- The report contains detailed information about Mediacom Communications Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Mediacom Communications Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Mediacom Communications Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Mediacom Communications Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Mediacom Communications Corp. business.
About Mediacom Communications Corp.
Mediacom Communications Corporation operates as a cable company in the United States. The company offers various products and services, including video-on-demand (VOD), high-definition television (HDTV), digital video recorders (DVR), high-speed data (HSD) and a phone service.
As of December 31, 2009, the company served approximately 1.24 million basic subscribers, 678,000 digital video customers, 778,000 high-speed data (HSD) customers and 287,000 phone customers, aggregating 2.98 million revenue generating units (RGUs). It also offered bundle of video, HSD, and phone services to approximately 2.80 million homes passed in 22 states. The company also provides communications services to commercial and large enterprise customers, and sells advertising time it receives under programming license agreements to local, regional, and national advertisers.
Products and Services
The company offers various services over its cable systems, including video, HSD and phone services, marketed individually and in bundled packages.
The company designs its channel line-ups for each system according to demographics, programming preferences, channel capacity, competition, price sensitivity and local regulation.
Broadcast Basic Service: Broadcast basic service includes, for a monthly fee, 12 to 20 local broadcast channels, network and independent stations, limited satellite-delivered programming and local public, government, home-shopping and leased access channels.
Family Basic Service: Family basic service includes, for an additional monthly fee, 40 to 55 additional satellite-delivered channels, such as CNN, Discovery, ESPN, Lifetime, MTV, TNT, and the USA Network. As of December 31, 2009, the company had 1.24 million basic subscribers.
Digital Service: The company offers programming packages that include digital basic channels, multichannel premium services, sports channels, digital music channels, an interactive on-screen program guide and full access to its VOD library. As of December 31, 2009, the company had 678,000 digital customers.
Video-On-Demand: Mediacom On Demand, the companys VOD service, provides on-demand access to approximately 4,700 movies, special events and general interest titles and is available to 89% of its digital customers. Subscription-based VOD (SVOD) premium packages, such as Starz!, Showtime and HBO are included when customers take such premium programming packages, and movies and other programming can be ordered on a first-run, pay-per-view basis.
High-Definition Television: HDTV features high-resolution picture quality, digital sound quality and a wide-screen, theater-like display when using an HDTV set. Approximately 46 high-definition (HD) channels, including broadcast networks, national cable networks, channels and regional sports networks, are offered to digital customers.
Digital Video Recorders (DVR): The company's DVR service allows digital customers to record and store programming to watch at their convenience, as well as the ability to pause and rewind live television.
The company's service delivers speeds of up to 12 Mbps downstream and 1 Mbps upstream. Customers who take its ViP Pak receive an upgrade to 15 Mbps downstream speeds at no additional cost. The company's Mediacom Online Ultra is a high-speed, or wideband, Internet service. As of December 31, 2009, Mediacom Online Ultra was available to approximately 700,000 homes.
Mediacom Phone is the company's phone service that offers unlimited local, regional, and long-distance calling within the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Canada. Mediacom Phone includes calling features, such as Caller ID with name and number, call waiting, three-way calling, and enhanced Emergency 911 dialing. Directory assistance and voice mail services are available for an additional charge, and international calling is available at competitive rates. As of December 31, 2009, the company marketed phone service to approximately 2.80 million estimated homes passed. As of the same date, it served 287,000 phone customers.
Mediacom Business Services
The company provides video, HSD, and phone, as well as network and transport services, to commercial and large enterprise customers. During 2009, the company began selling multi-line business phone service to small- and medium-sized businesses in most of its service areas. The company offers a bundle of video, HSD and phone services to the business community. It also offers large enterprise customers, who require high-bandwidth connections, solutions, such as the point-to-point circuits required by wireless communications providers and other carrier and wholesale customers.
Direct Broadcast Satellite Providers: The company competes with DBS providers, principally DirecTV, Inc. and DISH Network Corp.
Local Telephone Companies: The company competes with Qwest Inc., Verizon Communications Inc., and AT&T Inc.
Wireless Communication Companies: The companys competitors include AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint.
Mediacom Communications Corporation was founded in 1995.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MEDIACOM COMMUNICATIONS CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MEDIACOM COMMUNICATIONS CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MEDIACOM COMMUNICATIONS CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MEDIACOM COMMUNICATIONS CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MEDIACOM COMMUNICATIONS CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Mediacom Communications Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Mediacom Communications Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Mediacom Communications Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Mediacom Communications Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Mediacom Communications Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. MEDIACOM COMMUNICATIONS CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MEDIACOM COMMUNICATIONS CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MEDIACOM COMMUNICATIONS CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MEDIACOM COMMUNICATIONS CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MEDIACOM COMMUNICATIONS CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MEDIACOM COMMUNICATIONS CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Mediacom Communications Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Mediacom Communications Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Mediacom Communications Corp. Major Shareholders
Mediacom Communications Corp. History
Mediacom Communications Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Mediacom Communications Corp. Offices and Representations
Mediacom Communications Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Mediacom Communications Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Mediacom Communications Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Mediacom Communications Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Mediacom Communications Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Mediacom Communications Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Mediacom Communications Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Mediacom Communications Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Mediacom Communications Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Mediacom Communications Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Mediacom Communications Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Mediacom Communications Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?