- The report contains detailed information about Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. business.
About Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc.
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. operates as an integrated media and merchandising company.
The companys segments include Publishing; Broadcasting; Internet; and Merchandising.
The Publishing segment consists of operations related to magazine and book publishing.
Martha Stewart Living: The companys magazine, Martha Stewart Living, is a monthly publication. The magazine appeals primarily to the college-educated woman between the ages of 25 and 54 who owns her principal residence. Martha Stewart Living offers lifestyle ideas and original how-to information in a visual, upscale editorial environment.
Martha Stewart Weddings: Martha Stewart Weddings targets the upscale bride and serves as a vehicle for introducing young women to its brands.
Everyday Food: This digest-sized magazine featuring various recipes. It was created for the supermarket shopper and the everyday cook. Everyday Food targets women ages 25 to 49.
Body + Soul: The company has owns Body + Soul magazine and Dr. Andrew Weils Self Healing newsletter (Body & Soul Group), which are publications featuring natural living content. Body & Soul Group also sells a limited line of merchandise related to natural living.
Special Interest Publications: In addition to its periodic magazines, the company publishes special interest magazine editions. Its Special Interest Publications provide advice and ideas around a particular topic in its content areas. In 2009, it published Halloween and Holiday Sweets, and three Body + Soul special interest publications.
The company has a multi-year agreement with Clarkson Potter/Publishers to publish 10 Martha Stewart branded books. In 2009, three books were published under this agreement Martha Stewarts Cupcakes, Martha Stewarts Encyclopedia of Crafts and Martha Stewarts Dinner at Home all of which were on The New York Times bestseller list.
The company has a multi-year agreement with Harper Studio to publish 10 Emeril Lagasse branded books. Two books, Emeril at the Grill and Emeril 20-40-60 were published under this agreement in 2009 and were both on The New York Times bestseller list.
The Broadcasting business segment consists of the operations relating to the production of television programming, the domestic and international distribution of its library of programming in existing and repurposed formats, provision of talent services, and the operations of its satellite radio channel. The company owns the copyrights in the programs it produces for television and radio distribution.
The company offers the Martha Stewart Show as a syndicated daily lifestyle series hosted by Martha Stewart. Filmed in front of a studio audience, the show consists of segments, each featuring inspiring ideas and new projects from various of its core content areas. NBC Universal Domestic Television Distribution distributes the program domestically. Martha Stewart On Demand is available to Comcast, Cablevision, Direct TV, and Cox digital cable customers.
Everyday Food, a half-hour original series inspired by the magazine of the same name, airs weekly on PBS stations nationwide. In 2009, the company announced a new television series, The Emeril Lagasse Show, which would be broadcast on ION Television.
The company has an agreement with Discovery Talent Services LLC pursuant to which Emeril Lagasse provides talent services for the television series Emeril Green airing daily on Discoverys Planet Green network. Additionally, the company acquired certain television agreements in connection with its April 2008 acquisition of specific Emeril Lagasse assets and entered into additional agreements related thereto. Pursuant to these agreements, the company receives talent fees for Emeril Lagasses services provided for the Television Food Network (TVFN) series Essence of Emeril and license fees for the exploitation of the series Emeril Live, as well as fees for ongoing consulting services to TVFN.
Under the terms of the new agreement, Emeril Lagasse is creating a twice weekly show adding to the complement of MSLO experts that create 65 hours of origi
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MARTHA STEWART LIVING OMNIMEDIA INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MARTHA STEWART LIVING OMNIMEDIA INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MARTHA STEWART LIVING OMNIMEDIA INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MARTHA STEWART LIVING OMNIMEDIA INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MARTHA STEWART LIVING OMNIMEDIA INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MARTHA STEWART LIVING OMNIMEDIA INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MARTHA STEWART LIVING OMNIMEDIA INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MARTHA STEWART LIVING OMNIMEDIA INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MARTHA STEWART LIVING OMNIMEDIA INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MARTHA STEWART LIVING OMNIMEDIA INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MARTHA STEWART LIVING OMNIMEDIA INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. Major Shareholders
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. History
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. Offices and Representations
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?