- The report contains detailed information about The E. W. Scripps Company that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for The E. W. Scripps Company. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The The E. W. Scripps Company financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes The E. W. Scripps Company competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of The E. W. Scripps Company business.
About The E. W. Scripps Company
The E. W. Scripps Company operates as a media company. The company has interests in television stations, newspapers, local news and information Web sites, and licensing and syndication.
The companys portfolio of locally focused media properties includes 10 TV stations (six ABC affiliates, three NBC affiliates, and one independent); daily and community newspapers in 13 markets and the Washington, D.C.-based Scripps Media Center, home of the Scripps Howard News Service; and United Media, the licensor and syndicator of Peanuts, Dilbert, and approximately 150 other features and comics.
The company operates daily and community newspapers in 13 markets in the United States. All of its newspapers subscribe to the wire service. Its newspapers also operate Internet sites, offering users information, comprehensive news, user-generated content, advertising, e-commerce and other services. The company also sells advertising across all of its digital platforms. A relationship with zillow.com brings new online real estate ads to the companys newspapers.
The companys television station group includes six ABC-affiliated stations, three NBC-affiliated stations and one independent station. Its television stations reach approximately 10% of the nations television households. Nine of its television stations are affiliated with national television networks. In addition to network programming, the companys television stations produce their own programming and air programming licensed from different independent program producers and syndicators.
Licensing and Other Media
Licensing and other media primarily include syndication and licensing of news features and comics. Under the trade name United Media, the company distributes news columns, comics and other features for the newspaper industry. Included among these features is Peanuts, one of the strips in the comic art.
United Media owns and licenses worldwide copyrights relating to Peanuts, and other properties for use on various products, including apparel and greeting cards, for promotional purposes and for exhibit on television and other media.
In April 2010, Belo Corp., Cox Media Group, Inc., The E. W. Scripps Company, Fox, Gannett Broadcasting, Inc., Hearst Television, Inc., ION Television, Media General, Inc., Meredith Corp., Nation Broadcasting Corporation Public Company Limited, Post-Newsweek Stations, Inc. and Raycom Media, Inc. announced plans to form a standalone joint venture to develop a new national mobile content service.
The E. W. Scripps Company was founded in 1878.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. THE E. W. SCRIPPS COMPANY COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. THE E. W. SCRIPPS COMPANY BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. THE E. W. SCRIPPS COMPANY SWOT ANALYSIS
4. THE E. W. SCRIPPS COMPANY FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. THE E. W. SCRIPPS COMPANY COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. The E. W. Scripps Company Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of The E. W. Scripps Company and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of The E. W. Scripps Company and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. The E. W. Scripps Company Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. The E. W. Scripps Company Industry Position Analysis
6. THE E. W. SCRIPPS COMPANY NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. THE E. W. SCRIPPS COMPANY EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. THE E. W. SCRIPPS COMPANY ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. THE E. W. SCRIPPS COMPANY IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. THE E. W. SCRIPPS COMPANY PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. THE E. W. SCRIPPS COMPANY VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
The E. W. Scripps Company Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
The E. W. Scripps Company Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
The E. W. Scripps Company Major Shareholders
The E. W. Scripps Company History
The E. W. Scripps Company Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
The E. W. Scripps Company Offices and Representations
The E. W. Scripps Company SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
The E. W. Scripps Company Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
The E. W. Scripps Company Capital Market Snapshot
The E. W. Scripps Company Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
The E. W. Scripps Company Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
The E. W. Scripps Company Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
The E. W. Scripps Company Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
The E. W. Scripps Company 1-year Stock Charts
The E. W. Scripps Company 5-year Stock Charts
The E. W. Scripps Company vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
The E. W. Scripps Company vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
The E. W. Scripps Company Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?