- The report contains detailed information about Image Entertainment, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Image Entertainment, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Image Entertainment, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Image Entertainment, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Image Entertainment, Inc. business.
About Image Entertainment, Inc.
Image Entertainment, Inc. engages in the acquisition, production, and distribution of entertainment programming in North America. The company releases its library of content on various formats and platforms, including DVD, Blu-ray Disc (Blu-ray), digital (video-on-demand, electronic sell-through and streaming), broadcast television, cable, satellite (including VOD and pay-per-view), theatrical and non-theatrical (airplanes, libraries, hotels and cruise ships) exploitation.
The company focuses on a range of general and specialty content, including feature films, theatrical catalogue films, comedy, independent films, music concerts, foreign films, urban, youth culture/lifestyle, theatre, television, documentaries, and gospel. It also acquires rights to audio content for distribution via digital platforms and on CD spread across various genres and configurations.
The companys segments include Domestic (U.S. and Canada); Digital; and International.
Domestic (U.S. and Canada)
The Domestic segment primarily consists of the acquisition, content enhancement and distribution of DVD/Blu-ray content in North America, and the exploitation of its North American broadcast, including cable and satellite, rights. The company is an independent supplier of DVD content in the music, comedy, special interest, episodic television, urban genres.
Many of the companys DVD/Blu-ray titles include special features, enhancements and ancillary materials, such as multiple audio tracks, behind-the-scenes footage, director commentaries, interviews and discographies, some of which it creates through its managed value-added services.
The company markets and exploits its content according to royalty or distribution fee agreements. It manages a range of value-added services for its licensed content and for many of its distributed titles, including packaging design; DVD/Blu-ray authoring and compression; menu design; video master quality control; manufacturing; marketing; sales; music clearance; warehousing; distribution; and for some titles, the addition of enhancements, such as multiple audio tracks, commentaries, foreign language tracks, behind-the-scenes footage, interviews, and discographies.
In February 2010, the company began outsourcing the post-production and creative services necessary to prepare a DVD master and packaging/advertising materials for manufacturing and marketing of its products. Its warehousing and distribution services are provided from a facility located in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin, which is owned and operated by its DVD manufacturer, Arvato Digital Services (Arvato).
The company has a long-term home video distribution agreement with The Criterion Collection to distribute its special edition DVDs. The Criterion Collection, including its related labels Eclipse and Janus Films, contains approximately 470 active DVD titles. The Criterion Collection and its related labels release approximately 50 titles annually.
The company sells its products to traditional retailers, specialty retailers, rental customers, Internet retailers, wholesale distributors, and alternative distribution, which includes direct-to-consumer print catalogs, direct response campaigns, subscription service/club sales, home shopping television channels, other non-traditional sales channels, kiosks, and sub-distributors.
The companys key sell-through customers include Amazon.com, Inc., Best Buy Co., Inc. and Wal-Mart. Its distribution customers are Alliance Entertainment LLC (or AEC), E1 Entertainment, VPD and Ingram Entertainment, Inc. Its rental customers are Blockbuster Inc., Netflix, Inc. and the rental kiosk business of Redbox. In special markets, the companys key customers are Olive Films, Midwest Tapes and Waxworks.
This segment consists of digital distribution of its content via video-on-demand, streaming video and downloading.
The company engages in the wholesale distribution of the digital rights to its library of audio and video content. It has distribution arrangements with retail and consumer-direct entities whose business models include the digital delivery of content. Its digi
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. IMAGE ENTERTAINMENT, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. IMAGE ENTERTAINMENT, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. IMAGE ENTERTAINMENT, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. IMAGE ENTERTAINMENT, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. IMAGE ENTERTAINMENT, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Image Entertainment, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Image Entertainment, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Image Entertainment, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Image Entertainment, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Image Entertainment, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. IMAGE ENTERTAINMENT, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. IMAGE ENTERTAINMENT, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. IMAGE ENTERTAINMENT, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. IMAGE ENTERTAINMENT, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. IMAGE ENTERTAINMENT, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. IMAGE ENTERTAINMENT, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Image Entertainment, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Image Entertainment, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Image Entertainment, Inc. Major Shareholders
Image Entertainment, Inc. History
Image Entertainment, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Image Entertainment, Inc. Offices and Representations
Image Entertainment, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Image Entertainment, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Image Entertainment, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Image Entertainment, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Image Entertainment, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Image Entertainment, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Image Entertainment, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Image Entertainment, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Image Entertainment, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Image Entertainment, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Image Entertainment, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Image Entertainment, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?