- The report contains detailed information about Dex One Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Dex One Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Dex One Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Dex One Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Dex One Corporation business.
About Dex One Corporation
Dex One Corporation operates as a marketing services company that helps local businesses reach and keep ready-to-buy consumers. The company offers local businesses personalized marketing consulting services and exposure across a network of local marketing products, including print, online, and mobile yellow pages and search solutions, as well as search engines.
The company provides the Dex Advantage, an integrated offering that ensures local clients business information is published and marketed through a single profile and distributed via a variety of both owned and operated products and through other local search products.
The Dex Advantage spans multiple media platforms for local advertisers including print with Dex published directories, which it co-brands with other brands in the industry, such as Qwest, CenturyLink (formerly Embarq) and AT&T, online and mobile devices with DexKnows.com and voice-activated directory search at 1-800-Call-Dex. The companys digital affiliate provided solutions are powered by DexNet.
Print Products and Services
The company offers three primary types of printed yellow pages directories: core directories, community directories and Plus companion directories. Core directories cover large population or regional areas, whereas community directories typically focus on a sub-section of the areas addressed by corresponding core directories. The Plus companion directory is a small format directory used in addition to the core and community directories. It is complementary to the core directory with replicated advertising from the core directory. Print directory advertising products can be broken down into three basic categories: Yellow Pages, White Pages and Specialty/Awareness Products.
This listing includes the name, address and telephone number of the business and is included in alphabetical order in the relevant industry classification. A range of paid advertising options is available in yellow pages directories:
Listing options Clients may enhance their complimentary listing in several ways. Clients may also purchase extra lines of text to convey information, such as hours of operation, a more detailed description of their business, or a website address.
In-column advertising options In-column advertisements may include such features as bolding, special fonts, color, trademarks and graphics.
Display advertising options A display advertisement allows businesses to include a range of information, illustrations, photographs and logos. Display advertisers are offered various levels of color, including spot-four color, enhanced color, process photo and high-impact.
The company provides a white pages listing to every residence and business in a given area that sets forth the name, address and phone number of each residence or business unless they have requested not to be listed.
The company offers awareness products that allow businesses to advertise in a variety of high-visibility locations on or inside a directory. Awareness products include placement of clients advertisements on the inside and outside of the front and back cover, on tabs within the directory, on the edges of the directory, on delivery bags and on card stock inserted in the directory and in delivery bags.
Online Products and Services
The companys listing and clients content is also placed on the DexKnows.com platform through basic text listings and searchable business profiles and through Internet products, including DexKnows Enhanced Packs and DexKnows Starter Packs. DexKnows.com includes approximately 13.1 million business listings and approximately 175 million residential listings from across the United States.
DexNet drives leads to clients through placement of their business listings in prime locations on DexKnows.com and distributes it to other major search engines. Products and services offered by DexNet provide solutions to enhance local directional marketing capabilities.
Dex Ones business-to-business platforms enable clients to find what they need to manage and grow their businesses and reach ready-to-buy consumers across the Internet. Business.com website provides how-to guides covering business challenges, the ability to ask for and receive business advice through online question and answer forum, Business.com Answers, and the ability to find the right products, services and vendors through Business-to-Business (B2B) online directory. Work.com website primarily operates as an online publishing platform, enabling to create useful how-to guides on a range of business topics.
The companys suppliers include CellMark Paper, Inc., Nippon Paper Industries USA, Co., Ltd., Catalyst Paper (USA) Inc. and Tembec Paper Group.
The company competes with traditional print yellow pages directory publishers, including independent publishers, such as Yellowbook, White Directory Publishing, Inc. and Phone Directories Company. In some markets, the company competes with other incumbent publishers, such as SuperMedia (formerly Idearc) and AT&T. The companys primary online competition to be the search engines, such as Google, Yahoo!, and BING.
Dex One Corporation was founded in 1841. The company was formerly known as R.H. Donnelley Corporation and changed its name to Dex One Corporation in January 2010.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DEX ONE CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DEX ONE CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DEX ONE CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DEX ONE CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DEX ONE CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Dex One Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Dex One Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Dex One Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Dex One Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Dex One Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. DEX ONE CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DEX ONE CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DEX ONE CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DEX ONE CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DEX ONE CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DEX ONE CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Dex One Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Dex One Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Dex One Corporation Major Shareholders
Dex One Corporation History
Dex One Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Dex One Corporation Offices and Representations
Dex One Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Dex One Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Dex One Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Dex One Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
Dex One Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Dex One Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Dex One Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Dex One Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Dex One Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Dex One Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Dex One Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Dex One Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?