- The report contains detailed information about Grupo Prisa SA that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Grupo Prisa SA. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Grupo Prisa SA financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Grupo Prisa SA competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Grupo Prisa SA business.
About Grupo Prisa SA
Grupo Prisa operates as a Spanish and Portuguese-language media group in the fields of education, information, and entertainment.
The company, with presence in 22 countries, reaches approximately 50 million readers, listeners, viewers, and Internet users through its global brands El País, 40 Principales, Santillana, and Alfaguara.
The companys activities are organized into four main areas: Press, Radio, Education-Publishing, and Audiovisual, complemented by the Digital activity.
The Press activities include the El Pais, As, Cinco Días, and magazine businesses, as well as the International Press business. El Pais is a news paper in Spain, which is printed at production plants in Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Seville, Lugo, Las Palmas, Burgos, and Palma de Mallorca, as well as in Germany, Belgium, Mexico, and Argentina.
The company's magazine business, Progresa (Promotora General de Revistas), produces 30 titles making it market leader in this sector in Spain. Titles include Cinemanía, Rolling Stone, Gentleman, La Revista 40, Claves de la Razón Práctica, Car, Business Traveller (Cinco Días), Europa (Air Europa), and Art&Co, the official magazine of the international art fair ARCO. It also publishes the El País Annual and the wine review Anuario de los Vinos. Progresa is present in the Portuguese market through Media Capital Edições (MCE), which publishes seven magazines, including Lux (weekly celebrity news), LuxWoman (monthly women's title), y Maxmen (monthly men's title), and specialist titles such as Revista de Vinhos (wine), Casas de Portugal (home and decoration), and Briefing (advertising). MCE also publishes newsletters, corporate publications, and directories; and organizes and manages trade fairs. The company is also active in the print media in France, Portugal, Bolivia, and Mexico.
The Radio activities encompass the Radio business in Spain and abroad, as well as the Gran Vía Musical business.
The company's 80% owned subsidiary, Unión Radio, is a Spanish-language radio group with approximately 24 million listeners and approximately 1.250 owned and associated stations throughout Spain, the United States, Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, Panama, Argentina, and Chile. In Spain, Unión Radio's priamry station is Cadena SER which boasts 481 stations -both directly owned and associates- broadcasting to the general public. There are also five music stations: 40 Principales, Cadena Dial, M-80, Radiole, and Máxima FM.
The company's radio activities in the Americas are grouped into the holding GLR (Grupo Latino de Radio). In the U.S., the radio group operates through two Spanish-language broadcasters, one in Los Angeles and throughout southern California. In Mexico, Unión Radio operates through Radiópolis, 50% owned by Televisa and managed by Unión Radio. Radiópolis, through its 88 stations, either owned directly or affiliates, broadcasts in three main radio segments: W Radio for talk radio, Besame, and 40 Principales for music radio. These formats are reproduced throughout Panama, Costa Rica, Chile, Argentina, and Colombia. Radio Caracol produces and distributes approximately 10 different radio formats of talk and music radio. Unión Radio also owns Ibero Americana Radio Chile, which owns 140 stations and approximately 8 radio formats.
The company's broadcasting interests in the Portuguese radio market are represented by Media Capital Radio (MCR), a portfolio which includes the mainstream station Rádio Clube and the music stations Rádio Comercial, Cidade FM, Best Rock FM, Romantica FM, and M80. Gran Vía Musical (GVM) is responsible for the promotion and production of musical events and bookings through Planet Events, as well as rights management with Nova and Lirics & Music.
The Education-Publishing activities comprise the Santillana business in Spain, Portugal, the United States, and South America. In the field of higher education, the postgraduate center, Instituto Universitario de Posgrado (IUP), specialized in masters and postgraduate degrees through online learning, reached 7,000 students in 45 countries.
Grupo Santillana is responsible f
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GRUPO PRISA SA COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GRUPO PRISA SA BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GRUPO PRISA SA SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GRUPO PRISA SA FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GRUPO PRISA SA COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Grupo Prisa SA Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Grupo Prisa SA and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Grupo Prisa SA and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Grupo Prisa SA Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Grupo Prisa SA Industry Position Analysis
6. GRUPO PRISA SA NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GRUPO PRISA SA EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GRUPO PRISA SA ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SPAIN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GRUPO PRISA SA IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GRUPO PRISA SA PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GRUPO PRISA SA VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Grupo Prisa SA Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Grupo Prisa SA Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Grupo Prisa SA Major Shareholders
Grupo Prisa SA History
Grupo Prisa SA Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Grupo Prisa SA Offices and Representations
Grupo Prisa SA SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Grupo Prisa SA Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Grupo Prisa SA Capital Market Snapshot
Grupo Prisa SA Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Grupo Prisa SA Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Grupo Prisa SA Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Grupo Prisa SA Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Grupo Prisa SA 1-year Stock Charts
Grupo Prisa SA 5-year Stock Charts
Grupo Prisa SA vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Grupo Prisa SA vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Grupo Prisa SA Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?