- The report contains detailed information about Grupo Televisa SA that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Grupo Televisa SA. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Grupo Televisa SA financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Grupo Televisa SA competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Grupo Televisa SA business.
About Grupo Televisa SA
Grupo Televisa, S.A.B., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a media company in Mexico and internationally. The company has interests in television production and broadcasting, production of pay-television networks, international distribution of television programming, direct-to-home satellite services, cable television and telecommunication services, magazine publishing and distribution, radio production and broadcasting, professional sports and live entertainment, feature-film production and distribution, the operation of a horizontal Internet portal, and gaming.
As of December 31, 2009, the company had exported 65,449 hours of programming to approximately 57 countries. The company publishes the Spanish-language magazine in the world approximately 153 million magazines with 178 titles in approximately 20 countries. The company produces pay television channels with national and international feeds, which reach subscribers throughout Latin America, the United States, Canada, Europe and the Asia Pacific.
The company owns 58.7% of Sky, a DTH satellite television provider in Mexico, Central America, and the Dominican Republic. The company is also a shareholder in three Mexican cable companies, Cablevisión, Cablemás, and TVI. The company owns 51% of Cablevision, 50% of TVI, and 58.3% of Cablemás. The company also owns Esmas.com, a digital entertainment Web portal in Latin America, a gaming business which includes bingo parlors, a 75% stake in a radio company as of December 31, 2009 of the Mexican territory, a feature film production and distribution company, soccer teams, and a stadium in Mexico.
The company conducts its operations through six segments: Television Broadcasting, Pay Television Networks, Programming Exports, Publishing, Sky, and Cable and Telecom.
The Television Broadcasting segment includes the production of television programming and nationwide broadcasting of Channels 2, 4, 5 and 9 (television networks), and the production of television programming and broadcasting for local television stations in Mexico and the United States. The broadcasting of television networks is performed by television repeater stations in Mexico, which are wholly-owned, majority-owned or minority-owned by the company.
Pay Television Networks
The Pay Television Networks segment includes programming services for cable and pay-per-view television companies in Mexico, other countries in Latin America, the United States and Europe. The programming services consist of both programming produced by the company and programming produced by others.
The Programming Exports segment offers international licensing of television programming.
The Publishing segment primarily publishes Spanish-language magazines in Mexico, the United States, and Latin America.
The Sky segment provides direct-to-home broadcast satellite pay television services in Mexico.
Cable and Telecom
The Cable and Telecom segment operates a cable television system in the Mexico City metropolitan area (Cablevisión); beginning in 2009, the operation of cable and telecommunications networks covering Monterrey and suburban areas (TVI). This segment also provides data and long-distance services solutions to carriers and other telecommunications service providers through its fiber-optic network in Mexico and the United States.
The Other Businesses segment includes the company's domestic operations in sports and show business promotion, soccer, feature film production and distribution, Internet, gaming, radio, and publishing distribution.
In 2009, the company entered into a strategic alliance agreement with Genomma Lab Internacional, S.A.B. de C.V., (Genomma Lab), to sell and distribute personal care and over the counter pharmaceuticals in the United States and Puerto Rico. The strategic alliance would operate through Televisa Consumer Products USA, (TCP), a company owned 51% by Televisa and 49% by Genomma Lab. The sale and distribution of Genomma Labs products would be an integral part of the activities of TCP.
In February 2010, the company entered into an Investment and Securities Subscription Agreement, or Investment Agreement with NII pursuant to which the company would acquire a 30% equity interest in Comunicaciones Nextel de Mexico, S.A. de C.V., (Nextel Mexico).
In 2009, the company entered into new agreements, by which Multijuegos obtained from Scientific Games a license for the lottery software and the electronic terminals, communications equipment and hardware of the lottery system to operate directly the same.
Grupo Televisa, S.A.B. was founded in 1990.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GRUPO TELEVISA SA COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GRUPO TELEVISA SA BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GRUPO TELEVISA SA SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GRUPO TELEVISA SA FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GRUPO TELEVISA SA COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Grupo Televisa SA Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Grupo Televisa SA and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Grupo Televisa SA and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Grupo Televisa SA Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Grupo Televisa SA Industry Position Analysis
6. GRUPO TELEVISA SA NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GRUPO TELEVISA SA EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GRUPO TELEVISA SA ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. MEXICO PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GRUPO TELEVISA SA IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GRUPO TELEVISA SA PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GRUPO TELEVISA SA VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Grupo Televisa SA Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Grupo Televisa SA Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Grupo Televisa SA Major Shareholders
Grupo Televisa SA History
Grupo Televisa SA Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Grupo Televisa SA Offices and Representations
Grupo Televisa SA SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Grupo Televisa SA Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Grupo Televisa SA Capital Market Snapshot
Grupo Televisa SA Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Grupo Televisa SA Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Grupo Televisa SA Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Grupo Televisa SA Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Grupo Televisa SA 1-year Stock Charts
Grupo Televisa SA 5-year Stock Charts
Grupo Televisa SA vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Grupo Televisa SA vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Grupo Televisa SA Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?