- The report contains detailed information about Harris Interactive Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Harris Interactive Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Harris Interactive Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Harris Interactive Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Harris Interactive Inc. business.
About Harris Interactive Inc.
Harris Interactive Inc. operates as a consultative market research company worldwide. The company provides market research and polling services, which include ad-hoc or customized qualitative and quantitative research, service bureau research, (conducted for other market research firms), and long-term tracking studies.
The company serves clients in various industries through research groups, such as business and industrial, which includes the automotive, transportation, travel, tourism, energy, and professional services sectors; consumer goods, which includes restaurants and retail; financial services; healthcare; public affairs and policy, which includes public relations and associations; and technology, media, and telecommunications.
In addition, the company maintains strategic research groups that collaborate with its industry research teams to deliver consultative solutions in various areas: market assessment, product development, brand and communications, reputation management, stakeholder relationships, and youth and education.
The company conducts a portion of its market research using online data collection. It also conducts data collection through mail and telephone surveys, focus groups, and personal interviews. Its telephone data collection is conducted through its telephone data collection centers in the United Kingdom, Canada, Hong Kong, and Singapore. In addition to these facilities, it outsources telephone data collection and survey programming to contracted sources in various countries, including India and Costa Rica.
Products and Services
The company conducts various types of custom research, including customer satisfaction surveys, market share studies, new product introduction studies, brand recognition studies, reputation studies, and ad concept testing.
Survey Design: Initial meetings are conducted with the client to define the objectives and reasons for the study, which ensures that the final data collected, would meet the clients needs. Based on the requirements, the company determines the data collection process, such as a mail, telephone or online survey, focus groups, personal interviews, or any combination thereof, sampling scheme (the demographics and various people to be surveyed), and survey design or focus group protocol.
Data Collection: Field data collection is conducted primarily through computer-aided online or telephone interviewing, mail or in person, and holding focus group meetings.
Weighting, Analysis, and Reporting: The company reviews the collected data for sufficiency and completeness, weights the data accordingly, and then analyzes by desired demographic, business or industry characteristics.
Tracking Study Research
The company designs, executes, and maintains custom, online tracking studies for clients in a range of industries. Tracking studies regularly ask identical questions to similar demographic groups within a constant interval (once a month, once a quarter) to feed business decision-makers with data and intelligence that enables them to: measure, sustain, and improve customer loyalty; gather market and customer intelligence relative to the brand and category; detect emerging market trends and/or competitive threats; assess the impact of marketing on customer behaviors and attitudes; and identify opportunities for growth.
Service Bureau Research
The company provides its market research industry clients with mixed-mode data collection, panel development services, and syndicated and tracking research consultation through its service bureau group.
Research Lifestreaming connects the conversations that people are having, online and offline, with the views they express and the actions they take through a research platform with social media research capabilities.
Mobile GPS enables questions to be directed to panelists based on their location so that clients can gather insights at or in close proximity to the point of experience.
MediaAmp connects television program viewership with brand equity by integrating data from Harris Multi-Screen Engagement and EquiTrend studies, helping media sellers position their television content and improve the value of their ad platforms, and media buyers target the right television program for their brands.
BMI new capability based on capturing the height and weight of panelists, helping clients understand underweight, normal weight, overweight, and obese adults.
The company operates principally in North America, Europe, and Asia. Non-U.S. market research comprises operations in United Kingdom, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, and Singapore. It also maintains a representative office in mainland China.
The company's competitors include Synovate (owned by Aegis Group plc), GfK AG, Ipsos SA, and TNS and Millward Brown (owned by WPP Group plc).
Harris Interactive Inc. was founded in 1956.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HARRIS INTERACTIVE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HARRIS INTERACTIVE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HARRIS INTERACTIVE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HARRIS INTERACTIVE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HARRIS INTERACTIVE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Harris Interactive Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Harris Interactive Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Harris Interactive Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Harris Interactive Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Harris Interactive Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. HARRIS INTERACTIVE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HARRIS INTERACTIVE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HARRIS INTERACTIVE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HARRIS INTERACTIVE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HARRIS INTERACTIVE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HARRIS INTERACTIVE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Harris Interactive Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Harris Interactive Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Harris Interactive Inc. Major Shareholders
Harris Interactive Inc. History
Harris Interactive Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Harris Interactive Inc. Offices and Representations
Harris Interactive Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Harris Interactive Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Harris Interactive Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Harris Interactive Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Harris Interactive Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Harris Interactive Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Harris Interactive Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Harris Interactive Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Harris Interactive Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Harris Interactive Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Harris Interactive Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Harris Interactive Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?