Hong Kong. Next Magazine consists of two booklets. The first booklet is contains news and commentary. The second booklet features entertainment and lifestyle information.
Taiwan Next Magazine: It is a Chinese-language weekly magazine. It is a weekly mass market general interest, news and lifestyle magazine covering social, political, business matters, entertainment and current affairs in Taiwan.
Sudden Weekly: Sudden Weekly is a leisure magazine with short features on and interviews with stars and celebrities in Hong Kong, entertainment news and shopping guides as well as a special section focusing on women's issues.
Eat & Travel Weekly: Eat & Travel Weekly is a leisure magazine in Hong Kong focusing on food, health and fitness and travelling.
Easy Finder: Easy Finder is a Chinese language trend and fashion magazine targeted at young adults. Its layout and informative content appeals to both male and female readers.
Book Publishing: The companys wholly-owned subsidiary, Next Publications Limited, publishes the Chinese-language fiction and non-fiction books. Its list includes works by local authors, as well as others previously published in the company's magazines and newspaper. It has published approximately 590 titles in various categories, such as novels, healthcare and feng shui. It also produces translations of foreign books, such as Fit for Life by Harvey Diamond and Marilyn Diamond.
Books and Magazines Printing Division
The regions of operations for this division include Hong Kong, Taiwan, North America, Europe, and Australia.
Paramount Printing Company Limited primarily prints all magazines that are published by the company. It also prints books, calendars, catalogues and a various other promotional literature and offers design and artwork services to local and overseas clients.
The company has invested in printing facilities for full-color advertising, editorial photography and graphics. They include four heatset offset lithographic web presses (printing machines which use the lithographic printing process to print onto reels of paper) and eight coldset offset sheet-fed lithography presses (printing machines used to print onto sheets of paper using a secondary cylinder).
Internet Content Provision and Advertising Division
The companys online portal atnext.com offers online versions of the popular publications.
Next Media Limited was incorporated in the year 1981.
1. NEXT MEDIA LIMITED COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NEXT MEDIA LIMITED BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NEXT MEDIA LIMITED SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NEXT MEDIA LIMITED FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NEXT MEDIA LIMITED COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Next Media Limited Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Next Media Limited and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Next Media Limited and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Next Media Limited Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Next Media Limited Industry Position Analysis
6. NEXT MEDIA LIMITED NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NEXT MEDIA LIMITED EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NEXT MEDIA LIMITED ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. NEXT MEDIA LIMITED PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NEXT MEDIA LIMITED PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. NEXT MEDIA LIMITED VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Next Media Limited Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Next Media Limited Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Next Media Limited Major Shareholders
Next Media Limited History
Next Media Limited Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Next Media Limited Offices and Representations
Next Media Limited SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Next Media Limited Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Next Media Limited Capital Market Snapshot
Next Media Limited Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Next Media Limited Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Next Media Limited Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
Next Media Limited Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Next Media Limited 1-year Stock Charts
Next Media Limited 5-year Stock Charts
Next Media Limited vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Next Media Limited vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Next Media Limited Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?