- The report contains detailed information about LodgeNet Interactive Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for LodgeNet Interactive Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The LodgeNet Interactive Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes LodgeNet Interactive Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of LodgeNet Interactive Corporation business.
About LodgeNet Interactive Corporation
LodgeNet Interactive Corporation provides interactive media and connectivity solutions to the hospitality industry in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. The company also provides interactive television solutions in select international markets, primarily through local or regional licensees.
As of December 31, 2009, the company provided interactive media and connectivity solutions to approximately 1.9 million hotel rooms. In addition, the company sells and maintains interactive television systems which provide on-demand patient education, information and entertainment to healthcare facilities throughout the United States. As of December 31, 2009, its systems were installed in 45 healthcare facilities, representing approximately 9,200 beds.
The company's interactive media and connectivity solutions include guest-paid entertainment content, cable television programming, broadband Internet access systems, and professional technical and installation services. The company also provides services for which hotels pay the company a monthly service fee. These offerings include cable television programming and Internet access customer support services, as well as video, Internet, and technical support services. It also delivers advertising-supported media into select segments of its interactive television room base. The company also sells Internet access and interactive television systems and equipment to hotels, including related professional design, project management, and installation services.
In the hospitality market, the company provides its interactive media and connectivity solutions to hotel customers and their guests throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico, and through licensing arrangements with companies in other select countries. The companys hospitality business is focused on: Guest Entertainment services, which includes products guests purchase on a pay-per-view or similar basis, Hotel Services and System Sales and Related Services, which include business-to-business products and services sold directly to hotels and do not involve guest purchases.
Products and Services
Guest Entertainment: The company sells on-demand entertainment content, which the hotel guest buys on a per-view, hourly or daily basis. Its designs, develops, and operates interactive television systems installed at hotel properties.
The companys interactive television systems provide an array of guest entertainment and other interactive services, including on-demand movies; on-demand television programming; on-demand digital music programming; daily subscription sports programming; on-screen controls that allow the guest viewing control and flexibility; and interactive guest marketing and merchandising capabilities. The company provides its interactive television services under contracts with lodging properties which generally are for a term of five to seven years.
Hotel Services, System Sales and Other Services
Television Programming: The company also offers various satellite-delivered television programming paid for by the hotel and provided to guests at no charge. The television programming is delivered via satellite through DIRECTV, pursuant to an agreement, and distributed to guest rooms over the internal hotel network, and typically includes premium channels, such as HBO and Showtime, which broadcast major motion pictures and specialty programming, as well as non-premium channels, such as CNN and ESPN. With the launch of the high-definition configuration of its interactive television system, the company also offers high-definition television programming to the extent available from broadcast sources and DIRECTV. It also sells the system equipment necessary to provide this service to the hotels.
Broadband Internet Access System Sales, Service, and Support: The company also designs, installs, and operates wired and wireless broadband Internet access systems at hotel properties. These systems control access to the Internet, allow hotels to charge or provide the access as a guest amenity and provide bandwidth management tools. It involves in the sale and installation of the equipment and prov
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LODGENET INTERACTIVE CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LODGENET INTERACTIVE CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LODGENET INTERACTIVE CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LODGENET INTERACTIVE CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LODGENET INTERACTIVE CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. LodgeNet Interactive Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of LodgeNet Interactive Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of LodgeNet Interactive Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. LodgeNet Interactive Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. LodgeNet Interactive Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. LODGENET INTERACTIVE CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LODGENET INTERACTIVE CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LODGENET INTERACTIVE CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LODGENET INTERACTIVE CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LODGENET INTERACTIVE CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LODGENET INTERACTIVE CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
LodgeNet Interactive Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
LodgeNet Interactive Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
LodgeNet Interactive Corporation Major Shareholders
LodgeNet Interactive Corporation History
LodgeNet Interactive Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
LodgeNet Interactive Corporation Offices and Representations
LodgeNet Interactive Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
LodgeNet Interactive Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
LodgeNet Interactive Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
LodgeNet Interactive Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
LodgeNet Interactive Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
LodgeNet Interactive Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
LodgeNet Interactive Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
LodgeNet Interactive Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
LodgeNet Interactive Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
LodgeNet Interactive Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
LodgeNet Interactive Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
LodgeNet Interactive Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?