- The report contains detailed information about Knology, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Knology, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Knology, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Knology, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Knology, Inc. business.
About Knology, Inc.
Knology, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides video, voice, data, and advanced communications services to residential and business customers in the United States.
The company provides services over its wholly owned, fully upgraded minimum 750 MHz interactive broadband network. As of December 31, 2009, its network passed approximately 932,834 marketable homes, which are residential and business units passed by broadband network that are listed in its database. As of December 31, 2009, the company had approximately 693,871 total connections.
The company provides a suite of video, voice and data services in certain markets in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Minnesota, South Carolina, South Dakota and Tennessee, which are in the southeastern and midwestern regions of the United States. It offers bundled service to all of its marketable passings.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys network consisted of approximately 13,000 miles of network, passed approximately 932,834 marketable homes and served approximately 693,871 connections. Its interactive broadband network is designed using redundant fiber-optic cables.
Bundled Service Offering
The company offers a solution of video, voice and data services in all of its markets. It offers a range of service bundles designed to address the varying needs and interests of existing and potential customers. The company sells individual services.
The company offers its customers various video services and programming choices. Customers generally pay initial connection charges and fixed monthly fees for video service.
Analog Cable Service: All of its video customers receive a package of basic programming, which generally consists of local broadcast television and local community programming, including public, educational and government access channels. The expanded basic level of programming includes approximately 65 channels of satellite-delivered or non-broadcast channels, such as ESPN, MTV, USA, CNN, The Discovery Channel, Nickelodeon, and various home shopping networks.
Digital Cable Service: This digital level of service includes approximately 210 channels of digital programming, including its expanded basic cable service and approximately 45 music channels. The company has introduced new service offerings, including high definition TV, digital video recorder, video-on-demand and subscription video-on-demand.
Premium Channels: These channels, such as HBO, Showtime, Starz, Encore and Cinemax, provide commercial-free movies, sports and other special event entertainment programming and are available at an additional charge above its expanded basic and digital tiers of services.
The companys voice services include local and long-distance telephone services. The companys telephone packages can be customized to include different combinations of the following core services: local area calling plans; flat-rate local and long-distance plans; calling features; and measured and fixed rate toll packages based on usage. For local service, the company's customers pay a fixed monthly rate, plus additional charges per month for custom and calling features, such as call waiting, caller ID, caller ID on TV and voicemail.
Residential Data Services
The company offers tiered data services to residential customers that include always-on high-speed connections to the Internet using cable modems. Intronet, a high speed service for first-time or dial-up Internet users, is offered at a download speed of one megabit per second. The companys standard Internet product provides a targeted download speed of six megabits per second. The Edge product gives customers a higher download connection speed, offered at eight megabits per second.
The companys data packages include the following: specialized technical support 24 hours a day, seven days a week; access to local content, weather, national news, sports and financial reports; value-added features, such as e-mail accounts, on-line storage, spam protection and parental controls; and a DOCSIS-compliant modem installed by a trained professional.
Business Voice and Data Services
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. KNOLOGY, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. KNOLOGY, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. KNOLOGY, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. KNOLOGY, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. KNOLOGY, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Knology, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Knology, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Knology, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Knology, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Knology, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. KNOLOGY, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. KNOLOGY, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. KNOLOGY, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. KNOLOGY, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. KNOLOGY, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. KNOLOGY, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Knology, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Knology, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Knology, Inc. Major Shareholders
Knology, Inc. History
Knology, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Knology, Inc. Offices and Representations
Knology, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Knology, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Knology, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Knology, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Knology, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Knology, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Knology, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Knology, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Knology, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Knology, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Knology, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Knology, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?