- The report contains detailed information about GateHouse Media, Inc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for GateHouse Media, Inc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The GateHouse Media, Inc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes GateHouse Media, Inc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of GateHouse Media, Inc business.
About GateHouse Media, Inc
GateHouse Media, Inc. publishes locally based print and online media in the United States. The company provides local content and advertising in the small and midsize markets that it serves.
The companys product mix consists of four publication types, including daily newspapers, weekly newspapers, shoppers, and niche publications. Its portfolio of products, which includes 469 community publications and approximately 260 related Web sites and 7 yellow page directories, serves approximately 289,000 business advertising accounts and reaches approximately 10 million people on a weekly basis. It operates in 358 markets across 21 states.
The companys core products include 87 daily newspapers with total paid circulation of approximately 741,000; 271 weekly newspapers (published up to three times per week) with total paid circulation of approximately 484,000 and total free circulation of approximately 885,000; 111 shoppers (generally advertising-only publications) with total circulation of approximately 1.7 million; approximately 260 locally focused Web sites, which extend its franchises onto the Internet; and 7 yellow page directories, with a distribution of approximately 755,000, that covers a population of approximately 2.0 million people.
In addition to its primary products, the company produces niche publications that address specific local market interests, such as recreation, sports, healthcare and real estate. During 2009, it created approximately 57 niche publications.
The company operates in five geographic regions, including Western, Southern Midwest, New England, Atlantic, and Northern Midwest.
The companys Western region encompasses Illinois, parts of Minnesota, California, Colorado and a total of 23 daily, 69 weekly newspapers and 33 shoppers. The suburban Chicago cluster publishes 21 weekly newspapers in the southern and western suburbs. Coupled with these publications is the door-to-door Independent Delivery Service which offers targeted delivery to approximately 2 million households per week in the nine county suburban Chicago cluster.
The Rockford Register Star operates successful Web sites that have approximately 800,000 combined monthly visitors. The western cluster of Illinois consists of 8 daily newspapers, 14 weekly newspapers, and 10 shoppers. The Peoria Journal Star with its daily paid circulation of approximately 60,712 has also provided print efficiencies to neighboring publications. The market the company serves include manufacturing facilities for Caterpillar and John Deere, higher education including Bradley University, Monmouth College, Knox College, and Western Illinois University, various health care centers and providers, and agricultural concerns, such as Pioneer and Monsanto.
The Springfield State Journal-Register with a daily paid circulation of approximately 52,100 covers the state capital of Illinois. The State Journal-Register also has Web sites with combined monthly visitors of approximately 900,000.
La Junta in the southeastern part of the state represents the Colorado properties. Along with La Junta the company also serves Bent County and Fowler and produces the weekly agricultural newspaper, The Ag Journal.
Southern Midwest Region
The companys Southern Midwest region consist of 23 daily newspapers, 31 weekly newspapers and 20 shoppers in parts of Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Louisiana. Its southern Missouri operations are clustered around Lake of the Ozarks and Joplin. Located midway between Kansas City and St. Louis and approximately 90 miles from Springfield, Missouri, its 3 daily and 7 weekly newspapers and 3 shoppers that serve the Lake of the Ozarks area reach approximately 165,000 people.
Located in southwest Missouri and southeast Kansas is the Joplin cluster with 3 daily and 5 weekly newspapers and 4 shoppers, serving a population of approximately 170,000. The Wichita cluster, with a population of approximately 600,000 people, consists of 6 dailies, 2 weeklies and 6 shoppers in the towns of Augusta, El Dorado, Pratt, Wellington, Newton and McPherson near Wichita, Kansas. Major
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GATEHOUSE MEDIA, INC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GATEHOUSE MEDIA, INC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GATEHOUSE MEDIA, INC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GATEHOUSE MEDIA, INC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GATEHOUSE MEDIA, INC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. GateHouse Media, Inc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of GateHouse Media, Inc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of GateHouse Media, Inc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. GateHouse Media, Inc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. GateHouse Media, Inc Industry Position Analysis
6. GATEHOUSE MEDIA, INC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GATEHOUSE MEDIA, INC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GATEHOUSE MEDIA, INC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GATEHOUSE MEDIA, INC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GATEHOUSE MEDIA, INC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GATEHOUSE MEDIA, INC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
GateHouse Media, Inc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
GateHouse Media, Inc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
GateHouse Media, Inc Major Shareholders
GateHouse Media, Inc History
GateHouse Media, Inc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
GateHouse Media, Inc Offices and Representations
GateHouse Media, Inc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
GateHouse Media, Inc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
GateHouse Media, Inc Capital Market Snapshot
GateHouse Media, Inc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
GateHouse Media, Inc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
GateHouse Media, Inc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
GateHouse Media, Inc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
GateHouse Media, Inc 1-year Stock Charts
GateHouse Media, Inc 5-year Stock Charts
GateHouse Media, Inc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
GateHouse Media, Inc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
GateHouse Media, Inc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?