- The report contains detailed information about CKX Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for CKX Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The CKX Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes CKX Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of CKX Inc. business.
About CKX Inc.
CKX, Inc. engages in the ownership, development, management and commercial utilization of entertainment content worldwide.
The companys segments include Presley Business Royalties and Licensing, Presley Business Graceland Operations, 19 Entertainment, and the Ali Business.
PRESLEY BUSINESS ROYALTIES AND LICENSING
The company owns an 85% interest in the entities which own and/or control the commercial utilization of the name, image and likeness of Elvis Presley, the operation of the Graceland museum and related attractions, as well as revenue derived from Elvis Presleys television specials, films and certain of the recorded musical works (the Presley Business). The Presley Business consists primarily of two components: first, intellectual property, including the licensing of the name, image, likeness and trademarks associated with Elvis Presley, as well as other owned and/or controlled intellectual property and the collection of royalties from certain motion pictures, television specials and recorded musical works and music compositions; and second, the operation of the Graceland museum and related attractions and retail establishments, including Elvis Presleys Heartbreak Hotel and other ancillary real estate assets.
Licensing and Intellectual Property
Music Rights: The company owns co-publishing rights to approximately 650 music compositions, majority of which were recorded by Elvis Presley. The company also owns rights to receive royalties from sales of certain Elvis records.
Name, Image and Likeness: The company owns the name, image and likeness of Elvis Presley, as well as trademarks in various names and images associated with Elvis. It licenses to others the right to use this intellectual property for merchandising and other commercial exploitation. In addition, the company enters into licenses for the use of video and audio clips of Elvis from various motion pictures in which starred and the television programs which it owns.
Television/Video: The company owns the rights to two of Elvis television specials: 68 Special (1968) and Aloha From Hawaii (1973) and, as a result of this ownership, it has the right to negotiate for revenues associated with the use of footage from these specials in other media and formats. It also owns the rights to Elvis by the Presleys (2005), a two-hour documentary and four-hour DVD based on and including rare archival footage, home movies and photos, and interviews with Elvis, friends and relatives, including Lisa Marie Presley and Priscilla Presley. The company also owns the rights to Elvis:Viva Las Vegas (2007), a two-hour television special examining Elvis influence on Las Vegas, incorporating rarely seen footage of Elvis performing in Las Vegas, revealing interviews with those closest to him, and special performances from some of todays top recording stars singing Elvis Las Vegas classics.
Motion Pictures: Elvis starred in 31 feature films as an actor and two theatrically released concert documentary films. Elvis had, and the company is entitled to receive, participation royalties in 24 of these films. It has the right to receive royalties, but do not own the films themselves or control the content or distribution of such films. In addition, the company has the rights to and negotiates for revenues associated with the use of Elvis images as extracted from these films and embodied in other media and formats.
Licensing: The companys licensing division is charged with the responsibility of protecting and preserving the integrity of Elvis Presleys image, Graceland and other related properties. It has approximately 200 licensing arrangements. Licensed products and services (and the corresponding licensees) include greeting cards (American Greetings Corporation); slot machines (IGT); satellite radio (Sirius Satellite Radio, Inc.); limited edition wines (DFV Wines); collectibles (The Bradford Exchange); calendars and stationary (Mead Corporation); Elvis collectible magazines (Deagostini UK Limited); Elvis Limited Edition Collectors Vault book (Whitman Publishing); lottery games or tickets (MDI); and The Hamilton Ventura Elvis Watc
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CKX INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CKX INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CKX INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CKX INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CKX INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. CKX Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of CKX Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of CKX Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. CKX Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Media Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. CKX Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CKX INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CKX INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CKX INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CKX INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CKX INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CKX INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
CKX Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
CKX Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
CKX Inc. Major Shareholders
CKX Inc. History
CKX Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
CKX Inc. Offices and Representations
CKX Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
CKX Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
CKX Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
CKX Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Media Industry Statistics
CKX Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
CKX Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
CKX Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
CKX Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
CKX Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
CKX Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
CKX Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
CKX Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?