- The report contains detailed information about National Lampoon Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for National Lampoon Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The National Lampoon Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes National Lampoon Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of National Lampoon Inc. business.
About National Lampoon Inc.
National Lampoon, Inc. engages in the development, production, and distribution of National Lampoon branded comedic content through various media platforms.
The companys media platforms include: hosting 60 Internet Websites through which it sells advertising space and branded products; licensing both its name and comedic content from its library for various uses, including movies, television programming, radio broadcasts, recordings, electronic games and live events; reaching approximately 2 million college students in their dormitories and other places of residence through National Lampoon Network, its network of approximately 200 affiliated college and other television stations; and develops and writes comedic content and licenses its brand for the publication of National Lampoon books.
Motion Picture Production and Distribution
The company produces feature films. The company has 14% interest in Red Rock Pictures Holdings, Inc. (Red Rock). Red Rock provides financing and consulting services related to the production and exploitation of motion pictures. It completed production on two films in partnership with Red Rock, National Lampoons Bag Boy and National Lampoons Ratko, the Dictators Son. It has distribution rights for seven films produced by unrelated third parties.
The company has an interest in National Lampoon Clubhouse, Inc., a production entity, which produced the film Monster Night aka Trick or Treat. During 2007, the company licensed the domestic and foreign video sales to a sub-distributor. It has motion picture output agreements with a domestic home video distributor and a cable television broadcast company. The company has agreements with independent third parties for the limited platform theatrical release and subsequent distribution of its films to home entertainment. As of July 31, 2008, the company released five films into a limited number of theaters to promote the rental and sale on DVD.
National Lampoon Networks
National Lampoon Networks, Inc. (NLN) includes the companys Internet, television and field marketing activities. The company has customers in various industries, including the beverage, motion pictures, mobile phone and pharmaceutical industries. NLNs Internet properties consist of various Internet destination sites, including NationalLampoon.com, DrunkUniversity.com, TOGATV.com, and KnuckleheadVideo.com. These destination sites are also part of the National Lampoon Humor Network, an aggregated network of humor destinations on the Internet. The companys National Lampoon online networks has approximately 200 affiliate Websites and have acquired or launched approximately 60 Websites.
The company launched the National Lampoon Video Network where it entered into content distribution agreements with various Internet video portals, including AOL, Joost, Veoh, Yahoo!, YouTube and others. Its video network partners sell advertising space, including video streaming. NLN's television activities include delivering programming during the standard academic school year to approximately 200 affiliated college and other television stations, reaching approximately two million college students in their dormitories and other places of residence. NLN develops, produces and distributes comedic Internet and television programming to audiences through its network.
As of July 31, 2008, the company had released 12 books, including National Lampoon's Saddam Dump [Saddam Hussein's Trial Blog], National Lampoon's Magazine Rack, National Lampoon's Jokes Jokes Jokes, National Lampoon's Not Fit For Print , National Lampoon's Favorite Cartoons of the 21 st Century, National Lampoon's Van Wilder Guide to Graduating College In Eight Years or More, National Lampoon's Road Trip , National Lampoon's Animal House, National Lampoon's Help!, National Lampoon's Jokes Jokes Jokes 2, National Lampoon's Balls! and National Lampoon's Pimp it Yourself.
The company holds 25% interest in NL Radio, LLC, which launched an entertainment radio format under its brand. The company has licensed the content of its radio library, as well as certain domain names, urls and Web sites, to NL Radio, LLC for this purpose. NL Radio, LLC used samples of the programming, called pilot programming, to introduce the format and content to radio networks and local stations. The programming was launched on XM radio in 2007. The companys radio library includes approximately 80 hours of National Lampoon radio programming consisting primarily of one to two minute short comedy routines and one hour comedy sketches and parodies.
National Lampoon, Inc. was founded in 1967.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. NATIONAL LAMPOON INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. NATIONAL LAMPOON INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. NATIONAL LAMPOON INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. NATIONAL LAMPOON INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. NATIONAL LAMPOON INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. National Lampoon Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of National Lampoon Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of National Lampoon Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. National Lampoon Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. National Lampoon Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. NATIONAL LAMPOON INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. NATIONAL LAMPOON INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. NATIONAL LAMPOON INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. NATIONAL LAMPOON INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. NATIONAL LAMPOON INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. NATIONAL LAMPOON INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
National Lampoon Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
National Lampoon Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
National Lampoon Inc. Major Shareholders
National Lampoon Inc. History
National Lampoon Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
National Lampoon Inc. Offices and Representations
National Lampoon Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
National Lampoon Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
National Lampoon Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
National Lampoon Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
National Lampoon Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
National Lampoon Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
National Lampoon Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
National Lampoon Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
National Lampoon Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
National Lampoon Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
National Lampoon Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
National Lampoon Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?