- The report contains detailed information about Meredith Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Meredith Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Meredith Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Meredith Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Meredith Corp. business.
About Meredith Corp.
Meredith Corporation, a media and marketing company, engages in magazine publishing and related brand licensing, television broadcasting, integrated marketing, interactive media, and video production related operations.
The company operates two business segments, National Media and Local Media.
The National Media segment includes magazine publishing, brand licensing, integrated marketing, interactive media, database-related activities, and other related operations.
Magazines: The company publishes approximately 120 special interest publications under approximately 80 titles, primarily under the Better Homes and Gardens brand. Titles are published include 100 Decorating Ideas Under $100, American Patchwork & Quilting, Beautiful Homes, Country Gardens, Diabetic Living, Do It Yourself, Heart Healthy Living, Kitchen and Bath Ideas, Kitchen & Bath Makeover, Quilts & More, Remodel, Renovation Style, and Scrapbooks.
Magazine Advertising: The company sells two primary types of magazine advertising: display and direct-response. Advertisements are either run-of-press (printed along with the editorial portions of the magazine) or inserts (preprinted pages).
Magazine Circulation: All of the companys subscription magazines, except American Baby, Ser Padres, and Successful Farming, are sold by single copy. Single copies sold on newsstands are distributed primarily through magazine wholesalers, who have the right to receive credit from the company for magazines returned to them by retailers.
Meredith Interactive Media
Meredith's 30 Web sites provide ideas and inspiration to an average of 20 million visitors each month. These branded websites focus on the topics that women care about most, food, home, and entertaining and meeting the needs of moms; and on delivering content geared toward lifestyle topics, such as health, beauty, style, and wellness.
Meredith Integrated Marketing: The company sells a range of customer relationship marketing services, including direct, database, custom publishing, digital, and word-of-mouth marketing to corporate customers. Its clients include Kraft, Nestle, DirecTV, Honda Motors, Chrysler, Publix, and Kia Motors America.
Brand Licensing: The company has a multi-year licensing agreement with Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (Wal-Mart) for the design, marketing, and retailing of a range of home products based on the Better Homes and Gardens brand. It has entered into a long-term agreement to license the Better Homes and Gardens brand to Realogy Corporation, who is building a residential real estate franchise system based on the Better Homes and Gardens brand; a licensing agreement with Universal Furniture International, which includes a line of wooden and upholstered furniture for living rooms, bedrooms, and dining rooms; and a partnership with Five Star Mattress for a Better Homes and Gardens mattress collection.
The companys titles are distributed in approximately 60 countries, including 20 licensed local editions, such as Better Homes and Gardens in Australia, China, and India; Parents in China, Greece, Indonesia, and Turkey; and Diabetic Living in Australia and Italy.
Meredith Books: The company has a licensing agreement, granting John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (Wiley) global rights to publish and distribute books based on its consumer-leading brands, including the Better Homes and Gardens imprint. Wiley is responsible for book layout and design, printing, sales and marketing, distribution, and inventory management.
The Local Media segment consists primarily of the operations of network-affiliated television stations, related interactive media operations, and video production related operations.
This segment includes 12 network-affiliated television stations located across the United States (U.S.) and 1 AM radio station. The television stations consist of six CBS affiliates, three FOX affiliates, two MyNetworkTV affiliates, and one NBC affiliate. The local media segment also includes approximately 35 Web sites and mobile applications, and video production related operations.
The companys activities include local advertising focusing on the immediate geographic area of the stations; national advertising; retransmission of its television signal to satellite and cable systems; advertising on the stations Web sites; and other services, such as the production of advertising materials. The stations sell commercial time to both local/regional and national advertisers. The company's FOX affiliates also pay the FOX network for additional advertising spots during prime-time programming.
Meredith Video Studios (MVS) produces broadcast-quality video for use by the companys television stations and its local and national media Web sites. Its video sites, Better.tv and Parents.tv, offer various ways for users to interact with its content. Better.tv features approximately 20 channels of video information on topics, including food, family, home, style, entertainment, fitness, and health. Parents.tv provides all-original parenting content based on the editorial backbone of Parents, American Baby, and Family Circle magazines. Sponsorship opportunities include video billboards, product integration, channel sponsorships, and custom videos.
In July 2010, the company completed its acquisition of The Hyperfactory, an international mobile marketing company that focuses on powering businesses and brands through the mobile medium.
Meredith Corporation was founded in 1902.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MEREDITH CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MEREDITH CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MEREDITH CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MEREDITH CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MEREDITH CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Meredith Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Meredith Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Meredith Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Meredith Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Meredith Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. MEREDITH CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MEREDITH CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MEREDITH CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MEREDITH CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MEREDITH CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MEREDITH CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Meredith Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Meredith Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Meredith Corp. Major Shareholders
Meredith Corp. History
Meredith Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Meredith Corp. Offices and Representations
Meredith Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Meredith Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Meredith Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Meredith Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Meredith Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Meredith Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Meredith Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Meredith Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Meredith Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Meredith Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Meredith Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Meredith Corp. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?