- The report contains detailed information about Golden Books Family Entertainment, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Golden Books Family Entertainment, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Golden Books Family Entertainment, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Golden Books Family Entertainment, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Golden Books Family Entertainment, Inc. business.
About Golden Books Family Entertainment, Inc.
Golden Books Family Entertainment, Inc. publishes, produces, licenses and markets an extensive range of children's books and family related entertainment products. The Company has two business segments, which it operates primarily through its principal operating subsidiary, Golden Books Publishing Company, Inc. (Golden Books Publishing): Consumer Products, which includes its Children's Publishing division, including internet operations and Entertainment, which operates as the Golden Books Entertainment Group (GBEG) division.
Children's Publishing: The Company is a publisher of children's books in the North American retail market and has published its flagship product line, Little Golden Books, for over 50 years. The Children's Publishing division produces storybooks, coloring/activity books, puzzles, educational workbooks, reference books, novelty books and chapter books. The products of the Children's Publishing division utilize both owned characters, such as The Poky Little Puppy and characters licensed by the Company from third parties.
Significant licenses that the Company currently holds include Mattel-Barbie, Nintendo-Pokemon, Warner Bros.- Powerpuff Girls, Scooby-Doo, Cartoon Network, Originals, Mercer Mayer-Little Critters, Nickelodeon-Blue's Clues, Rug Rats, SpongeBob SquarePants, Hit Entertainment-Bob the Builder, Sirius Thinking-Between the Lions and Hasbro-Candyland, Monopoly.
The Children's Publishing division's products have traditionally been designed primarily for children up to age seven and have been distributed mainly through mass market channels. The Company also sells children's products through bookstores and other retailers, special markets and international channels.
The Children's Publishing products fall into three broad categories: Classic, education and reference, and trade and novelty products.
Classic Products: The Company's Classic category of products consists of storybooks and coloring/activity books and related products.
Storybooks are published principally under the Golden Books, Little Golden Books and Golden Look Look trademarks. In addition to storybooks in the foregoing formats, the Company also publishes paperback books and touch and feel books for babies, including Pat the Bunny.
Coloring/activity books and related products include coloring books, paint books, sticker books, paper doll books, and crayons and boxed activity products. The Company markets these products under the Golden Books and Merrigold Press trademarks.
The Company's coloring/activity books and related products generally are designed to be appropriate for children ages three to five and are designed to encourage age-appropriate activities, particularly the development of artistic and motor skills. They contain less thematic material than the Company's storybooks and focus primarily on images and scenes utilizing licensed or owned characters.
Education and Reference Products: The Company's education and reference products consist of Road to Reading, workbooks, flashcards and reference books. The Company's workbook and flashcard products have retail price points between $2.00 and $3.50 and its Road to Reading books have retail price points between $4.00 and $5.00. All such products are sold primarily through mass-market outlets, although the Company continues to take advantage of sales opportunities for these products through bookstores, specialty retail and special markets distribution channels.
Trade and Novelty Products: The Company's current product offerings in this category consist of hardcover storybooks, flap books, pop-up books, book plus products, multiple format books and treasuries. Most products in this category are in the $5.00 to $15.00 retail price range and are primarily distributed through bookstores, specialty retail stores and special markets.
The companys principal competitors include Random House, Scholastic, Simon & Schuster, Harper Collins, School Zone and Publications International.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GOLDEN BOOKS FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GOLDEN BOOKS FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GOLDEN BOOKS FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GOLDEN BOOKS FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GOLDEN BOOKS FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Golden Books Family Entertainment, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Golden Books Family Entertainment, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Golden Books Family Entertainment, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Golden Books Family Entertainment, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Golden Books Family Entertainment, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. GOLDEN BOOKS FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GOLDEN BOOKS FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GOLDEN BOOKS FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GOLDEN BOOKS FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GOLDEN BOOKS FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GOLDEN BOOKS FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Golden Books Family Entertainment, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Golden Books Family Entertainment, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Golden Books Family Entertainment, Inc. Major Shareholders
Golden Books Family Entertainment, Inc. History
Golden Books Family Entertainment, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Golden Books Family Entertainment, Inc. Offices and Representations
Golden Books Family Entertainment, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Golden Books Family Entertainment, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Golden Books Family Entertainment, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Golden Books Family Entertainment, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Golden Books Family Entertainment, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Golden Books Family Entertainment, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Golden Books Family Entertainment, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Golden Books Family Entertainment, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Golden Books Family Entertainment, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Golden Books Family Entertainment, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Golden Books Family Entertainment, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Golden Books Family Entertainment, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?