- The report contains detailed information about McGraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for McGraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The McGraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes McGraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of McGraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd. business.
About McGraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd.
McGraw-Hill Ryerson Limited publishes and distributes educational and professional products in both print and non-print media. These products are designed to fulfill the individual needs of customers by providing effective and innovative educational and learning solutions. Product offerings include text and professional reference books, multimedia tools, and teaching, assessment, support and monitoring solutions. The company is built on the solid foundations of two respected publishing companies McGraw-Hill Book Company, now known as The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc., and The Ryerson Press.
The Company operates in three primary market areas include Higher Education: post-secondary education, including universities, and community and proprietary colleges; School Division: secondary and elementary schools and Trade, Professional, and Medical Division: general interest non-fiction, business and computer disciplines; training and professional development; and medical.
Higher Education Division
Leading Service and Support Solutions
The Higher Education Division has been developing a suite of faculty support and development services over the past few years. These services include Technology and Teaching conferences, teacher training seminars, and CMS support.
Leading Technology Solutions
The Companys online learning centres are beginning to offer premium content. The Company provides Web CT or Blackboard content cartridges for all titles. A new version of its Primis Online custom content system launched in February 2003 enables professors to create their own custom book or e-book from more content sources than ever before including many new service features.
Canadian Publishing Program
The Canadian publishing program published 48 titles this year. Outstanding performance by marquee titles such as Berkowitz, Marketing, 4/e; Langan, College Writing Skills, 3/e; Jerome, Business Mathematics in Canada, 4/e; Ross, Fundamentals of Corporate Finance, 4/e; McShane, Canadian Organizational Behaviour, 4/e, and Larson, Fundamental Accounting Principles, 10/e, led the program.
Leading Educational Solutions
The Company launched a pilot for an online version of SCIENCEFOCUS 9. The usage and customer feedback from this e-book pilot will serve as a basis for developing future business models for electronic delivery of student materials. The Divisions alliance with Chenelière/McGraw-Hill resulted in the concurrent publication in both English and French of three textbooks for the Ontario Grade 12 curriculum Biologie 12, Chimie 12, Mathematiques et finances personnelles and one for the Alberta science market Convergence 8.
The best-selling titles in the School Division for 2002 include: Holloway/Holloway/Witte/Zuker, Individuals and Families in a Diverse Society; Edwards/Siler/Martin/Liland/Haley/Chetty/ Grace/Brown/Clancy/Jolliffe, SCIENCEFOCUS 8, Canton/Erdman/Irvine/Lim/McLaren/Meisel/ Miller/Speijer, Mathematics of Data Management, Jasper/Lindenberg/Martin/Goldie/Makar/Edgar, SCIENCEFOCUS 9, Knill/Dottori/Collins/Cornwall, MATHPOWER 7, Knill/Dottori/Collins/Forest/Kestell/Macdonald, MATHPOWER 8, Knill/Dottori/Timoteo/Baxter/Fawcett/Forest/ Kennedy/Pasko/Tarini, MATHPOWER 9 W/E, Brosseau/Byers/Erdman/McCudden/Mehler/ Miller/Perivolaris/Saarimaki, and Mathematics: Preparing for College & Apprenticeship.
Trade, Professional, and Medical Division
Key products in the Trade, Professional, and Medical Division include: McGraw-Hill, Encyclopedia of Science & Technology, 20/e, Gittleman, The Fat Flush Plan, Goleman, Primal Leadership, DiPiro, Pharmacotherapy, 5/e, Meyers, A+ Certification, Schaums Outline, French Grammar, Jacks, The 30-Minute Tax Guide and Harrison/Braunwald/Fauci/Kasper/Hauser/ Longo/Jameson, Principles of Internal Medicine, 15/e.
Leading Technology Solutions
Chenelière/McGraw-Hill is a major among Québec publishers. The companys Higher Education Division launched many new products with technology components. Vendeur and Clic-moi are tutorials aimed at students sales and computing. Marketing, 4/e, by Pettigrew and Turgeon, contains a complete technology package including a computer simulation, over 200 PowerPoint® slides, and an electronic newsletter sent to teachers three times each semester.
Key Product Offerings for 2002 include Blake et al., Biologie 12, Mustoe et al., Chimie 12, Brosseau et al., Mathématiques et finances personnelles, Chang, Chimie, 2 édition, Stevenson, La gestion des opérations and Rayport, Commerce électronique.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MCGRAW-HILL RYERSON LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MCGRAW-HILL RYERSON LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MCGRAW-HILL RYERSON LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MCGRAW-HILL RYERSON LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MCGRAW-HILL RYERSON LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. McGraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of McGraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of McGraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. McGraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. McGraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. MCGRAW-HILL RYERSON LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MCGRAW-HILL RYERSON LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MCGRAW-HILL RYERSON LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MCGRAW-HILL RYERSON LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MCGRAW-HILL RYERSON LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MCGRAW-HILL RYERSON LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
McGraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
McGraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
McGraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd. Major Shareholders
McGraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd. History
McGraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
McGraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd. Offices and Representations
McGraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
McGraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
McGraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
McGraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
McGraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
McGraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
McGraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
McGraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
McGraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
McGraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
McGraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
McGraw-Hill Ryerson Ltd. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?