- The report contains detailed information about New Frontier Media Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for New Frontier Media Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The New Frontier Media Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes New Frontier Media Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of New Frontier Media Inc. business.
About New Frontier Media Inc.
New Frontier Media, Inc. engages in the transactional television and the distribution of general motion picture entertainment. The companys customers include cable and satellite operators, premium movie channel providers, and major Hollywood studios. It distributes content worldwide.
The companys three principal businesses are Transactional TV; Film Production; and Direct-to-Consumer.
Transactional TV Segment
The Transactional TV segment distributes adult content to cable and satellite operators who then distribute the content to retail customers via pay-per-view (PPV) and video-on-demand (VOD) technology. VOD distribution primarily occurs through cable multiple system operators (MSOs) and telephone company operators that also provides television services. It also distributes adult entertainment programming through nine 24/7 PPV channels. The companys PPV programming is offered on channels that are available to viewers through the same electronic program guides that display basic cable channels. This segment distributes content to various television providers in the United States, including providers of direct broadcast satellite (DBS) services and operators of cable television systems.
The Transactional TV segment delivers its PPV video programming to cable and satellite operators via satellite from its Digital Broadcast Center (DBC) in Boulder, Colorado. The segment maintains a satellite transponder lease agreement for 1 full-time digital transponder with a bandwidth of approximately 36 MHz on the Galaxy 23 satellite and approximately 9 MHz on the NSS 806 satellite. The signal of the satellites that the company uses cover the continental U.S., Alaska, Hawaii, Latin America, and portions of the Caribbean Islands and Canada. The Transactional TV segment delivers its VOD service to cable MSOs via transport providers, such as TVN Entertainment Corporation. In addition, its Transactional TV segment has agreements with iN DEMAND L.L.C., and Global Digital Media Xchange to deliver VOD content to other cable MSOs.
Competition: The companys primary competitors in this segment include Playboy Enterprises, Inc. and Hustler TV.
Film Production Segment
The Film Production segment distributes mainstream content to cable and satellite operators, premium movie channel providers, and other international content distributors.
The Film Production segment has two principal businesses: the production and distribution of original motion pictures, such as erotic thrillers, horror movies, and erotic, event styled content (owned content); and the distribution of third party films where the company acts as a sales agent for the product (repped content). This segment also periodically provides contract film production services to Hollywood studios (producer-for-hire arrangements).
The Film Production segment produces and distributes its owned content for three primary customer groups. The first customer group consists of cable MSO and DBS service providers. The companys owned content that is distributed through PPV appears on unbranded linear channels with in the mainstream or adult PPV movie location of the platform's electronic programming guide. Content that is distributed through VOD appears with in menu categories, such as uncensored. The second customer group for its owned content distribution consists of premium movie service providers, such as Cinemax and Showtime. The premium movie service providers license and distribute the content as part of their late-night programming and with in their subscription VOD product. Third customer group consists of various international distributors, including international premium movie service providers. These international distributors typically re-distribute the content to end-users.
The Film Production segment has established relationships with independent mainstream film producers. The company acts as a sales agent for the film producers and licenses both domestic and international rights to their movies under Lightning Entertainment Group. The company also licenses titles under its Mainline Releasing Group.
Competition: The company competes primarily with a privately-owned company and other branded content, such as Girls Gone Wild and Jerry Springer Uncensored.
The Direct-to-Consumer segment distributes adult content to consumer Web sites. Content for the Web sites is primarily obtained through licensing agreements executed by its Transactional TV segment for broadcast rights. This segment also launched a test initiative related to the development of a set-top box. Through the set-top box, consumers could access content through the Internet and view the content on their television.
The companys major customers include Comcast Corporation (Comcast), DIRECTV Group (DirecTV), DISH Network (DISH), and Time Warner Cable Inc. (Time Warner).
In 2010, the company discontinued the operations of the IPTV business model.
On August 04, 2010, New Frontier Media Inc. executed five years license agreement to rebrand and distribute three new international linear pay-per-view (PPV) channels. The satellite footprint for the channels covers Europe, the Middle East and areas of northern Africa. The new channels would primarily target cable, IPTV, digital terrestrial, and satellite platforms in Europe.
New Frontier Media, Inc. was founded in 1988.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NEW FRONTIER MEDIA INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NEW FRONTIER MEDIA INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NEW FRONTIER MEDIA INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NEW FRONTIER MEDIA INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NEW FRONTIER MEDIA INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. New Frontier Media Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of New Frontier Media Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of New Frontier Media Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. New Frontier Media Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. New Frontier Media Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NEW FRONTIER MEDIA INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NEW FRONTIER MEDIA INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NEW FRONTIER MEDIA INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NEW FRONTIER MEDIA INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NEW FRONTIER MEDIA INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NEW FRONTIER MEDIA INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
New Frontier Media Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
New Frontier Media Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
New Frontier Media Inc. Major Shareholders
New Frontier Media Inc. History
New Frontier Media Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
New Frontier Media Inc. Offices and Representations
New Frontier Media Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
New Frontier Media Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
New Frontier Media Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
New Frontier Media Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
New Frontier Media Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
New Frontier Media Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
New Frontier Media Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
New Frontier Media Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
New Frontier Media Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
New Frontier Media Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
New Frontier Media Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
New Frontier Media Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?