- The report contains detailed information about Genius Products, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Genius Products, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Genius Products, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Genius Products, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Genius Products, Inc. business.
About Genius Products, Inc.
Genius Products, Inc. operates as an entertainment products distribution company that engages in acquiring, producing and licensing a library of motion pictures, television programming, and trend entertainment that is primarily sold on digital versatile disks (DVD) and digitally.
Through its 30%-owned subsidiary, Genius Products, LLC (the Distributor), the company produces and distributes a content library that encompasses approximately 3,550 feature films and documentaries and 4,000 hours of television programming. This library includes feature films and television programming from critically acclaimed producers such as The Weinstein Company, for which the Distributor has the exclusive U.S. home video distribution rights, and RHI Entertainment (Hallmark library). It also offers additional content, such as independent films, sports, family, and lifestyle productions, come from partnerships with established consumer brands.
The company primarily sells to major national retailers including Wal-Mart, Blockbuster Entertainment, Best Buy, Circuit City, Kmart, Target, Netflix, Costco, Sams Club, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Borders, Toys R Us and Columbia House. It co-produces programming with its branded content partners.
The company distributes its library on DVDs, next-generation DVDs, and electronically in a digital format. It plans to expand the distribution of its theatrical and non-theatrical products through the diverse and emerging digital distribution markets including: Video-on-Demand (VOD) and Electronic Sell-Through (EST) on the Internet to companies such as Amazon, Apple, MovieLink and Microsoft, Internet-based subscription VOD customers (such as NetFlix) and direct-to-television peer-to-peer network solutions. The Distributor distributes products to basic channels distributed on cable, Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS) and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV), which delivers television programming to households via a broadband connection using Internet protocols. It is also exploring kiosk-based distribution with retailers.
Through the Distributor, the company provides Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) services and contract with merchandisers to assist its retail partners in merchandising and managing their inventory. Through its VMI system, it manages store level placement and replenishment of shelves.
The company distributes directly to a mixture of retailers, including mass retail stores, such as Wal-Mart, Target, Kmart, Costco and Sams Club; electronics stores, such as Best Buy, Frys and Circuit City; bookstores, such as Borders and Barnes & Noble; music retailers, such as Trans World Entertainment and Virgin; emerging retailers, such as Amazon.com, Netflix, iTunes, Microsoft and MovieLink; rental outlets, such as Blockbuster, Hollywood Video and Movie Gallery; and direct marketing companies, such as QVC and Columbia House. It also sells through select wholesale distribution companies, including Ingram; Alliance Entertainment Corp.; Video Products Distributors; and Baker & Taylor.
The company has partnerships for Theatrical/Independent Films with Independent Film Channel (IFC), RHI Entertainment (Hallmark library), Tartan, The Weinstein Company, and Wellspring; for Sports with ESPN and World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE); for Lifestyle with Animal Planet and The Learning Channel (TLC); and for Family/Faith with Classic Media, Discovery Kids, Entertainment Rights and Sesame Workshop.
The companys competitors include major studios such as Buena Vista (Disney), Fox, Paramount, Sony, Warner Bros. and Universal Studios, as well as certain independent studios and suppliers such as Lionsgate, First Look and Image Entertainment.
The companys competitors include major studios such as Buena Vista (Disney), Fox (who distributes MGM and Lions Gate home entertainment products), Paramount, Sony, Warner Bros. and Universal Studios, as well as certain independent studios and suppliers, such as Image Entertainment.
Genius Products, Inc. was founded in 1996 under the name Salutations, Inc. and changed its name to Genius Products, Inc. in 1999.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GENIUS PRODUCTS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GENIUS PRODUCTS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GENIUS PRODUCTS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GENIUS PRODUCTS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GENIUS PRODUCTS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Genius Products, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Genius Products, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Genius Products, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Genius Products, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Genius Products, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. GENIUS PRODUCTS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GENIUS PRODUCTS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GENIUS PRODUCTS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GENIUS PRODUCTS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GENIUS PRODUCTS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GENIUS PRODUCTS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Genius Products, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Genius Products, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Genius Products, Inc. Major Shareholders
Genius Products, Inc. History
Genius Products, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Genius Products, Inc. Offices and Representations
Genius Products, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Genius Products, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Genius Products, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Genius Products, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Genius Products, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Genius Products, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Genius Products, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Genius Products, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Genius Products, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Genius Products, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Genius Products, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Genius Products, Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?